All reviews rooms are small free wifi no frills northern lights heated floors would stay here again short walk sister hotel clean towels late check loved this hotel recommend staying here the main street hotel is centrally located reception area short stay the location is perfect
Reviewed February 10, 2015

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel Xpress from 04.02 - 09.02 and I LOVED IT !!! if you are in tromso and choose another hotel you already start your lappland experience wrong ;)

the staff is amazing, it's a brand new hotel, great interior and very cool area to chill around the entrance bar area.

Alexander, Helene, Matias and Irene were great and helpful all the time. Made new friends in my life and felt home from the beginning.

You have free internet access and the hotel is based at a perfect place directly in the city centre.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. miss you guys, will be back soon for sure.

Dimi, 28 from Zurich Switzerland

Room tip: my room was great, warm and good wifi connection. new and clean, doesn't matter what room you will book I am sure it will be the same, cheers
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Dimi N
Mattias S, Hotelldirektör at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2015

Dimi,

This review gives me goosebumps. Honestly.
Most of our review here at tripadvisor are good reviews, I and the rest of our crew are humbled for that. We are working hard on a daily basis and with a pure love to service to get all our guests as satisfied as you are. You are a part of the Xpress family - and we can't wait to see you here again.

Reviewed February 8, 2015

We had a great stay in this hotel. Nice decoration, situated in the city centre, great view over the city. If you are booking this hotel than please keep in mind that the rooms are not cleaned during your stay and there is no breakfast area. Nevertheless this didn't bother us at all. Only minor point is the bed which is too soft.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davyaenspeck
Mattias S, Hotelldirektör at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2015

Dear Davy,

Thanks for staying with us and leaving this great review.

It seems like you have been satisfied with your stay at our brand new hotel. That's the most important. We work hard on a daily basis to improve our service and concept. Regarding to the concept we do clean the rooms every foruth day, and if you want it more often we do it everyday for a small ammount. This is cause we care about the enviroment and think it is time to let you as a guest decide what to pay for, and what to not pay for.

Hope to see you hear again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2015

The Check-in Process is nice and simple as well as the check-out. The staff is very friendly and tried to help us as much as they could. During the stay, the staff and manager were always helpful in giving information and making the stay in Tromso as comfortable as possible.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Yazola

Dear Yazola,

Thanks for this review and for staying with us @ Xpress.

Our crew is the most important we have, so I am so happy to hear that you where satisfied with them and our hotel overall.

Hope to see you here again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed February 4, 2015

I was looking forward to writing this review because I had such a brilliant time from start to finish. Norwegians are very cool people and the ultra-friendly staff at the Xpress are no exception. I spent 6 nights here and a lot of time in the 24 hour bar/reception lounge processing my photographs of the Northern Lights and stunning fjords so I got to know them well. This is a busy place because its reputation is well known but no matter how crazy it got, they always stayed calm and pleasant and made me feel part of the family – even when Tromso had a city-wide power failure and guests had no idea what was happening.
The place is casual but professional and just great fun. My twin room was generous and typical of most European hotels. Actually, I'm writing this from the 5 star Radisson Blu in Cardiff (which is twice the price) and this room is actually smaller so you can disregard comments about the rooms being small from guests used to American hotels.
One thing to note: the rooms are only made up every 4th day and while I think that’s perfectly adequate, perhaps a broom in the room (the hotel has floating wooden floors) would help if you come in with muddy boots as I did one day. There’s no electric jug in the rooms but you can buy tea or coffee (or beer or juice) any time of day or night or you can just ask for a glass of boiling water if you have your own teabags.
Anyway, I strongly recommend this place. Great location, great staff and great atmosphere.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Craig K
Mattias S, Hotelldirektör at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2015

Craig,

It was a real plesaure to have you at our hotel, and in our beloved city.

We are going to miss you and your mac in our lobby, the review you have been leaving to us is really good to have, we are working hard on a daily basis to impress at our guest and make their journey as good as it can be.

Hopefully we will have you hear, soon, again.

Reviewed February 4, 2015

Stayed for 5 nights in this almost sound-proof hotel! Really nice to be able to sleep in after aurora hunting until late. Not even seagull yells came thru the window. We loved details like carpet messages and the cozy lobby. Very competent staff, not least during the power cut where the two receptionists met us at the entrance, stayed calm and professional, gave good information, saw to emergency lights and helped create a cozy atmosphere in spite of critical situation. Economic, clean and close to everything. Only small point of criticism was the seemingly inadjustable room temperature. All in all really good value for money!

Room tip: The higher up, the better view.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eva H
Mattias S, Hotelldirektör at Comfort Hotel Xpress Tromso, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Dear Eva,

Thanks for this great review, and for staying with us.

We might be sound-proof, that's good, but we also love the things going around outside our walls, and hopefully our crew shared their extensive knowledge about the town so you trip was as good as it can be, I really hope so.

Regarding to the electricity problem in Tromso this time, the most important for us is you safety and that you are feeling well taken care of, I am glad that the crew solved this in an allmost perfect way.

Hope to see you here again soon.