I stayed here for six days over New Year and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. From the moment I entered the foyer, I was well looked after by the staff of the Intercontinental. I opted to stay in the Club rooms ; this entitled me to access to the top floor lounge where tasty morsels of food, soups and a great selection of drinks were available to customers whenever they were in the mood for grazing. The lounge also boasts panoramic views of Vienna. A relaxing place in which to have breakfast, a light lunch or a couple of drinks before heading out to the theatre/concert halls in the evening.
The staff could not have been kinder to me. The concierge is a mine of information about different Viennese locations. There is also a great guy who runs the casual restaurant adjacent to the bar in the main lobby. He serves the food and drinks with an elan which conjures up visions of the era in which Viennese hospitality was second to none. Around tne corner from the hotel, there is a great ice rink, where my two nieces learned to ice skate over the six days of the holiday.
The hotel is in a central location. Six or seven minutes walk away from the Central Railway Station, and about ten minutes walk from Stefansdom. There is also an S-bahn station just across the road from the hotel. Using this particular station, you can travel directly to Schonbrunn Palace in the space of about fifteen minutes.
If I had one small quibble about the hotel, it would be that the rooms are not all that large. But they are very comfortable and their size did not detract from my overall experience of the Intercontinental hotel. Indeed, when we returned from the fireworks displays on New Year's Eve, the lobby was really humming with the excitement and adrenalin-rush of the occasion. We spent a couple of hours there taking in the vista ahd watching humanity of all sizes, shapes and ages unleash itself with brio onto the dance floor beside the bar. Great craic (the Irish expression for fun and devilment!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the centre of Vienna, the deluxe hotel is the ideal starting point from which to explore this fascinating city. International atmosphere and Viennese tradition together with personalized service present the perfect harmony for a pleasant stay.459 guestrooms including 3 club floors and 49 suites boast every comfort of a de deluxe property. A restaurant, bar and café as well as 24-hour fitness centre and room service, garage, hair-dresser and souvenir shop round up the hotel’s facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, IHG, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Wien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Wien Hotel Vienna
- Intercontinental Hotel Vienna
- Intercontinental Hotel Wien