“Average Hotel”

Ranked #45 of 361 Hotels in Vienna
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Average Hotel”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Vienna on vacation. For what you pay for, the rooms are very small and the bathroom a bit odd. The glass on the bathtub/shower doesnt extend very far and if you try to shower, you'll get water everywhere. Other than that, the service was decent. The breakfast was decent. The location was decent. The bar is very nice, that's probably the best thing about this hotel. It is not very near to many restaurants, except the Salm Brau restaurant which i believe they direct all their guests toward. It's a decent restaurant. All in all, it's not a bad hotel, just not a good value; although most of Vienna is very expensive.

Room Tip: Try to request a room away from the street. If you have to get a room on that overlooks the street...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLEEUNDERWOOD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed at the Austria Trend Savoyen Hotel in February for 5 nights with my fiance and would highly recommend it. We opted a room on the executive floor which allowed us access to the executive lounge which was open 24 hrs and served breakfast until 10.30 and then snacks throughout the day such as fresh breads and pate's and a variety of desserts. They also have a variety of juices and fizzy drinks, tea and coffee-.(no alcohol) Breakfast was fantastic with a great choice. we had the choice to have breakfast on the first floor or in the executive lounge, we chose the lounge as it was more relaxed and private. Our room was large, modern, clean and bright with a seating area and modern bathroom with both shower and bath. It had great lighting for doing make up etc. We also had a large balcony with a fab view, although in February it was a bit too cold to enjoy the balcony!! Because we chose the executive option the mini bar was free and was replenished every morning which was great. It had red & white wine, sparkling wine, bottles of heinekin, and about five 50ml wee bottles of spirits and liquors, cokes, diet cokes, redbulls, juices and a variety of water. It also had snacks such as chocolate and salted nuts which were also replenished each day. We also had a wee coffee machine in our room but didnt use it as the coffee in the executive lounge was very good. The bed was very comfy although it was two single beds pushed together not a double or king size bed.
The hotel was in a great location we thought, even though not right in city centre. We bought a 72 hr public transport pass so just hopped on the trams or underground trains to get around. They were very frequent, we never had to wait more than 3-4 mins. At night we took taxis as heels and public transport are not a good mix!! :) It cost about 6-7 euro into city centre. We also got a taxi from the airport to the hotel and this cost € 35.
The service in the hotel was first class. The staff were all so helpful and friendly and really made you feel spoiled. I would def recommend this hotel and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msmor22
Washington DC
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The good:

My room -a regular single no smoking- was large, nice and with a big window that allowed a lot of light.
The breakfast was quite varied and came included with my rate.
It is 1 minute walk to Salm-Brau, which is a restaurant-brewery that brews the best beer I tried in a long, long time and has fantastic ribs, etc. (I should review the restaurant too!)

The bad:
Location is not great, It's a 15 minute walk from the city center, when most other hotels are much closer.
Service is OK, but not super.
And what annoys me the most: In a modern hotel, called "trend", how is it possible that wi-fi in the rooms is ONLY VIA CABLE????? Archaic!!!

Anyway, the stay was good, I would pick a more centric hotel next time if I go in winter though (weather my week was -5).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Brighton
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Couldn't fault the hotel at all. Huge room and lovely bathroom. Extremely quiet so slept very well. An amazing array of food available at breakfast which kept us going most of the day. Rennweg S-Bahn Station is directly across the road - as are the tram stops. One stop on the S-Bahn connects you directly with the U-Bahn (Metro). Travelling around is extremely quick and cheap. A wonderful stay in a beautiful city, made all the more pleasurable by a superb hotel with friendly and helpful staff. We will definitely visit Vienna again and hope to stay at The Austria Trend Hotel Savoyen.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jammer70
Belgrade, Serbia
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed here for a short business trip in October last year. I appreciated the location because it's a walk distance from downtown and important sightseeing spots. Even better, it's just a few mins away from Belvedere which is a pleasure on its own. The hotel is spacious, from the lobby you're amazed but get used to it really fast. The room was pretty big, with large and comfortable bed & pillows, working area and all in all it was just perfect. I regretted I couldn't stay a bit longer. The bathroom left me speechless with its size, warm ceramics and pastel colors. Unfortunately I didn't have time to visit The Vitality Area (wellness etc.) but the colleague of mine had a great time there so I'll take his word for it this time. We spent one evening at the hotel bar and had a great time there. So if you don't have time to look around the city this is a great choice too. As I recall the hotel is renewed a few years ago and it really does look great. With an original facade (just like the whole beautiful Vienna) and nicely furnished modern rooms I believe this hotel deserves a good word for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BojanaRomic
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I reserved the hotel for the holidays. Unfortunately my daughter became ill and we were not able to travel. When I asked for either a credit or refund, the hotel did not wish to accomodate us in any way. Even when I suggested a credit to be used in 2012 they refused. Since this was the most popular time over the New Years holiday season, they would not have trouble finding others to stay at the hotel and we pay a premium for prime time.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Maryann R
London
Reviewed 16 December 2011

On some sites this is advertised as a five start hotel. Its not.
In comparison to the Hotel Continental Zurich (4 star), where we stayed before this, it wasn't a patch. The staff are not really trained well and the overall impression is of cutting corners.

That said, the place is fine, but not really pleasurable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple