1,715 results
All reviews praterstern station prater park city centre ferris wheel minute walk nice hotel good size transport links loved vienna deluxe room breakfast was excellent air conditioning side street stayed here for nights convenient location hotel is located breakfast room
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

Positives - closer to train station and bus station. Prater park within 500 mtrs from hotel. Good restaurants around the hotel.

Negatives - No views from room, AC was switched off (seasonal), no restaurant in hotel, breakfast options were less and breakfast place was small, lifts were very small and inadequate, towels were oldish.

Overall - wont stay there, If I visit next time.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2018

I would like to share with you the part of my incredible experience having my holidays at Vienna, this part is about "Der Wilhelmshof". I stayed for 6 days. All the service, snack bar, and everything exceeded my expectations for sure. The hotel is decorated with a bit of style, and is very clean. My room was equipped with modern furniture. I had a good WiFi Internet , and the breakfasts were yummy(probably less good if you like a cooked breakfast, which I don't). I asked for help once at the desk (to store a bike overnight) and they were obliging. The location is very good for access to the underground and the airport. The walk to the centre is a pleasure. This hotel has the best ratio of price and quality.To say short, it's just 10/10.

Room tip: My room overlooked the street and I have a good view of the street.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank traveler_Y2
Reviewed October 28, 2018

The hotel is only 20 min away from the city centre. Very clean and very friendly staff. The room was big and modern. There was plenty to choose from for breakfast. I emailed the hotel on the morning of check in to organise a bottle of champagne for us being ready in the room on arrival. That was no problem at all. I also mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary and the hotel provided a lovely present. Thank you very much. It was very much appreciated. We would definitely recommend Den Wilhelmshof to others.

Room tip: Premium rooms are quieter and have a better view.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank russell f
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Fantastic hotel, well worth staying in over some of the crazy prices in the city centre. Front door of hotel to Stephanplatz is 10 minutes max and the underground is cheap and regular.

Hotel is very clean and the room was a good size with all the amenities required. Amazing shower as well! Staff are so polite and helpful and sorted me out with taxis, maps and storing my luggage.

Breakfast was plentiful with a host of different options with eggs, meat, pastrys, fruit etc.

Will certainly stay again next time in Vienna

Room tip: 401 is a big room with a good sized bathroom. Also looks over the garden area and gets a good breeze when window opened if required.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

I wanted a nice hotel close to the city but not blowing the budget through the roof!
I searched and searched and it seems a large variation on price and standard of accommodation.
Book the Der Wilhelmshof!!! It was so wonderful in every way! Two minutes walk to U ban & metro ( and trams etc main public transportation station Praterstern) and only 15 minutes walk in city centre if you wish.
S7 to and from airport ( easy) and aprox 4€ for two of us.
Metro U1 into city under €4 into city aprox 3 stops to Karlssplat Opera house.
The area is safe , 5 minutes to the Prater Ferris wheel which is really worth the €10 to ride ... good safe clean area with a few cute traditional restaurants in area and lovely kebab takeout etc as well as Lidli and local supermarket. Lots of bars and restaurants including Mc Donald’s in Praterstern station.
The staff are lovely and so helpful and really friendly, nothing is any trouble, the hotel is spotless and amazing organic breakfast with huge choices and long operation hours
Beautiful courtyard garden where you can chill with drinks and blankets
Stairs have interesting arts on every level
If I am lucky enough to return I would 100% book here again.
The beds were so comfy and beautiful rooms.
Happy to answer any questions

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple