All reviews guest kitchen metro station shared kitchen quadruple room budget hotel luggage room separate toilet room min walking billa supermarket city centre street noise family room clean hotel per night one night stay wi fi nice stay
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Meininger Hotel, Sissi has simple, uncluttered, clean and comfortable rooms with no pretensions to luxury. That is exactly what I was looking for in an affordable hotel near the city in Vienna. There are nice touches like 24 hour reception with helpful staff who speak excellent English, a guest laundry, guest kitchen and accessible power points above the bedside tables (a lot of hotels overlook this). There is also a Billa supermarket around the corner, although like most shops in Vienna, it is closed on Sunday.

I arrived on a hot summers night and my room was rather warm. I couldn't find any temperature control, so I took a shower to cool down and went to bed. The next day I found out that this fairly modern hotel does not have air con, so despite the provision of a fan squeezed onto a narrow sideboard, I was in a hot sweaty room for four nights. However the rooms appear to have good heating. So I would highly recommend Meiningen Sissi as a very good affordable hotel, except in summer when it may be better to look for a hotel that is not so hot.

Room tip: No air conditioning, so the rooms can be VERY hot in summer.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Kinga N, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2018

Dear Sirs,
first of all thank you so much for your reservation in our hotel and for your opinion about our property; we will take your inputs into consideration in order to improve our service quality!

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Stayed 4 nights. Perfect location. Initial room was on first floor and woken by building work opposite. Relocated to 5th floor which was lovely and quiet. Breakfast was exceptional with loads of choice. Staff helpful, polite and patient. Would recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kinga N, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Lorraine,
Let me thank you for staying with MEININGER in Vienna and for your feedback about your recent stay in our hotel!
We are really looking forward to welcoming you in any of our properties in Europe!

Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

I normally like to stay at higher quality boutique hotels but we stayed here for five nights because it is located around the corner from our friends’ apartment and so it was most convenient. I was surprised at the level of accommodations for what is obviously a budget hotel.

We paid 415 euros total for a triple room (two adults and one child) with no breakfast. Other lodging we considered in Vienna was a 4 star hotel in the 1st district which was 1200 euros for 5 nights and a 3 star pension off Mariahilferstrasse for about 800 euros for 5 nights.

The location is excellent, short walk to 1st district/Schwedenplatz/Schottenring and very close (less than 5 minutes) to Taborstrasse Ubahn. Lots of bakeries and shops nearby, restaurants, gelato, the Karmelitermarkt and also the Augarten park and Muth.

Our room was very clean, adult beds were not the most comfortable but also not the worst. My son’s child bed was a bit awkward and quite hard, it appeared to be a converted small sofa. We asked for an extra duvet for him to sleep on top of and it helped a bit. Bathroom was fine and WiFi worked great. Lobby staff friendly and efficient. Good but if street noise but that is everywhere so bring earplugs if it bothers you.

I would recommend to anyone on a budget. Best points are location and cleanliness.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Sirs,
Thank you so much for your reservation in the MEININGER Hotel Vienna Downtown Sissi and for taking your time reviewing our property! We are glad to read that you have had a great time with us :)
We are really looking forward to welcoming you in any of our hotels in Europe!

Reviewed July 1, 2018

After 20 years of visiting the beautiful. Country of Austria. I was proud to meet Ms. Kinga. An amazing person... I call call her.. The beautiful new generation general manager .After this..You are received by a lovely staff throughout such as...Anna..From Poland.. Amazing girl. Together with the lovely Paul, Florian,Angeline,Patrick and Jinmo.
All the best to all the staff.. All the best. :)

Trip type: Travelled on business
Kinga N, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Sirs,
thank you so much for your lovely words, this made our day for sure - I will print the review and put it on our wall of fame!
Wishing you all the best,
Kinga and the MEININGER Sissi staff

Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Staff could not do enough to help. Room accommodating 3 was comfortable and well-provisioned - although as a minor point you may wish to ask for a shower mat. Efficient hotel Wi-Fi and a great breakfast. Staff didn't hurry us out at 10.30 either. Soft drinks easily available from the drinks cabinet at reception.

One of the top 3 budget hotels in Vienna - highly recommended!
Really good hotel for position and services.
Big, cozy and clean room.
Very available staff.
The shared kitchen really useful (we stayed with our 18 month old son).
The buffet breakfast very good.
My 5 year-old girls enjoy the bunk bed, but going up and down wasnt safe for them. So we had to be careful with it. Otherwise the breakfast was excellent, especially the teas, juices and the pates.
The staff was nice and helpful.
I can truly recommend for short or longer stay for everyone.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kinga N, Manager at MEININGER Hotel Wien Downtown Sissi, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2018

Dear Sirs,
First of all thank you so much for your reservation in the MEININGER Hotel Vienna Downtown Sissi and for taking your time reviewing our property! We are glad to read that you have had a great time with us :)
We are really looking forward to welcoming you in any of our hotels in Europe!