All reviews national gallery breakfast and evening meal free buffet nice hotel superior room the main street buffet style nice breakfast top floor karl johans gate cold cuts quiet room salmon expensive city aker brygge royal palace city centre
Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for bussiness. Hotel is very conveniently located, close to the train and metro, National theatre and next door to the National gallery. Room was very nice and clean, with fast and free wifi. Breakfast buffet was great, hotel also offers free food in the evening. Staff are very friendly. Would come back here again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Savoy H, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

hi,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay. You summed up most of our unique selling point and we are glad you enjoyed Oslo and Savoy.
Welcome back!

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Check in was farily quick and informative. Happy to get my requested room at higher floors. Elevator is the smallest ive seen and the specs claims it can lift up to four people. Well...no bags and no people enjoying calories that is. Room was tiny also. 15sqm they claim, must be including bathroom. Hotels.com stated waterboiler and tea/coffee was included, but receptionist said they only had it in the superior rooms. OK, i claimed they should change their specs, but receptionist didnt seem to care much about it. Too bad for the hotel, cause as a former Choice employee, i KNOW thats not the level they want to serve the guests.

Room was clean and felt like home as soon i got used to the size. Breakfast was very good, fast and good serivce there! Location of the hotel is great and its amazingly quiet to be in the middle of the city!

Room Tip: Rom towards backyard was very quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas O

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your trip did not meet your expectations.
We have different categories of rooms to choose from if you found the standard room to small for you, even though it is a standard Norwegian size.
Regarding the staff we will forward this to whom it may concern. Thank you once again and I hope we will see you again.

Reviewed November 7, 2017

very nice located hotel
- perfect breakfasts
- evening meal included (even if not really special meals, good to have such option "for free")
- excellent (professional but also with natural approach) personnel in the restaurant and reception

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Guro Ø, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely feedback! It makes me happy to read that you enjoyed both the included breakfast and the evening meal, and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back sometime in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed November 5, 2017

I have been staying in the hotel for 2 years on the business trips and unfortunately l see that the service is getting worse and worse. Staff could learn from other hotels how to handle the guests. Evening meal included in price is no eatable and the cleaning could be done in the better way. Some rooms doesn't have the upper light and with not enough number of lamps they are quite dark. Especially in winter time. So lately it seems not to be the best value for money. In general besides all those minuses it's nice hotel to stay. Extremely good breakfast,good location.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
1  Thank Paulina Ż

Guro.Osmundset@choice.no

All the best,

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Their booking system is so flawed it is almost difficult to understand how they could run this place. I can't tell you all about the troubles we had, but I'll give you a few hints; I arranged a trip for a few friends and booked one superior room for two nights, one superior for one night, one triple room for one night and last, one standard double for one night. A total of four rooms, three of them for the second night only that I had the first room. We were 10 people, friends and colleagues, that was supposed to go to the city for a get away. Our reservation confirmation clearly stated that the rooms would be paid for, in the manner we chose, upon arrival.

First, two of my colleagues had to cancel on Thursday (they had one of the one night rooms on Saturday). So I made sure that was in order. Or so I thought. I got the confirmation from the cancelled order for the standard room right after I put it in, but when I arrived at the hotel on Friday, they didn't know anything about the cancellation. I had to show them the e-mail I had, and they still told me they would have to look into it, they clearly didn't know what to do about it, and instead of just telling me they would fix it, I had to wait until the next day to find out it was in order. And only after I had stressed them about it.

