1,216 results
All reviews casual luxury ordinary room opera house great location within walking distance nespresso machine turn down service luxury hotel separate toilet state opera excellent hotel top floor rooms are large hotel restaurant breakfast was included great room three nights
Reviewed October 4, 2018

I travel to Vienna about three to four times a year. If I am not invited by some one and can choose my hotel I always stay at the RING. Nothing is spectacular there, no pool, no fancy entrance hall and just a few people working in the reception area. But everything works and his on a high modern standard, perfect beds, nice bath room, a coffee machine in the room and - what is most appreciated in hotels today - you can open a window. The location can't be beaten, opposite the Opera, next to the U-Bahn and you can reach the hotel from the airport by public transportation in 20 minutes. A friendly reception, a clean room in the afternoon when you come back and a small welcome cake. All together ist just comfortable, and thats more than you can expect from many hotels today where you pay much more.

Room tip: High floor has nice view of the Opera
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Andreas S, Leiter Front Office at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Dear Peter S,

thank you for this fantastic review here on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed a wonderful stay and that we can contribute that much to your visits to Vienna. We will share your kind words with our team and we are already looking forward to welcome you soon again here with us.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at the Ring before and wrote a glowing review, however, this time I was disappointed. The cleaner smelled of body odour which lasted in the corridor and also the room. For a 5 star this was completely unacceptable. For any Hôtel this would annoy you. The rooms (I had two doubles) were not ready at 3.30pm on the Saturday. Again really not good enough for a hotel of this standard. For me this was frustrating. There were 2 other couples in the bar both of which had the same issue. They both found it incredible that we had to wait. For me this is not relais chateau standard. Even the decor is on the boring side. In view of this experience I will not be returning. I’d also mentioned that it was my partners 50th birthday and they said they’d be a little surprise waiting but I didn’t see anything. They brought cakes on the first day to the room so in all fairness, this could have been it.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear pie42,

thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We truly regret that we could not exceed your high expecations in us and are terribly sorry that your stay was not as satisfactory as it should be. Nevertheless I would like to inform you that the first service is intended to happen between 9.00am and 4.00pm according to our service standards. Our housekeeping manager is assigning the rooms to the maids every morning, so I would like to apologize that your room was made in the back end of the given time frame. Needless to say we will put our heads together in order to increase our service level and we would be happy to welcome back to show you our improvement.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Excellent room, elegant and very clean. Friendly & helpful staff.
There us always fresh water and fruit in the lobby.
Perfect location, very close to the opera house, concert house, many restaurants, museums and attractions. Very good access to the tram and underground, although you can walk easily to almost everywhere in the center.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andreas S, Leiter Front Office at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Odelia2018,

thank you very much for taking the time and posting your review here on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a wonderful time here with us, enjoying our great location and comfortable rooms. We are already looking forward to welcome you back soon here with us at The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel and remain

with kind regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2018

If you are going to Vienna, this is the place to stay if location is important to you. It is right across from the Opera House and the pedestrian shopping area. There are numerous good restaurants nearby. The staff at this hotel is excellent and the rooms are beautiful and large.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear mlook2018,

thank you very much for taking the time and posting your review here on TripAdvisor. We are extremely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would be pleased to welcome you back soon here at The Ring, Vienna's Casual Luxury Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2018

I picked this hotel after reading the good reviews on TA, however I was not particularly impressed by the hotel. I would certainly not say it was 5 star and wish I had booked one of the nearby hotels which I have heard are better.

Don't get me wrong, this hotel was clean, the service was good and the bed comfortable but it has no atmosphere and there is just something lacking. It has no wow factor, which I expect for a 5 star.

The most people we saw in the bar at any given time was 3 and I did not see many people eating breakfast, which could be due to the extortionate price charged for same.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank braveheartscot
Andreas S, Leiter Front Office at The Ring, Relais & Chateaux, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Dear dferguson,

thank you for taking the time and leaving your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We truly regret that we could not meet your high expectations. We are a small sized boutique hotel and we do understand that our public area can not be compared with other opulent hotels around us, but we focus on personalized and individual service, trying to make everybody's stay unforgettable. Nevertheless we hope that you enjoyed a great time in the beautiful city of Vienna and we remain

with best regards,