“Not that good”

Zum Renner
Ranked #413 of 4,615 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$8 - US$87
Cuisines: Austrian, Gastropub
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Döbling
Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

Popped in for a meal. Friendly waiter greatedvus and sent us in to part two ofcrestaurabt. Not very friendly waiters met us. Was actually not interested in having us AS guests.
Food came quick. Tafekspitz and Schnitzel was quick services but not helpful at ordreinngangen and tast was nor worth the price. No waiter asked If it tasted Good or If We like a dessert. We wil Take coffee and dessert elsewhere and wil not recommend this place to visitors.
Maybe they have enough with locals

Reviewed August 30, 2017

If you make it to the Vienna Woods north of historic Vienna, leave time for lunch at Zum Renner. Wonderful outdoor dining location under the trees, with traditional Viennese fare. English menu available. Good for couples or families.

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Looking for a Wiener Schnitzel (veal) we ended up after some time in the Renner Biergarten. It was a sunny day, but the trees shadowed the garden wonderfuly. The Renner offers beer of brewery Andechs, Bavaria. Quite a good choice, but we wanted to go with some more local beverages. So we got some Kaiser Spritzer and Wiener Spritzer. The kids already went with alcoholfree beverages...
We ordered the Wiener Schnitzel with various salads (potato and mixed bird), a Cordon Bleu and fried dumplings with egg. Some dessert completed the menu.
The food was great in quality and quantity, as well as the drinks, but the sensation is the garden with sunny weather.
Next time again!

Reviewed June 15, 2017

I visited this place with my wife 2 years ago and was to delighted to come across it again by chance. I was not made to feel welcome. I had some food and one beer and was offered the bill. I asked for a second beer and the server who had been speaking to me in English even though I was attempting to speak in (crude) German shouted at me (in English!) to speak in German. I was then told the table was in fact reserved even though they initially said it wasn't so I left. At least 80% of seats were unoccupied when I left and several tables were empty with no reserved signs.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

Stopped here for lunch after walking down from Kahlenberg . Atmosphere was great with lovely courtyard cool and in shade. what I wanted was finished for the day but they offered alternative and said it was basically the same. ( the price difference was 2 euro more expensive in range of 20 Euro, it would have been a nice gesture to offer it at same price since they had run out of the alternative) . Deep fried breaded schnitzel was very good , but all side dishes are extra even some green salad or potato slaw ( which are usually standard with Schnitzel in Vienna . had to ask twice for the cranberry . would describe the service as minimalist