Hotel Bristol Vienna
US$252
US$216
Official Hotel Site
1,605 results
All reviewsopera houseold worldopera suiteluxury collectionstarwood pointswalk in closetluxury hotelsmall balconyconcierge staffperfect locationmarble bathroombeautiful hotelturn down servicestate operadeluxe roombeautiful roomsitting area
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Very smart hotel with real character. Staff were great and service was impeccable. All were helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble. Dinner was impressive, with carefully presented and well cooked dishes - the sommelier was knowledgeable and helped with the choice of an excellent Reisling.The decor in the public areas is tasteful without being overpowering. Our room was beautifully furnished with a double door leading to a small balcony and a side view of the Staatsopera house. On close inspection the panels on the walls were covered not in wallpaper, but fine fabric.
Two minor criticisms :-
- lack of tea or coffee making facilities, but given the quality of the decor and the danger with hot steam, this is probably understandable.
-Prices on the room service menu or min-bar. I would always expect to pay a premium for room service for example, but these were beyond ridiculous !
Not a hotel for anyone on a budget but if you are looking for a stylish hotel in one of the classiest cities on the planet, then this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bearair52
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for my second trip to Vienna. The staff is very friendly and professional when handling our check-in and check-out. The overall process was very smooth.

The room was very satisfactory. The interior is very elegant and spacious. I love the marble bathroom as it was also very spacious. Another plus point for the bathroom is that the toilet comes with a bidet.

There is only one small comment though..there was an unpleasant smell at the lobby when I was there.

The location of this hotel is great. It is close to train station, bus stop and tram stop. It is also close to shopping area. The hotel is just next to Vienna's famous opera house. Also, Vienna's Stephansdom is a walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheduh
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Whenever I come to Vienna this is my most favorite place to stay

The location is perfect, the view of the Vienna Opera House is just divine, my suite, which is the Tower Suite this time is a fairy tale 2 room suite with a balcony. The bedroom is round (actually an octagon) since it is the tower which makes it most romantic, the whole ambience is more like a visit to my wealthy, Countess grandmother, than a hotel!!

Every employee is most professional and very friendly. I am always amazed at their memories, it is lovely to check in and be greeted by employees who will respond with a big smile and how nice you are back and how is San Francisco?? Pretty impressive considering the hundreds of guests that come through here. Special requests, and I always have some, are carried out with a big smile and and faster one can imagine Even though I have not even left I am already looking at my travel calendar to see when I can return I will have to tell everyone that I have moved to Tucson, Az so when I come back they can greet me with 'And how is Tucson' cusonzon

Room Tip: any suite/ room with a view of the Vienna Opera
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
BRISTOL_VIE_GM, General Manager at Hotel Bristol Vienna, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2012

Dear Madame, thank you for your kind review posted on Trip Advisor.
It is of course a great pleasure to read your comments about our hotel and our associates. Besides the fact that you enjoy your accommodation at our hotel we feel extremely proud and happy about the fact of how much you appreciate the attentiveness of my associates. It is a great pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to many more returns of yours in the future!
Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager

Reviewed May 12, 2012

We cashed in some SPG points to spend two nights here. When we arrived just after noon (after driving from Linz), our room was not ready. No big deal - they parked the car for us and took care of our bags. We walked around the nearby gardens and got some lunch and then came back. We were upgraded to an executive suite on the fifth floor (just down the hall from the free business center). The staff quickly brought our bags to the room, and we had a welcome treat of chocolates and water waiting for us.

The room was unbelievably large (for European standards) and had a great view (albeit not of the opera house). The location of the hotel is phenomenal, and the staff truly does go above and beyond. The turndown service each night was a nice touch - especially one night when we were only out a couple hours for dinner. We were never interrupted by the maid service - they just seemed to know when the perfect time was.

The concierge was extremely helpful to us, and informed us of locations that would be closed due to the Labour Day holiday (we had not anticipated this in our trip planning). On the second day of our trip - the roads around the hotel were closed for several parades and demonstrations. We hopped on the Ubahn and headed to Schoenbrunn to avoid most of this. When we returned, we were given a great recommendation for dinner - and the concierge even made the reservations for us to ensure we would have outdoor seating!

I would say the valet parking was expensive, but having traveled in other major cities and paid at least that much (for service that was no where near the level received at Hotel Bristol), I would say it was money well spent.

Absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matt987321
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Hotel gusts skewed heavily to business travelers. Yet hotel was very comfortable place to stay on vacation. Location was very good and the staff was very helpful.

Our room was bigger than expected. Amenities (fitness center and business center computers) were a lifesaver.

I would recommend staying here to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Madame / Sir, thank you for your review posted on Trip Advisor. It is with pleasure that I have read your positive comments about our stay at our property. It is true that we have a lot of business guests during the week, but at the same time we get many leisure visitors especially during weekends due to our very central location opposite the state opera house. It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again to our hotel. Kind regards, Gerald R. Krischek - General Manager