After staying at the Hilton Budapest, an interesting comparison. I am currently a guest for 2 more nights.
1. Unlike most Hilton properties, when you call guest services from the room phone, you get connected to a central call agent that covers all the hilton properties in Vienna. This was unhelpful, took forever in many instances and resulted in contradictory information compared to the hotel's own staff, who, once put through to, were good. Solution: Hire more staff and allow each guest to speak to someone in their own hotel.
2. Complimentary water not in room and had to be asked for.
3. The seating at breakfast is a disaster - long waits, packed and food items (such as the herring salad with beetroot) all gone (a staff member stated they had run out) - too many tables in a cramped space in the main dining room downstairs; the corner tables are so cramped that once seated, you are locked in by the other guests around. When I asked the manager of the (upstairs) area about the wait, rush and chaos, he replied "get me a larger restaurant". If this chaos is a frequent occurrence (as it is here), a good hotel works out a solution instead of passing the discomfort on to the guest. Very disappointing. Solution: Hire more staff, reduce the number of tables, use additional dining areas, inform guests of the rush at breakfast at check-in, particularly guests with children.
4. The service style of some (but not all) of the front desk staff is mildly defensive rather than proactive and anticipatory.
5. The standard pillows provide poor neck support but I have yet to ask whether they have a pillow menu like many Hilton properties.
6. The mini-bar has wine but no wine glasses in the room, and when a glass was asked for a heavy lead crystal glass from a bygone era ("they are the only ones we have") was delivered.
7. On the plus side, the room size is generous, the bathrooms large and in good order and the bed size generous for a twin bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Vienna Plaza is situated at Vienna's most prestigious location, the Ringstrasse. It is only a short walk to St. Stephen's Cathedral, Burgtheater, the State Opera and Hofburg Imperial Palace. Opened in 1988 as the first designer hotel in the city, it has been extensively renovated and once again provides exclusive amenities and unique service. Inspired by the golden era of the 1920s and Art Nouveau, the atmosphere that combines historical splendour with ultimate comfort awaits you and opens the doors to the contemporary lifestyle of the city. Whether you visit Vienna for its art and culture or on business, we ensure that your stay at Hilton Vienna Plaza is extraordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Vienna Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Vienna Plaza Hotel Vienna
- Vienna Hilton