1,826 results
All reviews kate moss light dinner central station upstairs lounge evening buffet clarion collection afternoon snack free dinner fantastic breakfast included in the price top floor hotel breakfast superior room free coffee an expensive city the hotel offers breakfast is served
Reviewed August 21, 2015 via mobile

Excellent location close to the train station. Front office staff incredibly helpful re my lost luggage situation great room and huge breakfast
Simple dinners welcome after day of touring
Would recommend highly

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Getaway41722
Reviewed August 19, 2015

I have staid at many hotels in Oslo during my business trips to Norway. Of all the hotels in this area this one stands out. Location. location, location is key essential but the atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxed and welcoming. The rooms are not the biggest one but they room all you need, clean, good shower, quiet. The rooms are a little bit dark so after the morning shave it needs an extra check in the mirror. The staff was very welcoming and when I needed to extend my stay and make changes to my booking it was done with a smile.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2015

We stayed three nights in two rooms (one superior and one standard). Nothing to comply with (however, there was no in-room safe, which can be useful in order to avoid bringing everything with oneself). The standard room is basically intended for light-luggage businessmen. The furnishing of the much more spacious superior room was fine. Both rooms were very quiet, facing an inner court. Bathrooms were functional (the superior room offering a separate, French-style WC closet); however, toiletries were not so great (liquid soap dispensers everywhere). The staff was friendly and efficient. The breakfast (included in the rooms’ rates) was excellent both in quality and variety. It was served in a spacious but quite dark room. As usual with this hotel chain, a light snack and a light meal are offered on the top floor. The hotel ‘s location is very convenient for travelers coming with train/plane . It should be said that the area is not one of the most beautiful of Oslo, displaying the usual inconveniences of all major railway station areas. However, the hotel’s entrance is particularly safe being inside the Folketheateret covered passage. There are some good restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank PMEIA
Reviewed August 16, 2015

We had requested a quiet room. At midnight, we were woken by very, very loud music coming from from precinct below our room. On phoning reception, we were informed it would continue until 3am and that either we could be could be provided with ear plugs or possibly a different room. So, we packed and went to another room - even noisier. Finally we were given a suite in a different part of hotel. All in all, not a very good night's sleep although to give the hotel some credit, the receptionist did try to sort out the problem. It would be better, though, if the hotel was upfront about the noise level - maybe adjusting the cost of some rooms accordingly.

Stayed: August 2015
Reviewed August 13, 2015

I wanted a hotel that was interesting, utilised Scandinavian design and was easy to get to and from the train station. This ticked the boxes and it was a good choice.

First, there are hotels closer to the train station. But not by much. It was an easy walk even though my party had an incredible lot of suitcases, duffles, backpacks and bags!

It was worth it because this hotel is just so durn funky. Great artistic touches everywhere. Minimalist decor in the rooms (small, but perfectly adequate, with plenty of storage for stuff). Quiet enough, at least for us as we had a back facing room. Our friends on the street front found it was more noisy. It was also worth it for the supper offerings. After spending five days eating at classy and expensive restaurants in Stockholm, we found the simple buffet (included here as part of your tariff) to be exactly what we felt like eating PLUS it was easy on the pocket.

My only disappointment was that I didn't realise it is next to a live theatre. If I had known I would have checked performances and perhaps treated myself to an evening out. Mary Poppins was playing and it would have been fun.

Also note that if you arrive by taxi, you will be dropped off near the theatre. You have to walk through the mall (just the theatre and a couple restaurants/bars) to get to the hotel on the opposite side of the mall.

Room Tip: If you want to open windows for fresh air rooms on street side are noisy. Rooms on interior look out over air-conditioning units.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends