InterContinental Wien
US$372
US$335
Hotels.com
2,145 results
All reviewsthe club loungeice rinkihg membercity parklobby bardirectly across the streetmetro stationdeluxe rooman upgradebeautiful cityper daybreakfast buffet isthe air conditioningcomfortable hotelcentral locationon footopera house
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Located in the very heart of Vienna, just across the Stadtpark's U-bahn station, it certainly is at a premium location for enjoying what Vienna has best to offer.

Being a building from the 1960's, it is nice to see the changes that occurred through time.

The front office staff is very polite and security aware.
The only exception goes for the bellboys. INSIDE the property - they are very helpful. However, to drag your suitcase across the the entrance stairs, there was no one to be seen.
There is a secondary entrance on the side that is at street level, but you only are aware of this once you get inside.

The room is of average size, but the toilet is very small. You can't fit two people at the same time.

The club lounge on the 12th floor has very nice views over Vienna's skyline.
It is reasonably stocked. I really enjoyed the wasabi nuts.

The TV was still and old CRT set.
The big downside of the hotel is the exorbitant price of the internet.
With other chains offering the internet as a compliment, it is time to say we are not in the 1990s anymore, and paying 25 euros for 24 hour access, is probably more that many european households pay monthly for that service.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pjso
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Dear pjso,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

My apologies for not assisting you with your luggage. However, I did note that you rated our Front Office staff highly.

Our TVs are actually all LCD screens throughout the hotel, I'm guessing you saw the CRT TV at another hotel?

I'm hoping you will be staying at the InterContinental Vienna again soon, we will save some of those great Wasabi nuts in the Club Lounge for you.

Best wishes,

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in May on a trip with my 23 year old daughter and requested two beds on my reservation. I was given a room with two twin beds pushed together and made up as a single bed. When I told the front desk about the situation, they told me that I could push the beds apart myself if i needed to (now this is suppose to be a 4 plus star hotel). When I asked for two beds again, I was downgraded to a smaller room with a double bed and was given a cot. I slept on the cot which was a bit nicer than my 10th grade boyscout bed. Magagement should be fired. I am a Platinum member of Priority Club, Intercontinentals VIP membership club, so membership obviously has it's advantages.

Room Tip: Don't expect too much from the staff
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DrC55
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2012

Dear DrC55

Thank you very much for your feedback. As a Senior Reviewer your comments are especially valuable to us.

I was very surprised to learn about your bedding issues and of course discussed it immediately with the team. Separating beds as you had requested is certainly not unusual in any way and something we do almost on a daily basis. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding on our part, for which I would like to apologize.

The new room that you were given as per your request was actually the identical room category, but perhaps due to the fact that the twin beds were separated may have appeared smaller.

I am very sorry that you were given the impression that our staff is not helpful; I would like to assure you of the contrary.

I sincerely hope that you will be returning to Vienna in the not too distant future and that we can reinstate your confidence in our hotel and InterContinental Hotels in general.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2012

A stay at the intercontinental Vienna allows you to combine the best of both worlds: The hotel lobby, bar and restaurants in the old viennoise style and the rooms and suites with modern equipment and excellent broadband internet connection. Also the sports facilities is excellent. Only drawback is the lack of a swimming pool.

Please take some time for a walk in the "Stadtpark" just in front of the hotel. A nice, charming park which wil delight you by its mix of "ancient stones" and beautifully treated fowers and plants. Something you will never forget.

The service is perfect. They will remember your name already on your second stay !

There are also lots of pleasant restaurants all around the location. Just leave the hotel and turn left and you will find left of the "Stadtpark" towards the center of the old town en enormous variety of restaurants, certain to appeal to any taste.

Room Tip: If you have a priority club card and you upgrade it to an intercontinental card you will - depending on availabilty - be upgraded to the suites. Ask for the higher floors and you will have a beautiful view over the old city of Vienna.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel187309
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Fantastic location, nice rooms, very grand style older hotel. We really enjoyed our time in Vienna and also staying at the InterContinental. The rooms were nice, small but very nicely done and comfortable. We had a lovely view over the park. It was only a short walk to the major tourist attractions (Spanish Riding school, shopping street, palace etc). Vienna is such a beautiful, romantic and pretty city - even in the height of Winter. We went to the opera on the Saturday night and even though the Opera itself wasn't the best, the atmosphere was sensational.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for only one night and so my comments should be read with that in mind. The check in process was a little slow but otherwise fine. The rooms are a little dated and the temperature control was very poor. The room was far too warm with no way of effectively cooling it down. This temperature problem was also evident in the meeting rooms.

The food was fine and room service effective although the menu wasnt where the hotel brochure said it was! I asked for a copy of the menu to be delivered to my room. This was promised but never happened.

There is no wireless internet access in the rooms which just amazes me for a hotel that is presumably there for business travellers primarily. Wireless access in the lobby/meeting rooms is just unacceptable in the 21st century.

Having re-read my review, it is very negative and that's unfair. The hotel is OK with a few minor irritations but instantly forgettable I suppose

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
thomaslegner, General Manager at InterContinental Wien, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Dear Rodsussexuk,

Thank you very much for your review.

First and foremost I would like to apologize for the problems with your room temperature. Surely we should have been able to adjust the temperature in your room to your liking.
I was also disappointed to read that we failed to deliver the room service menu to your room.

I can certainly appreciate that these two rather basic requests would have an impact on your stay.

We are currently working on expanding the wireless network to include all guest rooms, which is an important convenience for today’s traveler.

I would like to assure you that your review will assist us with improving our overall services and as such, is most helpful.

Best regards and safe travels,