2,032 results
All reviews sacher torte blue bar rote bar opera house blaue bar old world historic hotel concierge staff albertina museum deluxe room five star hotel breakfast buffet beautiful room wonderful hotel visiting vienna luxury doorman
Reviewed October 14, 2017 via mobile

Ok, so for starters we didn't stay at the hotel it's way above our pay grade. Each day I walked past it I couldn't understand why there were giant line ups for the restaurant and bar. Finally we popped into the gift store and bought one of the mini torte cakes because everyone else had them...so when in Rome (or Vienna in this case). Well, one bite of that torte and it all made sense! It was the most scrumptious, moist, chocolatey piece of heaven I have ever taste. Was it expensive, yeah you bet, but was it worth it......let's just say we flew home to Canada with a good stock of them. I highly suggest you try one, it won't disappoint.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your visit at our gift shop. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback!

We very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Best regards,

Manager Hotel Sacher Wien

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Luxury and very pleasant hotel, very friendly staff (except for one light red-haired lady in check out) Everything is perfect-location,food,facilities. Came to Vienna in order to visit opera ,and hotel Sacher is the best place to stay and enjoy every single moment. Thanks for amazing hospitality,hotel Sacher

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
2  Thank Olga L
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Olga L,

Thank you very much for giving us such a kind and positive feedback.

Your kind words only motivate us to keep up our work ethic and continuously improve and fulfill our guest’s wishes. I am really happy to hear that you were impressed with the service that we have provided during your stay. I will share your kind feedback with the entire team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Sacher Wien in the not too distant future.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2017

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Hotel Sacher in Vienna. The checkin was painless and friendly, our suite was beautiful in an old world kind of way, but somehow still feeling completely fresh, clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful to a fault. And the location was super convenient for our first visit to this city, allowing us to easily get to everything on our list. I'd give it 5 stars and go back in a heartbeat purely based on our stay there, but there's more: I foolishly left a valuable item in our room when we checked out, and only discovered my error after unpacking at our next destination. One call to the hotel solved the problem. They had found and set aside the item, and express shipped it to me so that it arrived the next day; no charge. Fabulous.

Tip: There's a bar/cafe inside, off the hotel lobby, that serves the same menu as the Cafe Sacher. In my comings and goings I'd see long lines waiting to get into the streetside Cafe, but several empty tables at the place off the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David M!

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment lately posted on tripadvisor.com! We are more than pleased to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant time in Vienna. Of course we will forward your appreciative lines also to our staff members.

We do hope to welcome you again at our hotel!
We wish you and your wife all the best and remain with kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Hotel Sacher is a jewel to behold upon your first steps inside if you like old world style hotels with dark woods, beautiful upholstered overstuffed chairs and a drawing room/lobby bar that oozes charm. The lobby bar was perhaps my favourite part of the place. It is very small, tables close together, but somehow it works, and if you want a little more space or it is full, there is an equally lovely room adjoining it with great seating areas where you can enjoy your drinks and even some Austrian sausage. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, served in nicely appointed rooms (one of which turns into Anna Sacher restaurant at night). The service was always prompt and friendly. The location is very good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear AnthonyBidulka,

Thank you very much for giving us such a kind and positive feedback.

Your kind words only motivate us to keep up our work ethic and continuously improve and fulfill our guest’s wishes. I am really happy to hear that you were impressed with the service that we have provided during your stay. I will share your excellent feedback with the entire team.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

We spent a few days at the Hotel Sacher and enjoyed every minute. From the moment we entered the hotel, each staff member was courteous, welcoming, and readily available to assist us. Our room was lovely and well maintained with a sumptuous breakfast each morning. Kudos to all the staff and the Sacher institution for making our stay enjoyable!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Alison H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your visit at the Hotel Sacher Wien. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback!

We very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Best regards,