“Not really a hotel, rather a hostel with little bit more privacy.”
Review of Arnes Hotel Vienna

Arnes Hotel Vienna
and 1 more site!
Arnes Hotel Vienna
Ranked #90 of 110 Vienna B&B and Inns
Dartmouth, Canada
“Not really a hotel, rather a hostel with little bit more privacy.”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I would not rate this place with the lowest mark, however I also know I will not return there, if I have a little bit more money than nothing to travel to Vienna. And I will make sure I have before traveling. :)
I think you get what you pay for in rather expensive city as Vienna is. So do not expect much. Our room was rather clean, towels were changed most of the time, although sometime we had to ask for that.
The building is old (beginning of 19th century), and undergoes renovation.
The carpets in the rooms are old and stinky. So you are better off if you get a smaller room with laminate floor. Each room has a fridge.There is kitchen with all the basic tools, so you can cook your own breakfast or lunch. The only thing, if you eat in your room, and you drop something on the floor, better make sure you let somebody know to clean it up, otherwise it will stay like that.
The water pressure in the shower was great, and although the shower door were hardly hanging in, it was fine (again - remember, we did not pay that much).
Prior to going to that hotel, some Vienese people suggested us to change the booking, saying that is not a good neighbourhood. Well that is neighbourhood mainly inhabited by immigrants, mainly turkish and muslim people. It was not one of the richest neighbourhoods, but certainly we never felt in danger or insecure. It was just fine. A feeling like in some town in Turkey.
The transportation with Vienna Centre was almost ideal, the tram stops in front of the door, U-bahn 2 tram stops away, taxi station is on the nearest intersection, and grocery store, as well as bakeries are just a few steps away.
I think this is a good enough place for students and low budget travelers.
I think the owners should invest a little money in each room, like, repairing/replacing shower doors, change silicon isolation in bathrooms, which were quite moldy, install at least the cheapest baseboards in the rooms, and that will make the appearances much more attractive.

Room Tip: You are better off if you get a smaller room with laminate floor. If you eat in your room, and you...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Olomouc
Reviewed 7 December 2008

During last 4 years I spent 3 or four nights in this pension. My advice to all of you guys, which were unsatisfied, is: try another hotel, For Seasons, Holiday Inn, etc. are good enough for you, for the others, I highly recommend. For such little amount of money: clean bed, hot watter, heating and really good breakfast, bicyclist friendly pension.

MN:o)

• Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Szeged
Reviewed 20 September 2008

Never try this hotel.
I was there one night.
The glass was missing on the window.
The glass also was broken on the toilette's window.
The room was not the "cleanest" one.
There were no shampoo or soap in the bathroom.

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Vienna hotels

netherlands
Reviewed 15 June 2007

We stayed there for three days and it was a terrible mistake. At the tourist office we sought for a cheap hotel with good public transport connection and there was a pension Wildenauer with reasonable cheap rooms (~72E).
The hotel was very shabby and our room was dirty with all sorts of outlived furniture, dirty drapery, broken shower stuff, broken windows, etc. It was very warm at night, alas with open windows way to noisy (tram and traffic) and we had bad sleep. It remembered me of bad hotels in africa. The worst experience was a heroine ampul found at the top of a drawer.
The only positive part was a good breakfast buffet with fresh oranges and fruit etc. And indeed a good public transport connection (in front of the hotel). We were very happy to leave...

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank djf17
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 April 2006

I was desperate for a room for one night in Vienna as the train to Prague had been cancelled. I was not this desperate.
I booked this through an information centre at Westbanhof station in Vienna and was told it was a clean pension and it was the only triple room available. What a fibber she was!
The stairway to the room was filthy and stank putrid, the room was dusty, damp and dirty. The bedding smelt and their were hairs in the bed. It was so bad I would only sleep on top of the bed with my coat underneath me and I was also fully clothed. I did not sleep a wink as trams stopped every half an hour also. I would have worn a hat and gloves if I had them as I did not want my skin to touch any part of the bed.
The furniture was so old it was virtually collapsing.
The worst thing was the toilet. I have never in my life stayed anywhere that has had crusted faeces at the bottom of the pan and the bog brush had live faeces on it. The shower which I did not use as I may pick up legionaires disease was nearly as bad.
The towel were so threadbear and dirty that I let my face and hands drip dry.
There was also mice running around. Thank god I did not see cockroaches or that would have had me sleeping in the street.
There was also strange and grubby looking men staying there and one of them I think had not had any action in a while as he was very eager for some evening company.
The only good thing I can say about this flea pit was the owner and his son who spoke fantastic English and made us very welcome.
If you stay here make sure you are fully innoculated and heavily inebriated.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member