All reviews national gallery breakfast and evening meal free buffet nice hotel superior room buffet style nice breakfast top floor the main street karl johans gate cold cuts quiet room salmon aker brygge expensive city royal palace city centre
Reviewed June 12, 2017

The hotel is situated very centrally in Oslo near Karl-Johan but also in the nightlife traffic and near a tram. The hotel had a great breakfast but not so good cleaning. We ordered a bottle of champagne but the bottle stood warm in the room without cooling.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Savoy H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Hello and good afternoon,

Thank you for taking time to give us a reply regarding your stay at our hotel.
Our location is in the heart of Oslo so some noise we unfortunately have to except.
Normally, when you order a champagne you will receive glasses and ice cooler as well and I have to apologize for this. Anyway I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to us. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly next time.

Best regards,
Front Office Manager, Ingeborg.

Reviewed June 8, 2017

The very central location makes this hotel a favorite place to stay. The reception was super friendly and helpful, luckily we got a room facing the backyard - no view - but quiet! The rooms are very small. They provide a buffet style light supper and a very good breakfast.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the backyard. The front is noisy because of the tram and the current road work
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Guro Ø, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2017

Thank you for the lovely review! I look forward to sharing it with my team.
We hope to see you again sometime soon!

All the best,

Guro Øsmundset,
General Manager.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

My 15-year-old son and I had a marvelous time at this swanky yet cozy hotel which is walking distance from Oslo Central Station and offers TWO meals and a snack included in room cost!
This is a fantastic bargain for a city that can be expensive to dine in. We got to the upper lounge area just in time to enjoy self-serve waffles, coffee, juice and tea in early afternoon and at around 5pm later they served dinner which included roasted chicken and potatoes, salad, soups, pasta, hard-boiled eggs, fresh rolls and more.
I spent a great deal of time researching all hotels in Oslo and am so so happy with our choice. It was especially important that we be within walking distance of the train station as we needed to get to the station very early the next morning to go on the Norway-in-a-Nutshell tour (We did the one where you travel all day by train and Fjord ferry and return from Bergen by overnight train). Not only was check out in the morning speedy, they also gave us breakfast-to-go (rolls, cheese, fruit, yogurt and water). And --I also asked them if they could store our luggage until we got back the next morning from the tour and they said , "Sure. No problem!!" This kindness and extra help allowed us to enjoy the NIN tour and the following day of enjoying Oslo without having to lug around our luggage. I can't express enough how fabulous the whole staff was at this hotel. When we came to pick up our bags, we wanted to take a bus back to the ferry port and a lovely woman at the desk walked us outside and made sure we were standing on the correct side of the street for the bus. They went above and beyond to make our stay in Oslo wonderful. We would happily stay there again and we heartily recommend you book a room there when in Oslo.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Savoy H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2017

Wow! what a fantastic review of your stay in Oslo and at our hotel!
Our mission is to make our guests feel special and this is an perfect example which I will forward to my colleagues. I really hope you visit Oslo soon! Have a wonderful weekend,

Reviewed May 25, 2017

Had a four day stay at Savoy. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a superior-room which was good, and very large with a huge bathroom. Room was located on 5th floor, and were cleaner than I'd expected after reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were promised a quiet room facing the backyard, however it was facing the tramlines and though the windows were quite new there was a heck of a lot of noise from the street. Our experience would be better than average if it was possible to get a quiet room Breakfast was good, not very varied, but nicely presented and of good taste. Helpings was a bit difficult as the buffet is cramped.

Room Tip: Room facing inner courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for taking time to give our feedback regarding your stay.
I am glad too read your appreciating for free upgrade but unfortunately the room didn`t faced the backyard. Our reception will always try their best to change room if our guests want`s room with bath tub instead of shower, room facing the street not backyard or another room category. I hope we get the chance to see you again and do not hesitate to send us an email before arrival.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

We stayed at this hotel for three nights recently. Difficult to fault room (although we did have an inside courtyard superior room so were not affected by traffic noise). Staff, breakfast and evening meal (a real bonus here) and location.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I hope we get the chance to welcome you back to us.
Have a nice day,