New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Forget about someone is cleaning your room every week,this is false” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Akers Have Apartments

Akers Have Apartments
Ranked #14 of 34 Speciality Lodging in Oslo
Oslo, Norway
“Forget about someone is cleaning your room every week,this is false”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Forget about someone is cleaning your room every week,this is false.
Even is included (weekly cleaning) no one came to do it and even repeated request..
The studio is a lottery , can be in wherever floor

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank navias00

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

The entrance is quite shabby - its also the entrance is also for some regular non serviced apartments. The reception looks very makeshift, and there was landscaping and other works going on which made it a very awkward start. But the room itself is very good, new, and location was convenient. Lots of features, including free wifi

• Stayed August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Fancied a mini-break in Oslo with myself and my three babies (twins aged 2 and an 8 year old) and was discouraged by the sky high accommodation prices in Oslo.

Akers Have to the rescue! Emailed reception asking if they could accommodate us, and they agreed, providing an extra sheet/blanket so that my kids could use the comfy double bed and I could sleep on the very comfy sofa.

THUS the Akers Have by my reckoning turns out to be cheaper than four *hostel* beds (and I'm not even sure hostels could have accommodated us!). For that you get a clean apartment with modern appliances (refrigerator, washer, dishwasher, oven+hob) plus a flat screen tellie. My apartment had two balconies, which my twins (despite my best efforts) delighted in chucking their toys off of.

There is free wireless internet. I found the signal weak in my room, but I may have been doing something wrong. But it worked.

So I was very pleased! The check-in went smoothly and was friendly, although I'd advise anyone staying to notify the staff of your expected arrival time in advance so that someone is there (the reception is not 24 hours). The location is good, just around the corner from a bus/tram stop and a park along a stream. It's about 15 minutes walk to the rail station. There is a Rimi supermarket about 30 seconds walk from the apartment complex exit.

Akers Have as my choice of accommodation really enhanced my stay in Oslo. I would highly recommend Akers Have and should I return to Oslo, this is definitely where I will stay.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank zmrzlina
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2011

Having booked an impulsive trip to Oslo when we saw some cheap flights going online, we were shocked when we later looked for accomodation online. Even hostels and budgets hotels were charging more than we had budgeted for. We stumbled across Akers Have Apartments on Trip Advisor, and decided to book them instead, if I recall correctly we paid around £200 for the two night stay (not uncommon for Oslo).

The apartments were a short walk from the city centre, we got lost a couple of times but once we found our bearings it was possible to walk from the central bus station to the apartments in 10-15 minutes. The location of the apartments is nice, and close to a lovely botanical garden. There are also shops and bars nearby, with a restaurant and bar across the road, and a supermarket on the corner (good for avoiding Oslo's astronomical food prices).

The apartment we stayed in was very clean, modern and stylish. It was well equipped with everything you could want for your stay, and more. The kitchen was stocked with all necessary pots and pans, plates and glasses etc, towels and bedding were also provided. The floor to ceiling windows were a nice suprise, and we couldn't believe we had found such a nice apartment for the same money that some mediocre hotels were asking.

The beds were very comfortable, and the apartment also had two balconies, one to the front and one to the rear. It was very quiet too.

These apartments are highly recommended, and we would stay again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Cambridge U.K.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

Not far from Oslo Central, good transport connections, well appointed apartments, supermarket at the corner, friendly management.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business