All reviewsrenovated roomcity hallhotel staff isbuilding workexcellent breakfastbig bathroomquiet locationminute walkvery nice hotelmain attractionsnon smoking roommetro stationgreat showerbreakfast room istourist attractionswould stay here againwithin walking distance
Reviewed May 2, 2018

The room was clean. Near the city hall and close to subway. The most attractions within 45 minutes walking. The breakfast was very good and the reception was helpful. Good restaurants within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2018

We spent 2 nights here with friends. My big complaint is the woman at the front desk who checked us in. She was so very rude and unprofessional when I asked if a balcony room was available as requested. She began yelling at me about how travel agents always book the less expensive rooms and I should know that. I actually said "I'm sorry to bother you.. I was just asking". Needless to say, I avoided her completely during our stay. Although we booked the same rooms, our friends room was super small (no place to even open a suitcase), while ours was quite spacious and more than 2x the size. Shops and restaurants are close by.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

It is a good hotel, great value for the money. It is near the city hall, close to a subway station so most of the city attractions are easily accessible.
It has all types of rooms, from really, really small to large ones. So you need to be careful when you book the room, to make sure you take the proper one for you- the single ones are extremely small

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank iulia149
Reviewed March 18, 2018

Choosing a hotel in a city that you do not know can be a bit of a gamble, but the Hotel Zipser was a great choice. Tucked away in a side street, it has little 'kerb appeal', and inside the layout suggest that it had a different past. The receptionist believed that it once had been a girls' school, but it's history goes back much further.

We booked a 'Deluxe' room, and were very pleased with the one we were allocated at the rear of the hotel and overlooking a courtyard garden. The room was large and had good quality furniture and fittings. Tea & coffee making facilities are provided along with a flat screen TV (no English channels) , and good, free WiFi. The well appointed bathroom of a similar high standard.

Breakfast ( which was included) was very good, but little different than that served in many hotels across the continent.

One big plus for the hotel is its location. It sits nicely between the tourist attractions of the city centre and the everyday world of small shops, markets, restaurants etc.. that make up the largest part of the city. Although the hotel does not have a restaurant, eating out is no problem as there are probably a dozen or more good ones within a few minutes walk of the front door.

Overall, a great place to stop. Comfortable room, good breakfast, friendly helpful staff, great location - what more do you want?

Room Tip: Room overlooking the courtyard at back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2018

My wife and I spent 4 nights in this very nice hotel. It is centrally situated behind the town hall (Rathaus), within c. 10 minutes' walk of the Ring Road. Our room (double executive) was comfortable and the bathroom excellent, though the 'executive' label may be a slight exaggeration. The breakfast was wholesome and satisfactory and the service polite and efficient. We could have done without the repairs outside the lift area when we were there, but they will have been completed by now.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple