2,048 results
All reviews sacher torte blue bar rote bar opera house blaue bar old world historic hotel concierge staff deluxe room albertina museum five star hotel breakfast buffet beautiful room spanish riding school amazing hotel luxury doorman
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Excellent situation. Ambience and decor will appeal to those who like old fashioned opulence. Others may find it a bit overbearing. Breakfast buffet the best and most extensive I have seen anywhere else!!
Room was OK but dark and the floor was not cleaned on the three days we were there. The rail in the wardrobe could only be reached by someone of 6'2" or more (see photo)!! On one of the days there was 6 solid hours of masonry drilling going on making it impossible to rest. No discount was offered fir this disturbance.
Generally good but overpriced.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Malcolm M
SacherHotels, Manager at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Mr. Malcolm M,

first of all, I would like to thank you very much for you recent stay with us - it had been our pleasure to welcoming you to the “Sacher”!

I truly regret the inconvenience you experienced during your visit at our hotel regarding the noise of the renovation works and that it has left such a negative impression. Please rest assured that such behavior and waiting times certainly do not correspond with our company's philosophy and high service standards and that I will definitely follow up your mentioned points with the team accordingly in order to avoid such experiences in the future.

Dear Mr. Malcolm M, I would like to sincerely apologize once again and hope that you will give us a second chance during upcoming travels to Vienna so that we can convince you from the usual pleasant "Sacher Experience". Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of assistance personally with a reservation.

We wish you all the very best in the meantime and remain

with kindest regards,

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

An entire station of beautifully conceived creations for children. A remarkable selection of energized mineral waters. Every baked good you could imagine including Sacher torte. Wonderful fruit juices and smoothies.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear reviewer "ValleyFor",

thank you very much for your wonderful review about our breakfast at Hotel Sacher Wien. I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the breakfast and our selection of delicate pastry, fresh juices and of course our "Petit Sacher" buffet.

I am very delighted receive such a positive feedback and I look forward to share your compliments with our team.

Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to welcome you soon again at Hotel Sacher Wien.

Kind regards

Managing Director

Reviewed September 30, 2018

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The service was utterly professional, cordial, and very competent. The premises are beautiful and stately and so well maintained. The location really couldn't be better. And they have the best breakfast buffet I've ever seen! They even have a small breakfast cart for the children. The attention to detail and the seriousness and dignity with which they perform every task is remarkable.
Definitely one of the best hotels in the world!

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Diane M
Reviewed September 20, 2018

The Sacher hotel, one of the Leading Hotels of the World is spectacular. The service is the best I have ever encountered. The concierge in particular was friendly and helpful in arranging restaurant reservations based on our taste. He and was terrific in assisting us by highlighting the major attractions and how to get there. The hotel is located across from the Opera House, one of the best locations in Vienna. and of course Sacher Torte every day.

Room tip: Our deluxe room overlooked Vienna's famous Opera House, situated directly across the street from the hotel.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
SacherHotels, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Sacher Wien, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2018

Dear reviewer "MWDN",

thank you very much for taking your time to share this wonderful review about our hotel. I am absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us.
I will share with pleasure the compliments about our service and in particular about our concierge with our team, and I am sure they will be very much encouraged by your remarks.

It is always great to hear when our guests appreciate our personal service at the Sacher and if our team was able to make your stay in Vienna even more memorable.

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Sacher, it was our pleasure to have you with us.

We're hoping to welcome you again next time when visiting Vienna.

Kindest regards

Managing Director

Reviewed September 15, 2018

My wife and I are fortunate to have stayed in some wonderful hotels around the world but this hotel is arguably the best. It is in a class of it's own and exudes elegance. The staff are warm, professional and attentive which made our stay even better. We had high expectations before we came here and every expectation has been exceeded. The attention to detail is second to none and we cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Date of stay: September 2018