1,115 results
All reviews central station light dinner great breakfast breakfast buffet street noise free evening meal hot dish walking distance included in the price good size fresh fruit excellent location would highly recommend this hotel public transport quiet room great room budget hotel
Reviewed August 27, 2017

We stayed in a few Thon Hotels in Norway, but this was the best for service and food. Its a short walk from the Central Station, and its easy to get to all the main sights in Oslo. The staff are really helpful and friendly, especially Jhon.Our room was a pleasant surprise as it was pretty spacious especially by Norway standards (and bigger than to two other Thon hotels we stayed at) plus it looked pretty funky! And it had the usual amenities like shampoo and soap- unlike the others. Despite our Australian travel agent telling us they wouldn't store our luggage while we went off for an 8 day trip- they did, happily and for no extra charge, and even knowing that we were then going to a different (Thon) hotel in Oslo. So all in all a great place to stay in Oslo.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Dear travellinggoodies,

I love to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Thon Hotel Terminus. Thank you for taking the time to share this wonderful and comprehensive review with us. It is such a pleasure to know that you were happy with your choice of hotel in Oslo.

Thank you for sharing and welcome back,

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Good location, close to Opera House and all the turist attractions from city centre, all in walking distance. The hotel is average, poor looking from outside, I booked the hotel online and when I arrived, the first look was disappointing.
The room was ok, good size and clean.
I had dinner included, but it's more like a canteen, one dish a night, so, don't rely on dinner from hotel even if it's included in price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Valentin ,

Greetings and many thanks for leaving us a review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our facilities. We have as you mentioned a complimetary single course evening meal for all guests, included in the room rate. This is a alternative, if you don't feel like going out for a full restaurant dinner.

Thank you for sharing and welcome back.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

My family and I had a night at the Thon Terminus recently. The recently refurbished rooms were excellent, clean, bright and well presented.

The real let down was the evening meal and breakfast. The evening meal consisted of some cold macaroni cheese, not even enough for the three people in my party and some cheap cheese, ham and bread. There was also some salad leftovers on a plate, this was at 7.30pm. We ate out that night.

The breakfast the next day at 7.30am looked delicious, freshly cooked and a beautiful selection, something for everyone. The only problem was, it was stone cold. Personally, I cannot eat cold egg, bacon and mushrooms. I did mention it to a member of staff who was uninterested.

I mentioned my complaints to the reception and was promised a phone call from the manager or under manager that day, Surprise, surprise, no phone call.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms can be noisy
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kent K, General Manager at Thon Hotel Terminus, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear crazy pom,

Thank you for making Thon Hotel Terminus your home during your visit to Oslo and thank you so much for your extensive feedback. It is clear from your review that we missed the mark of providing you an excellent experience while on property. I would like to offer you my sincerest apologies. Please reach out to me directly prior to your next arrival so that we can make sure it is a flawless experience.

With kind regards,
Kent Käldman

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

We were pleasantly pleased with this hotel. It was a very short walk from Central Train Station. We got in late (after 7pm) and wanted to maximize our time in Oslo so we decided to eat at the hotel, where they offer a complementary buffet. We never would have done this, but time was of the essence, and were pleasantly surprised. Fresh bread, fresh fruit, salad and vegetables. We didn't really care for the chicken curry entree but the rest was fine! The morning breakfast spread was also quite elaborate, including omelettes and fresh fruit. The rooms were very quiet. The hotel is within walking distance to the Opera House and the main shopping area. Overall, a good place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017

Dear Kristyn_FWilmette,

Thank you for your kind comments after your stay here with us at Thon Hotel Terminus. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our location in the middle of the center of Oslo, close to public transport. We are also delighted to hear that the rooms and the breakfast were to your liking. We hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you are in Norway.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I stayed there for three days and everything was perfect. The hotel is very close to the train station and the most important sight seeing places, the staff was always friendly and attentive. The room was clean, spacious and everything needed was there. I liked the breakfast very much - nothing missing to me. The light dinner served consisted of a diversity of salads, melon, bread and butter, hot soup or stew. Water, coffee and tea was always for free.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
1  Thank cosimaschlink

Dear cosimaschlink,

Thank you for taking your time to write us your kind words regarding your stay here at Thon Hotel Terminus. It is wonderful to read your statements about our hotel and that it met your expectations. Happy to read that our staff made you feel welcome and that you've been well taken care of as our guest.

Welcome back anytime :)