All reviews waterfall shower q lounge rooftop bar recommend this hotel boutique hotel spacious room breakfast buffet nice breakfast location is excellent the main street public transport central location train station opera house catwalk harbour fortress
Reviewed July 15, 2015

The rooms were cleaned poorly, alot of old redwine stains on the carpet. The room was an okey size, but this made no difference, since the toilett is terribly loud, as in there is no difference in speaking to a person while in the shower or talking to someone on the other side of the bed. The bathroom also has the dumbest design ive ever seen. I was living with my girlfriend, and it was quite awkward when we realized the bathroom actually had a large window between the room and the bathroom, which allowed anyone in the room look straight at the toilet. I havent stayed at to many hotels in my life, but this is without a doubt the worst hotel experience this far. The one redeeming point is the location of the hotel, which is good, but alot of other hotels have just as good location, or even better. There are better places to stay for the same ammount of money in oslo, i sugest you pick something else.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with FirstHotels.com
OARG, Guest Relations Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2015

Dear Torbjørn B,

I would like to extend our grand gratitude for taking your time to write a review of First Hotel Grims Grenka, Oslo's first design hotel.

I am outmost sorry to read that your stay was not of a satisfactory level, and it is by sincere feedback we can truly uncover deviations and improve our hotel product. Your views will be taken into account. I will also address the matters concerning the cleaning with the correct department accordingly. Otherwise, I am pleased to read that you found our location to be superb. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you should have any questions or additional comments.

We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to us in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed July 15, 2015

Quirky, trendy hotel in a great location. Staff was very helpful. We had a suite that was unconventional, but nice. Bathroom was a little strange as was the color scheme for the room. Comfy, clean beds. Restaurant downstairs was good. Rooftop bar was by far the best thing about staying here.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family

Dear Kara S,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and cordial recommendation of First Hotel Grims Grenka.

It is a sincere pleasure to read that you appreciated our design and atmosphere, and enjoyed your stay with us. Especially that you felt taken care of by the staff, the location and the Q Lounge. This shows us that we are on the right track in regards to exceed our guest's expectations.

We look forward to your return as our guest on a later occasion.

All the best,

Reviewed July 9, 2015

I stayed at the hotel payed 4000 for a night for a 50sqm suite and was really really disappointed. The room was so dark and showed obvious signs of being worn out, dirty with dust all over, A 15 sqm narrow passage so the room it self was not particularly big... The breakfast was a negative experience where they had serious trouble of cleaning up after guests and fill up with fresh food.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Henru01
OARG, Guest Relations Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2015

Dear Henru01,

Thank you for taking your time to evaluate First Hotel Grims Grenka in regards to your previous stay with us. Your sincere thoughts and comments are invaluable to us and most appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further comments to your stay or to help us improve our product.

We do hope to have the pleasure of having you as our eminent guest again.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 8, 2015

I stayed in this hotel for one night.
The location of the hotel is very central and in a quiet street. The hotel is very modern. The staff was not very warm at the welcoming or for the check out, which is somehow a pity.
The room was very comfortable and nice but the A/C was not working while I was there. The design is nice but it could be a bit more sophisticated.
The breakfast is very good, with a large choice of meals.
There is apparently in this hotel one of the very few central rooftop bars in the city but I couldn't try it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Dear FredK1412,

We are outmost grateful for your sincere review. There is nothing more we appreciate than feedback from our dear guests.

We are also very pleased to read that you especially enjoyed the breakfast, and we do hope to have the pleasure of accommodating you again where you also get the opportunity to enjoy a cocktail at Q Lounge.

Wish you a lovely summer and we look forward to your return again.

All the best,

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I have never given a poor review to a hotel. Usually we vet them sufficiently before hand. But not in this case. We found this hotel so dark and depressing, with such dingy hallways and low lighting everywhere....and the rooms so tiny as to barely to be functional. The bathroom? Basically a phone booth with a tiny open shower stall that sprayed water all over the bathroom and I mean ALL over (my iPhone was sitting on the sink counter and after my shower it was wet. The bathroom floor itself was a hazard after anyone showered as it was covered with water. And the open glass wall to the bedroom -- believe me it really was like a phone booth -- meant there was no privacy.) The carpets were covered in lint, half the lights in the room didn't work, and our second floor rooms were facing an interior courtyard so that you couldn't tell it was day and the hotel even had to create fake "lights" behind the curtain to pretend there was daylight. Honestly, I'm pretty sure we had the worst rooms in the hotel. I would have complained but we were staying only a short time before a trip to the fjords so I thought we could just suck it up, but in retrospect I don't know how we didn't insist on a better room. Had we not prepaid we would have tried to check out.On the plus side the front desk was wonderful -- we had some issues checking in, lost luggage, etc., and they couldn't have been more helpful. So major props there. And the breakfast was decent. But we found this hotel a real disappointment and could not recommend it to anyone. There have to be much better places to stay in Oslo.

Stayed: May 2015
OARG, Guest Relations Manager at First Hotel Grims Grenka, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Dear doppel,

Thank you for taking your time to write such a sincere and elaborate review of you stay at First Hotel Grims Grenka. There is nothing more we appreciate than honest feedback from our eminent guests.

The hotel has a certain design, and we are very sorry to read that your expectations was not exceeded this time. I have taken your views into account concerning the room, and I will also notify the housekeeping department in regards to the lint.

We do hope to have the opportunity of accommodating you on your next visit to Oslo.

Yours faithfully,