“Average but nicely situated.”

Tjuvholmen Sjomagasin
Ranked #113 of 1,651 Restaurants in Oslo
Price range: US$18 - US$46
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sjomagasinet is a big seafood concept on the waterfront at Tjuvholmen. Tjuvholmen Sjomagasin consists of a restaurant, a seafood bar, a fish shop and a knowledge centre regarding fish, seafood and suitable wines. The food is prepared in an innovative an nontraditional way, and the chefs use a charcoal grill to give the food finesse and a slightly caramelised taste.
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Very nice, modern and clean interior, situated in a new part of town next to the sea. We had the seafood in 2 servings cold/hot. The cold was excellent with fresh and tasty seafood. The hot was less tasty with the lobster being very dry as if he was coocked long in advance in stead of being juicy. At these prices it was a bit of a disappointment. Winelist is excellent. The staff was very friendly and proactive.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the front desk of my hotel. It was a little expensive but the taster menu was delicious. Great ambiance and wonderfully fresh tasty food.

Reviewed February 21, 2018

I had made a reservation at Tjuvholmen Sjomagasin based on the TA reviews. But when we got to The Thief hotel, we asked about restaurants and this was the first one they recommended. It is literally a two minute walk from the hotel, so very convenient, but I would have walked a lot further for the meal we had.

The wine list is great - lots of choices from all over the world. A French chardonnay went very well with the fish! There are a lot of gluten free options and they have terrific GF bread. I started with Norwegian oysters. They were large and very flavorful. I had the Char, which was very good, but my husband had the Monk Fish special, which was WOW! That was definitely one of the best tasting fish dishes I have ever had (he gave me 1 bite!). We finished with lime sorbet which was refreshing and delicious.

The staff were, like everywhere we went in Norway, very friendly, helpful, and committed to making sure that we enjoy whatever it was we were doing or eating. There was a large group at the table next to us, but it was still relatively quiet and we could hear each other talk.

I highly recommend Tjuvholmen Sjomagasin if you find yourself in Oslo. We were there when it was snowing, but if you go in the summer, I would allow for at least an hour to walk around and enjoy the waterfront and all the shops and art in the area.

Billy H, Daglig leder at Tjuvholmen Sjomagasin, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2018

Hi!
Thanks for nice words.
You are welcome back.

Best regards
Billy Hjelte

Reviewed January 22, 2018

We had a late lunch here on Saturday afternoon. The restaurant was quite empty, dinner guests started to arrive by the time we left. Nevertheless we got top service and food. I chose the 3-course lunch menu of the day, which had fish for starter and main course (it's a fish and seafood restaurant, after all). I am terrible with the names of the different fish, so I can just say that everything was very tasty and well presented. We found the prices reasonable for the quality and service we got.

Reviewed January 11, 2018

To big and few people dining here.Skip this if you not like to be alone. Good food and location but sellen full with dining people