All reviewsbedroom apartmentthe main hotelwafflesnorthern lightsgreat apartmentwashing machinefully equipped kitchensofa bedcoffee and teacentral locationstayed for nightsno frillsfresh towelstop floorwithin easy walking distancemake your owncomfortable stay
Reviewed April 12, 2018

Apparently there are 3 Enter hotels in Tromso. This one is the farthest from in the city center but still within city center.

It was clean with very comfortable beds. Room was a bit tight, especially the bathroom. They had a weird closed area for where you can hang your clothes. I don't understand it. The listing said there's hair dryer available but you'll have to ask for it from front desk and it will not always be available. They have free waffles every 6pm.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded April 13, 2018

Dear niss828,
Thank you so much for reviewing us.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Tromsø.

Enter Viking Hotel

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Bed sheet was clearly not changed from the previous guests. There was lots of stains and other people's hair when we pulled back the duvets. When I went to the reception, the girl insisted on coming to the room to inspect this rather than taking my word for it. She offered us a change of sheets but I said I'd prefer a new room as the cleanliness of the rest of the room was questionable at this stage. She told us to acknowledge our things and come to reception where we waited for at least fifteen minutes before she handed us new keys and walked back to her desk without saying another word. Eventhough she had more than one opertunity, she didn't once apologise for this issue and made us feel like we were inconveniencing her. At the very least, one would expect a clean bed in a hotel with an average room rate of €124/1184 NOK per night. Otherwise the rooms are standard, nothing special.

Shame about the poor customer service and negligent cleaning staff. As it was our last night in Norway, it was a disappointing end to our trip. The Enter City Hotel have far nicer and cleaner rooms for a similar price. Give this place a miss.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aisling O
Management response:Responded March 15, 2018

Dear Aisling O,
First of all, I want to thank you for taking your time to write this review. Both negative and positive reviews help us to improve.
Personally I cannot express how sorry I am that you experienced this issue with your room. I've looked into this with my staff and personally talked to the receptionist you encountered.
The bed sheets had been changed from the previous guests, but unfortunately there was some stains on your sheet. For this I only apologize.

Our receptionists offered to inspect your room. We gave you an offer to either change rooms or change the bed sheets. Our receptionist apologized and gave you a new room. We have taken this issue up with our housekeepers staff to see that this mistake does not repeat itself.

We are truly sorry about this and would like to offer you a cheaper discount if you return to Tromsø.
Nils Kristian

Reviewed March 7, 2018

There is little to recommend the apartments attached to this hotel. The only good feature is the location that is central and within easy walking distance of the town. The reception staff were not at all helpful. The appartments are located up a steep hill that has not been cleared of snow. The rooms are tiny and it is impossible to enter the bed except over the end as there is no space beside the bed. There are no ensuite facilities and the bathroom ant toilet are at the opposite end of the apartment to the bedrooms. The toilet and shower are in the same room meaning that if one person is showering the toilet is unavailable. There is a washing machine in the bathroom but no means of drying clothes which when it is -15 degrees centigrade there is little use for the machine.
The kitchen is perfectly adequate although there is no dining area and meals have to be eaten off you lap sitting on the sofas. The dishwasher was shut off when we arrived and there were no instructions for any of the appliances available.
There are many better and I doubt any worse places to stay in Tromso.
I would strongly suggest that you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: It is impossible there are no good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded March 15, 2018

Dear OldmanPaul,
It's standard for Norwegian household and apartments that the toilet and shower is in the same room. Our guests who do not have a dryer in their apartment are always welcome to use our hotels dryers free of charge. We are sorry you didn't feel you had enough instructions to use the different utilites in the apartment. We will look into this to make our future guests stay more convinient.

Nils Kristian

Reviewed February 11, 2018

I stayed here in January single room quite small but very comfortable lots of hot water
very comfortable bed a tv . lacked storage space for clothing but I managed.
Tea and coffee available 24/7 in reception and close to town centre shopping centre and bus stop back to airport(. buses every 20 mins)
There is also A lift to all floors

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor at the front giving excellent views of the mountains opposite
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Management response:Responded February 26, 2018

Thank you for staying and reviewing us! Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

This hotel offer me and my friends a warm and comfortable hospitality. Well decoration, good style. Staff is friendly and helpful with many advise. Thank to Mr.. Tunuf, who assisted us very well with the luggages. I definetly come back if have chance

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded February 26, 2018

Thank you for staying and reviewing us! Hope to see you back soon.