All reviews metro station business school city centre t bane nice hotel business district fitness center free wifi big room business room front desk staff public transport supermarket conference kettle taxis bathtub
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here one night in November in 4th floor. The room was a standard room with Urban design style, quite nice but standard room meant no bathrobe or slippers nor in-room coffee or tea. Wireless Internet worked ok, TV was an old CRT type mounted in a huge ceiling-to-floor turnable rack also containing the mini-bar. The mini-bar was rather sparsely stocked but with those exuberant prices I couldn't care. The bathroom was nice, tiled but no floor heating. In November that is a cold experience. I had breakfast quite early and they have an adequate but rather standard set of selections. The scrambled eggs and sausages were cold, the bacon were cooked instead of fried and cold. Why can't Norwegian chefs learn to fry bacon ? I guess it's the only hotel in that area and an easy selection if you have business in Nydalen.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Cathrine t, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Per,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as your comments are valued.

I have passed on your concerns to our Head Chef, in which we appologise for the cold food in our breakfast buffet. We have now changed our routines, hence hoping you come back to experience crispier bacon and warmer food in the future.

Thank you again, have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Cathrine

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice hotel situated in the business district of Nydalen. Very convinient for us visiting family in Bjerke/Årvoll district. Excellent service on checking in, nice and tastfully breakfast. BUT: TV in room is VERY old, and difficult to view. Housekeeping was not up to standard. We stayed for 2 nights, and use glasses was not changed, only one cup for coffee in a doubleroom, and empty tissue box in bathroom was not changed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Cathrine t, Sales & Marketing Coordinator at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Tor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel as we value your feedback.

I have passed on your comments to our housekeeping manager in which will ensure that we further improve our focus on details. I am sorry that the TV was difficult to view, as we are aware that some of our rooms has older TV's, however I am glad to inform that we are in process of replacing them step by step.

I hope we have a chance to welcome you back at a later occasion and wish you a continuous good day!

Kind Regards,
Cathrine

Reviewed October 19, 2012

the only without any hot drinks in the room. We stayed in four other Radisson hotels in Norway and all had coffee & tea in the room but not this one unless you stay in a business class room.

This was also the only one we stayed in with no free access to the internet. It had only 1 computer in the lobby that required a credit card to use and no free cards were given out, I even asked several workers as I thought there was some mistake as we used the lobby computer to transfer photos in all the other hotels. These slights takes it down a star in my book what otherwise would have been 3. These simple things should all be included in the stay.

We broke down and ordered tea after dinner one night and were underwhlemed with a just tea bag and one cup of hot water. The coffee machine in the lobby we were told was only for conferences.

The room was fine and the breakfast buffet was among the best.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

LOCATION
This is a hotel catering to business travellers located in the Oslo district of Nydalen. It is well located just outside the metro station Nydalen opposite BI Norwegian Business School. A small mall with a supermarket and café is next door.

ROOM
My room was small but OK with everything you need - and it was quite. It was acceptably clean, but not oustandingly. I'm not extremely sensitive to these issues but still don't like to find hairs in the shower.

HOTEL FACILITIES
I didn't really use any facilities accept having a beer at the bar. Internet is free and was quite fast.

SERVICE
Nice and friendly service.

VALUE FOR MONEY
The room was certainly not cheap, but considering that Oslo is a very expensive city the price was OK.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank pam89
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel recently with a group tour of Scandinavia. It is a nice hotel in a convenient area of Oslo. The metro stop is right across the street which made it very convenient to the city. Hotel rooms were nice except for the same narrow European beds which have been in all the Scandinavian hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends