Open today: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Unique and Fun Cooking Experience

My wife and I were on vacation in Vienna and decided to take a cooking class. Katharina was a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Steve P
Alexandria, Virginia
An excellent insight when short on time

This was truly a lovely experience, I went with my father and brother - both who have never done a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
EveryCloudhastooEat

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Vienna
from US$90.20
from US$112.20
from US$13.90
from US$109.90
More Info
All reviews spaetzle cooking class apple strudel cooking experience food culture viennese coffee learned how learning how coffee house wonderful teacher cooking course cucumber salad food tour private class spent a lovely evening signed up culinary tour
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Our family of 4 did a tour with Katharina on our trip to Vienna and it was absolutely the highlight of our visit. Katharina took us on a nice food tour and then we cooked a meal together. We look forward to our next visit!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 13, 2018

My daughter, granddaughter and I attended Cooking in Vienna with Bianca is(s)t the first day of our vacation trip to Vienna. Katharina was our teacher. She was both delightful and knowledgeable. A walking tour of a sausage stand, a coffee house experience and an open air neighborhood market added depth to our understanding of Vienna's food culture. Katharina made sure we had a hands on experience in the kitchen and her directions were easy to follow. She offered to assist us after the class with any questions we might have during the rest of our trip. We did email her with questions about tipping and how to get a taxi. It was like having a big sister to rely on.

Date of experience: February 2018
blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your expierience with us! This is exactly what we wanna be: a local host!
We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip! Best regards from Vienna, Bianca & Katharina

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

5 friends who have known each other 50+ years had the wonderful treat of a class with Katherina. Began with tour of neighborhood, tried horsemeat liver-cheese-liver and liked it! Visited typical Viennese coffee and pastry shop and learned surprising fact about that little glass water. Best was fun of cooking Beef Goulash and Spaetzli and Apple Strudel!! Thanks for a memorable evening. Well done!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank MaryBethH417
blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Dear Mary & friends, we are very happy that you enjoyed your culinary time with us in Vienna! What a great friends group! :-) best regards from Vienna, Bianca & Katharina

Reviewed February 23, 2018

I took a Curry cooking course with Banca in Linz and I can only say positive things about it!
While teaching us, Bianca showcased her deep knowledge and passion of food and its preparation. Having travelled extensively to learn about food from other cultures and being a trained cook, you can tell that she has her stuff together. The dishes we cooked were delicious and versatile, showing the different nuances of curries in the world. The positive experience was complete with a kind and fun atmosphere and a lovely decorated and presented dinner table.
Congrats for your professionalism and for passing on your love for food!

Date of experience: December 2017
blueye30, Inhaber at Cook in Vienna with Bianca Is(s)t, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2018

Thank you very much for this positive feedback! :-) Hope to see you back soon. I am heading to Vietnam now and will bring back some culinary stories to Linz :-)

Reviewed January 31, 2018

One of the best experiences we had on our trip to Austria. My wife and I are still making the recipes we learned in our class to this day!!!

Date of experience: January 2018