My superior room, the one I kept for two nights, was occupied by me and a friend the first night, but the second night she had to go home, and another friend replaced her. I told the hotel about this in an e-mail a couple of weeks before arrival, and asked specifically that we would have our sheets changed after the first night, so that the second friend didn't have to sleep in dirty sheets. They told me this wasn't going to be a problem, and it shouldn't have been. Well, it was. I left the room at about 12.30 p.m., and hung out the "Please clean my room"-hanger on the door. When I came back at about 6 in the evening, no one had been there to do anything. My room wasn't cleaned at all. I called front desk and were told that I (!) had to understand that all of the cleaning staff had gone home for the night a long time ago... She actually asked me what I wanted her to do (in quite a rude manner)! I told her, calmly, that when I stay at a hotel, and especially in a Superior room I expect to get new towels, garbage taken out, new wine glasses, and since I specified it; new sheets. I got no apology for the inconvenience, at all, she simply told me she would look into it and see what she could do at this hour. I replied that I expected her to fix it and thanked her. A few minutes later a Polish woman turned up at our door, she couldn't speak either Norwegian or English, and hadn't gotten the message about changing the beds. So she gave us new towels, and took out the garbage, but we had to use our imagination and "sign language" to get her to actual change the bed, and not just make it. She huffed and puffed at the extra job...

This whole ordeal actually set us back quite some time, and what was supposed to be a fun start to the evening with the girls turned into a stressful situation where we almost didn't have time to eat before the show we had booked in the evening. All because the hotel wasn't capable of doing what they were supposed to...

We went out, and by the time we got back to the hotel, at about 3 a.m., I realised that the hotel had charged the card I put in for security upon reservation several months before arrival. I had not authorized this. In fact, I had authorized a completely different card when I arrived in my two nights room, and the other rooms were authorized to be paid for by one of the girls staying in each of them. I went straight down to front desk again, but the clerk couldn't explain it. Other than it was procedure for them to withhold money from the original card put in at reservation on the morning of arrival. First of all, this didn't make any sense, since my reservation clearly stated otherwise, as previously mentioned, and second of all, I hadn't authorized this withdrawal, so they actually broke Norwegian laws. Another strange thing is that one of the two rooms they charged my card for is the same one I stayed in from the night before. I had already paid for that with my other card. When I insisted they reverse these unnecessary and illegal transactions, they immediately told me they couldn't (!). At this point I had about enough of their incompetence. I was still calm, but told the clerk in a firm way that if she couldn't help me I expected someone above her to fix this before morning.

Well, they hadn't. I had to talk to three different clerks before I met one that took my problem seriously and confirmed that the cards we had authorized upon each of our arrival were to be charged, and that the amount they had taken without authorization from my second card were to be reversed to my account. Well, it took them several days to get this done. So for a total of six days they held about $400 illegally from my account.

I talked to about four or five different people behind the front desk during my stay, and only one of them actually apologized for the inconvenience I experienced. And that was after I pointed it out, that no one had said they were sorry.... The staff seemed calm and nice enough, especially the guy that was there when I arrived in Friday, but the system they are working in is a tragedy, bith for them and for their guests. It seems it completely ruins there ability to help their guests. I also overheard a conversation at breakfast, where six people had reserved three rooms, but when they arrived the hotel had charged them for six rooms.... I don't know where the flaws in their system is, but clearly they need to fix it.

It is too bad too, cause the room was spacious and beautiful (except for the shower, that was full of stains on the tiles), and we had everything we needed there. It is also a giant plus that they offer not only breakfast, but also an evening meal. I had some of it bith nights and lived it.

The hotel is located in a central spot, and therefore has no on site parking. But the location makes it easy to get around using public transport, or you can park in a nearby public parking house.

Despite all of the discomfort I experienced I actually like the hotel itself, this was my second time there (stayed there about 4-5 years ago). Still, this was also the second time they mixed up the reservation and this time they made such a mess i would certainly think twice before booking here again.... At least they should've been a bit more humbled and apologetic about their own mistakes... That would've helped. What I have explained here wasn't all we experienced either, so I actually think they should've offered some kind of compensation. They didn't, and they charged us fully....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank InaMP
Guro Ø, General Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Thank you so much for your honest feedback and for taking the time to give us a review. Your comments are truly appreciated and I can assure you that we will take your comments to further actions. If you have the time, I would really appreciate to discuss this matter further with you:
Guro.Osmundset@choice.no