“Yummy ice cream”

Ranked #1 of 117 Dessert in Vienna
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Inner City
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Saw a long queue when we walked past; went in to try. Not disappointed at all. The pleasant shop assistants allow you to try all the flavours; we tried the poppy seed, hazelnut and whisky. The first two were delicious. Would certainly visit it again if there's another chance.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Everytime when walked pass this small shop, there was always a long queue. My curiosity finally took me to the queue and discovered the real reason. The ice cream is simply wonderful. Will certainly visit it again when in Vienna.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

I don't understand the hype. It's just average sorbet ice cream you can buy in every supermarket. Its not worse to wait for and it is far to sweet!
Better go to another small shop like "Lori am Graben" Trattnerhof 1. This is for me the shop to go!!

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Went to rotenturmstrasse and mariahilfer strasse shops and tried several flavors. The ones that suit me best are goat cheese and pistachio with salt; like them very much.

There was long queue on Saturday afternoon, but it moved fast enough. Staffs are kind and friendly

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

BETTER THAN ALL THE REST

We were at dinner with local friends and I expressed my disappointment of the quality of the ice-cream in Vienna.
They enlightened me to the fact that the only place they will frequent for ice-cream is Eis Greissler.
There are two ice-creams I don't order Chocolate and Coffee as I am a firm believer they should be as a block or in a cup. Both will have their original wow factor lost made into ice-cream.
However in saying that I have had really rich Italian chocolate gelato in the south of Italy Calabria where they used lots of coco watered down and having water in the chocolate ice-cream and glucose it wasn't creamy based but rich and thirst quenching getting closer to a granita without icicles, that was something else.
But my 2 favourite ice-creams are Praline (roasted hazelnuts and almonds) in toffee broken up and dropped in the churner when two minutes remain before finishing My other is Strawberry ice-cream; you blend 3 punnets of strawberries (greens removed) with 300gr sugar blended, strain the seeds, add 100ml of creme anglaise (cold) then pouring cream to taste and colour. Served with a strawberry coulis. These I make in a bench top ice-cream maker at home.
At Eis Greissler I sampled some pistachio and it was real, a brownie green dull colour with it's true flavour not swamped with Amaretto which doesn't belong like all the other places I'd tried. The roasted hazelnut ice-cream was full flavour but not from Frangelico. The absolute favourite was the sunflower seed and oil ice-cream, this was undoubtedly WOW FACTOR.
Friendly staff but most of all simply the best, better than all the rest, without doubt.

1  Thank Hottomarta