“Best value for money in Tromso”
Review of Mathallen

Mathallen
Ranked #4 of 135 Restaurants in Tromso
Price range: US$29 - US$117
Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Specialist in food from the arctic climate. One part restaurant, open for lunch during daytime and dinner in evenings. Other part delicatessen open during the day, with local fish and meat. Best food souvenirs from the Arctic climate.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in Tromso 4 days , I visit 8 restaurant, this was best value for money. I will not write that it was cheap (because in Norway everything is expensive) but from all restaurant I visited it was best value for money. I eaten their in the first day. I was so satisfied that I thought to back next day. Every dish was so fresh , so light , so delicious that I was happy when I paid my bill. It does not happen often. If you visit Tromso you need to visit this place .

1  Thank 82michalr

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Experienced an exceptional four course meal with excellent service. Each course was beautifully presented and described by our attentive waitress. We chose our wine by the glass from a comprehensive wine list. We enjoyed it very much!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To start with one of the best herring in long time, a suitable aquavit and beer to enjoy this dish at perfection. Next was a butter fried halibut with flavors of fennel, leek, celery and served with potato and hollandaise foam it’s the tenderloin of the see served like this. What part of the reindeer that landed on my plate I don’t now but one of the best pieces of meet no doubt. We rounded off with some chees and wine a perfect start in the evening a must when visit Tromso, some hours later we secured all the bars nearby but that is a another story.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

Tasteful meals, we discovered a way to cook herrings as we never taste them before ! Lutefisk was delicious.
Decoration is nice with an opened kitchen showing us that cooking is an Art ! Nice waiter. A bit expensive but worth it.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Great food, friendly staff and a relaxed atmosphere. Excellent price for lunchtime specials when available.

Date of visit: October 2018