All reviews top floor main road subway station conference hotel city centre nice hotel brown cheese check in was quick hotel is situated flat screen tv room price definitely stay here again t bane nice room minutes walking business trip room facing
Reviewed April 28, 2015

Hotel is situated outside city center and you really need a car. Parking was free and ample so no problem. Room was ok and my room faced away from the road so it was quiet even when I had the window open. Elevators are very slow and dark inside.. a bit creepy. Breakfast was good with a great choice. Bar and Restaurant on the 9th floor has a nice view. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Sweedie55
Henrik S, General Manager at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2015

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad you find our staff service minded!

Metro nr. 5 take 10 minutes from Oslo center to Risløkka station. From Risløkka station it is a 5 minutes walk. So it’s a total of 15 minutes without car from city center.

We have had trouble with our elevators, with your comment about dark elevator I think you used our personal elevator. We have opened this to increase our elevator capacity. From tomorrow we have our ordinary elevators up and running.

I’m glad you find our food and beverage department satisfying.

Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

When arriving at the hotel, the staff is pleasant and helpful and there were no problems. The room, however was a more disappointing experience. First of all, the window was facing a very trafficked road, and even with the window closed, there is a lot of noise.

Only one elevator works, so you can either wait or use the stairs. Luckily the stairs are wide and does not feel crowded.

The room smelled funky, almost like someone poured a bottle of red wine in the carpet. Lastly, the door to the bathroom was a glass sliding door with a huge gap from the wall. No privacy at all.

The breakfast was decent, but there was no bacon. Disappointed! The juice was watered down to undrinkable stage and the scrambled eggs were slimy and undercooked.

It's a decent stay for your money, but look around for other hotels in the same price range.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad our staff made a good impression.

I’m sorry your stay didn’t live up to your expectations, this is not the feeling we want our guests to leave with. We try to keep our hotel up to date and I would appreciate if you send me the room number you lived in, so we can fix the problems.

Our elevators are under service and we are waiting for parts from Germany to fix it. One of the broken elevators will be up and running tomorrow. Pleas send me your room number at Henrik.stahl@choice.no.

Again thanks for your feedback, we take it very seriously and I will follow up the topics you mention.

Reviewed April 26, 2015 via mobile

We had to change room because our first room had a window which didnt close and our sink was clogged.

After we got our new room, the A/C unit did not work. Only 1 out of 4 elevators worked too which was often packed too.

It was a decent hotel, need some refurbishment.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I’m sorry your stay didn’t live up to your expectations, this is not the feeling we want our guests to leave with. The way you describe your stay is not representative for our product.

Our elevators are under service and we are waiting for parts from Germany to fix it. We try to keep our hotel up to date and I would appreciate if you send me the room number you lived in, so we can fix the problems. Pleas send me at Henrik.stahl@choice.no.

We take your remarks very seriously and I will follow up the topics you mention.

Reviewed April 23, 2015 via mobile

I stayed twice in a week at this hotel which is close to a major customer but has nothing else's to recommend it.

In the first room the window would not close so traffic noise was a problem, in both rooms the heating could not be reduced. Adding to my woes the ironing board collapsed on my foot. Lastly the elevators had a mind of their own - that is the ones which were working at all.

This building is in dire need of renovation but still charges full price. It is not typical of Choice hotels in Scandinavia and should be avoided until they fix it.

The final insult? Naturally the Orange juice machine was empty at breakfast and the coffee machine was not working at all. However, a hotel in Norway that does not offer pickled herring at the breakfast buffet. Words fail me

Trip type: Travelled on business
Henrik S, Daglig leder at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2015

Hope to see you back!

Reviewed March 24, 2015

The hotel has seems nice when first visiting it. The staff very helpful at the conference part of the hotel, but at the reseption it seems to vary by who you meet at the desk. The rooms are small and cosy. But there is alot of traffic noice if you have a room facing the road. The restaurant at the to is a bit fancy, but great tastes. The hotel would have gotten a 3 from me if I hadn't been for the cleaning staff stealing the card I had to electrify the room.

Room tip: Get at room away from the road.
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Ole M
Henrik S, General Manager at Quality Hotel 33, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I´m glad the majority of your experiences at our hotel were positive. Regarding your card a response has been sent you by mail.