“The best pizza in Tromsø. ”
Review of pizzeria allegro

pizzeria allegro
Ranked #69 of 134 Restaurants in Tromso
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

Absolutely the best pizza in Tromsø. It's made by a wood oven, and you can see the pizza while they are making it! And they are not so expensive as the rest of the pizza places.

Reviewed September 30, 2014

Me and my bf have eaten at this pizzeria a few times this last year (both the restaurant in Turistvegen and newly opened pizzeria @ Pyramiden) and we have different appreciations of it so I guess it's an acquired taste. I was never a fan of Dolly Dimple's, which IMO is a similar style.

The pizza is OK, service so-so (they don't always seem to follow the first come-first-served principle, and the last time we visited all the cutlery was in the dish-washer), and the atmosphere very varied depending on if you eat at the restaurant (cosy setting with a wooden smell to go along) or Pyramiden (busy, but still dark interior adding to the Italian theme).

The bun to me is more of a mix between Italian & American than Italian. It's different than all the (many) other pizza places in town so they are appreciated, but I just don't think the price and quality match each other.

The let-down is that there is no explosion of flavors in my mouth, and for the price of NOK 325 (for 2) that's what I expect. Hopefully I will be able to find a pizza on their menu soon that will change my mind..

1  Thank LouiseHenkel
Reviewed September 27, 2014

Low-key simple place, real wood fired pizza and was enjoyable with quality ingredients. We shared a medium pizza and had plenty to eat between the two of us -- probably one of the most cost effective ways to eat out around this area

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had heard a bit about Allegro before we went, but as we were just stopping by to get our takeaway pizza I haven't sat in- resturant. But, ordering the pizza was fine, the guy on the phone spoke very unclearly, but we got our food within 30 mins. ready to go. Tho the pizza was a little bit cold, the flavors were great, and it was very good!

The atmosphere in the resturant was very nice, I just popped in to pay and pick up, but you could smell the wood burning in the oven, and it felt very much like a small italian pizzeria with a low key and chill setting. I've heard the lasagne is great, so next time, I'll definitely try that!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This past summer was our first visit to Pizzeria Allegro. We have always loved Yonas Pizza, but wanted to try something different. We LOVED the pizza that we had at this quaint, family run restaurant. We will definitely return next time!! :)