“Lot of choices for vegetarian and vegan food, very tasty and fresh food, good size portions, very friendly staff”

Fragrance of the heart
Ranked #147 of 1,651 Restaurants in Oslo
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Neighbourhood: Sentrum
Reviewed June 25, 2018

We were in Oslo for only day and a half and when we went near city hall to take a bus for our guided tour, we were disappointed that burger king across did not open until 10 am, we were desperately looking for good breakfast. Walking along the street, we saw a little sign pointing in the direction that said "vegetarian cafe". We have 1 vegan family member and rest of us are vegetarian. We walked right over there and were surprised to find out how many selections they had for vegetarian breakfast (pastries, cakes, wraps). We had our coffee and pastry in the morning and we packed our hummus wrap and avocado wrap from there to take on our 8 hour tour. They even had lentil coconut soup and veg minestrone soup for breakfast and I was pleasantly surprised to find that in Oslo. When we returned from our tour, we went back to have lentil coconut soup and something else for dinner. They had run out of that soup from morning, but for dinner they were serving "Indian Daal" soup which was very hearty, tasty and filling. My daughter and I were so happy and satisfied with the soup. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. This place closes at 7:00 pm, but I am sure if they stayed open until later, they will get enough business because so many people are looking for good vegetarian food these days. Even though it's a self service restaurant, they had plenty of forks, knives (nice quality ones), condiments etc. available at the counter. The place also has outdoor sitting if you chose to enjoy the weather. I am glad they had that sign pointing in that direction because the restaurant is towards the back side of the shopping center and I would have never known it was there unless we saw the sign.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

I spotted this little cafe as I walked from the Oslo harbour and past the Radhus (City Hall) The food is veggie/vegan, freshly prepared and very wholesome. Prices are very reasonable, a welcome factor in a very expensive city. The staff are delightful, gentle, friendly, welcoming and kind. The ambience is relaxed and calm - no, this is NOT a 'theme' cafe, the workers here are devotees of Shri Chinmoy, who taught peace and harmony, and his thoughtful, caring take on life shows in his followers. Everyone here is valued and treated with kindness. It was a great experience to eat here, either in the cafe or outside, and I returned each day of my stay, whether for an (excellent) coffee, juice or smoothie, home-baked cookie or scone, or a hearty bowl of soup. They also serve casseroles, wraps, and cakes. Very highly recommended!!!

Reviewed April 24, 2018

If you fancy a quick vegetarian meal, this is a good option. They have soup of the day and meal of the day, and a few more dishes already made. Food is good and the people working there are in a good mood.

Reviewed March 9, 2018

Wonderful cafe easy access off well-traveled street in center of Oslo - courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable about the wide-variety of home cooked soups and goodies. First raspberry cheesecake (gluten-free & vegan) in ages. Will go back before I leave!

Reviewed February 21, 2018 via mobile

Met up with friends here, they serve a bit of food, and sweet treats along with hot and cold drinks.
Perfect for vegetarians or other conscious eaters! They even kept the place open an hour after closing time, just to accomodate new customers! Perfect service, we'll definately go back ❤