“Lovely chocolate shop”

Leschanz Wiener Schokolade Konig
Ranked #17 of 156 Shopping in Vienna
Reviewed 6 August 2017

This is a treat for chocoholics. I loved all the packaging which was very pretty and we bought a selection to try which was all delicious and although expensive we went back and bought more to bring home as gifts. Couldn't resist the langue de chat boxes and we have bought a boxed Sachertorte to try. My chocolate loving friends will love this I am sure.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

I love chocolate but I just looked. Chocolates looked very good but they we also very expensive. Store was very nice.

Reviewed 25 November 2015

I am giving this a very good score, because average is too low and I cannot justify that. However, in short, the store was beautiful which gets high marks, but the chocolate was nothing spectacular in taste.

Perhaps I went into this store with such great expectations that the disappointment felt that much stronger. After reading that the chocolates were better than Belgian and Swiss I made it a mission to go and find this store.

We entered the store and it was lovely inside. So cozy, with an old time charm that you cannot find just anywhere. Beautiful chocolates, designs, a few baked goods, and a hot chocolate station. What was not to love? So we carefully chose some of the truffels to try.

The marzipan chocolates were outstanding, but the rest were lackluster. The Earl Grey we would never have guessed. Neither of us could taste this. Other chocolates started off great, but had a disappointing after taste. And some chocolates were good chocolate, but nothing more.

Both my husband and I felt the same way. We were happy to go and try it, but will not be making a special trip back to the store. If I happen to walk by, maybe I will stop in again. So I recommend to try for yourself and see what you think about the chocolate--I am interested in seeing what others think about this place.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

If you're nearby Stephansplatz and enjoy good chocolate, do not forget to sneak by this place. It's hidden amongst the many streets around this area and it is well worth a visit. Once you step inside the shop, a delicious smell of chocolate slaps you in the face, and the shop itself is really tiny and cozy. Have nothing bad to say about this place.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

While we often travel, and very often have access to some of the best Belgian and swiss chocolate in the world.....this was truly a blessing of a discovery!!

My wife had read about this chocolate maker online; A chocolate/pastry chef that used to work at Demel had written a review about this place stating that they had the best Sacher Torte in town from his experience....he was right!

We went the first time just to get a few samples; very lovely shop and warm welcome. We took a variety of milk, dark, and white chocolate..and we sampled their "Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart" chocolate balls. Compared to all the others we tried...those were the absolute best we have had in Vienna...and some of the best chocolate we have had in the world.(A little more expensive than the other brands..but very much worth it)!!!

Great sent, great consistency, great flavor!!

It was great to see that real local chocolate artisans still exist :-)

4  Thank Sadek M