All reviews neuer markt great location opera house pedestrian street crystal chandeliers rooms are huge first floor high ceilings the heart of the city old world restaurants and shops classic hotel stephens cathedral would highly recommend this hotel junior suite tea and coffee four nights
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

I write this review one my 1st day and still have 3 days to check out. Before I check-in i requested a room which is not facing the shopping area and need a quite room yet again i am given a room which has no sound proofing, I go back to the reception and ask them to change and I am told, sorry no rooms, take it or take!!
With no choice, I try to settle down, and start looking for an iron and iron board. In the 21st century almost every hotel offers this inside or if u ask they bring you one. To my surprise, its a sorry and you have to pay to get your stuff Ironed. So i called and give my stuff for ironing. After 10 mins my stuff comes back with wrinkles like the iron was not done to the staff who does not knows how to speak English, i sent again and after half hour again the same thing. Just cant do ironing. So no solution.

Now wait the misery doesn't end, I took out my charger and the plug points are 2 pin and I have 3 pin charger and when call for adaptor, they dont have as all adaptors are with other customers and the reception says sorry can't help you.

Dont have words to express my frustration. Never ever coming back to this hotel. Now I know a stereo type apology is going to come. So dont bother as its just words and nothing else!!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mubashirv2017
Reviewed October 3, 2018

The Ambassador is perfectly located at Neumarkt, close to EVERYTHING. This is an old-style 5* hotel. Entrance and lobby are on the narrow side, but there is a wonderful bar at the atrium on the 1st floor. Only it has ALWAYS been empty during our 2 nights' stay.
Our room was spacious, well equipped and even featured a balcony. HOWEVER, it took significant walking from the elevator, plus stairs from the 4th to the 5th floor.
Gym? well, I don't know as we haven't used it. Getting to our room was quite a sports effort...
Bottom line: a decent 5* hotel option in Vienna, though we've been to better ones.

Room tip: Avoid 5th floor rooms on the south building and prefer to stay in the main building
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2018

Centrally located (near the tourist spots)

Large room, very comfortable. Comfortable bed, high ceilings, spacious.

Near the Tourist information centre.

Would recommend, if within your budget.

They do not have small things like tea and coffee in the room, but is fine for a short stay.

Staff are fine, although a little grumpy (the ladies), but this seems to be a normal Viennese trait!

Parking available, but at a cost.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Glorious and elegant hotel with exceptional customer service. A very lovely bar inside the hotel. Simply amazing and also in the heart of the ring with rich history and a bustling vibe. Hoping to visit again very soon.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2018

Let me preface by saying that I am difficult to please when it comes to hospitality, I only stay at 5 star hotels in Europe and I was very impressed with this hotel.
Pro's:
*The rooms are huge (and I got the cheapest room) and very clean. It has an old school charm which some might not like but I felt like I was living in a palace. Nothing about the room felt "old" it just felt a little regal - like everything was in perfect / new condition.
*The beds and sheets were super comfortable. Thats important to me.
*Bathroom was also huge with separate room for toilet.
*My experience with the staff was always super friendly and helpful. Front desk made reservations for me, housekeeping always showed up and helped out with whatever I needed.
*Robes, slippers and all the extra little things you would want in a room were provided.
*Probably the most amazing part of this hotel is the location. Best location.
*Our room looked out onto a side street off of the main street and initially i was worried it would be loud but I seriously could not hear anything in the room when the windows were closed.

Note: I did not opt in for the breakfast. Its completely not necessary and in my opinion a little over priced. Remember, the location is amazing. There are so many amazing places to have breakfast within 1-2 blocks from the hotel. Le Bol is across the street and Joseph Brot is 1 block away. Also, there was no coffee maker in the room but again, really unnecessary considering the great places nearby.

The only real con to me is that this is a privately owned hotel and not affiliate with any hotel chains so you cant get any points for your stay. I read a review below about having to walk up a few stairs to get to your room and that's true. I would not recommend staying here if you have trouble walking up and down steps. Or at least make sure to ask them for a room right off the elevators if its an issue.

Either way, I would highly recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2018