“selected badly.”
Review of Hotel Sacher Wien

Hotel Sacher Wien
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in Vienna
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I reserved top room to see the opera house. But the day I arrived, front desk told me that they decided to upgrade me to Junior suite.

However, the suite is just above the construction site, (they have a renovation going on). Huge noise started 9:00 am exactly and kept running until 5:00 pm.

I don't know this is upgrade or not. After one day I asked them to change the room and they gave me room with "No view."

I don't know why this happened. I don't want to argue with them. Just, I am writing this review and I will never stay there again. It is too sad that such a nice hotel lost their frequent guest by this kind of mistreatment.

Room Tip: junior suits usually located in bad view area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JackSeoul
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear JackSeoul,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Hotel Sacher Wien.

However, I am very sorry about your disappointment in our way of handling things and the way you felt treated, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Hotel Sacher Wien, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem areas you identified and to prevent any future occurrences.

Best regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2017

it is not easy to make a real account on a stay at Sacher hotel: could be more luxury hotels , but not so comfortable, so easy to live, so friendly and tasty in every part of any room and hall.
I have been a couple of time in this ancient and unbelievable classy hotel and it is one of the few in which anyone dream to stay for a life. Location could be not possible more central in the "ring" , at least if you don't want to stay "inside" the staatoper. Personal is coming directly from movies , cooking is international style with the personal touch of a real austrian cousine. The breakfeast is difficult to describe not to speak the sacher torte everywhere...

Room Tip: There are only good bedrooms!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Massimo M.,

Thank you very much for giving us such a kind and positive feedback.

Your kind words only motivate us to keep up our work ethic and continuously improve and fulfill our guest’s wishes. I am really happy to hear that you were impressed with the service that we have provided during your stay. I will share your kind feedback with the entire team.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Sacher Wien in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

Vienna was experiencing an unexpected tourist influx in what is usually a "down time" between the summer peak and the Christmas/New Year season. So even the Sacher was very, very full while coping with renovations. Did this have an adverse on the guest experience? NO. The hotel functioned as the well oiled machine it is.
Check-in efficient; lifts came quickly; the room (on the top storey) was beautifully appointed with all facilities to hand , including a daily treat! The Concierge was magnificent, dealing with everything from collecting opera tickets, posting mail, helping us to understand the public transport system and organising the on-line check-in for our flights.
The breakfast was as lavish as ever with excellent staff and gracious surroundings. Even on a morning when a large group all swooped down for breakfast simultaneously and something approaching a queue began to form the whole situation was dealt with so professionally it was hardly noticeable.
When one guest with a heavy cold saw fit to blow his nose into the pristine white table linen how did they cope? Well, they seemed to ignore what was going on, but the repellent consequences were smartly whisked away discreetly and the table re-set.
Service like this is of the highest calibre, and worth every penny of the hefty price-tag.

Room Tip: I have stayed here several times in different rooms and they have all been superb
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Ok, so for starters we didn't stay at the hotel it's way above our pay grade. Each day I walked past it I couldn't understand why there were giant line ups for the restaurant and bar. Finally we popped into the gift store and bought one of the mini torte cakes because everyone else had them...so when in Rome (or Vienna in this case). Well, one bite of that torte and it all made sense! It was the most scrumptious, moist, chocolatey piece of heaven I have ever taste. Was it expensive, yeah you bet, but was it worth it......let's just say we flew home to Canada with a good stock of them. I highly suggest you try one, it won't disappoint.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your visit at our gift shop. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback!

We very much hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon!

Best regards,

Manager Hotel Sacher Wien

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Luxury and very pleasant hotel, very friendly staff (except for one light red-haired lady in check out) Everything is perfect-location,food,facilities. Came to Vienna in order to visit opera ,and hotel Sacher is the best place to stay and enjoy every single moment. Thanks for amazing hospitality,hotel Sacher

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
2  Thank Olga L
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Dear Olga L,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent stay at the Hotel Sacher in Vienna. The checkin was painless and friendly, our suite was beautiful in an old world kind of way, but somehow still feeling completely fresh, clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful to a fault. And the location was super convenient for our first visit to this city, allowing us to easily get to everything on our list. I'd give it 5 stars and go back in a heartbeat purely based on our stay there, but there's more: I foolishly left a valuable item in our room when we checked out, and only discovered my error after unpacking at our next destination. One call to the hotel solved the problem. They had found and set aside the item, and express shipped it to me so that it arrived the next day; no charge. Fabulous.

Tip: There's a bar/cafe inside, off the hotel lobby, that serves the same menu as the Cafe Sacher. In my comings and goings I'd see long lines waiting to get into the streetside Cafe, but several empty tables at the place off the hotel lobby.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear David M!

Thank you very much for your wonderful comment lately posted on tripadvisor.com! We are more than pleased to learn that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and had a pleasant time in Vienna. Of course we will forward your appreciative lines also to our staff members.

We do hope to welcome you again at our hotel!
We wish you and your wife all the best and remain with kind regards from Vienna,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Hotel Sacher is a jewel to behold upon your first steps inside if you like old world style hotels with dark woods, beautiful upholstered overstuffed chairs and a drawing room/lobby bar that oozes charm. The lobby bar was perhaps my favourite part of the place. It is very small, tables close together, but somehow it works, and if you want a little more space or it is full, there is an equally lovely room adjoining it with great seating areas where you can enjoy your drinks and even some Austrian sausage. The breakfast buffet was wonderful, served in nicely appointed rooms (one of which turns into Anna Sacher restaurant at night). The service was always prompt and friendly. The location is very good.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear AnthonyBidulka,

Thank you very much for giving us such a kind and positive feedback.

Your kind words only motivate us to keep up our work ethic and continuously improve and fulfill our guest’s wishes. I am really happy to hear that you were impressed with the service that we have provided during your stay. I will share your excellent feedback with the entire team.