All reviews no elevator shopping street metro station fantastic location single room floor supermarket city stops hallway cupboard luggage
Reviewed May 24, 2017

First of all, they took me in without a reservation and at the last minute. So I'm eternally grateful for that. Due to an accident I was forced to extend my stay in Vienna five more days and my current pension was booked full. The rooms are dormitory like. Mine had a shower but no toilet which was out in the hallway. The room faced a street and was noisy with the window open. Breakfast is available for a charge and is OK. I was there from Friday to Monday. The weekday person had breakfast ready at 8. The weekend person was incompetent and hadn't even started preparing it by 8. No yogurt. It's very continental. The pensions is situated at the Zieglerstrasse subway station and just four stops from the city center. It can be walked in 30 minutes and I did it several times. The nice staff look up a laudramat for me. Walls are thin and I heard my floor mates come home each night.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

Well, I really can't fault the location-right next to an underground station giving instant access to a brilliant transport system! The room I had was a single with ensuite shower & toilet. Everything spotlessly clean and the room small but cute & cosy. When I checked in I was helped up the stairs with my luggage (a great help after already climbing a flight of stairs to get to reception) and the keys system explained to me along with what time the street door would be locked at night.
I didn't get the breakfast but found a lovely place over the road with the most delicious open sandwiches along with English tea.
Only downside to the place is the entrance. Obviously an old building, bikes and pranks under the stairs on the ground floor which smelt a bit damp. Spiral staircases with benches on each landing which were always inhabited by smokers so made the landings a bit smelly. The reception was always locked when I went but they always answered the bell straight away.
Despite the off-putting entrance, the room was exactly what I needed, exactly where I wanted it!
They also let me leave my luggage after checking out as I wasn't leaving Vienna until late afternoon, a great help!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

The service is quite limited so the space in the breakfast room and you never know what time you can get it send I went on the first morning and found the Stroeck. Bakery and got a first class breakfast for 6 EUROS much better than the 7 EUROS at the hotel there so when the breakfast time was not opened on the second morning I did the same the room standard cheap but it's not worth the normal 45EUROS and they give only 5 percent discount tot a week's stay

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Stayed in a single room . The hotel location is super convenient , very near to a metro station and the neighborhood is very lively . The staff is very friendly and helpful . You have to climb a floor as there is no elevator , I didn't find that to be a big problem . Breakfast is reasonable for the price . I had trouble with wifi , especially at night it's very unstable .Room is small but cosy with basic amineties - TV, washbasin, cupboard etc . Overall value for money

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 12, 2016

Pension Hargita is a great budget option. While it's outside of the inner ring, there's a U station right at its door. If you love to walk like me, sites like the Hofburg Palace and opera house are a little over a 25 minute walk and Naschmarkt in around 15 minutes away. It's also about a 10 minute walk from the Westbahnhof. The street it's on, Mariahilferstrasse, can be a bit noisy in the evening but there are plenty of shops, restaurants, and grocery stores.
It was very clean and staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast consisted of cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bread, coffee, tea and juice for 5 euros. There is no elevator, but there was a small fridge on the floor I was on for guests to use.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo