“Great room, Nice breakfast!”

Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo
Ranked #54 of 103 Hotels in Oslo
Reviewed 27 February 2016

You can find Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen almost next to the entrance of metro station Nydalen. What a relief after having spent hours travelling! I chuckled at the thought that I had even concidered taking a taxi from Oslo Central Station to this hotel. The trip was faster with the metro (at a fraction of the cost).

On entering the hotel I stepped into a welcoming & spacious interior, with a reception to the right side. No trouble getting to the entrance while guests are trying to check-in or out.
The room was fantastic (see the photo's that I uploaded). Free wifi. No hassle with passwords. OK... I had to get used to the idea that the door opens into the hallway, instead of it opening into the room... So when walking down the hallway, don't walk too close to the sides, or you might bump into a door if it is opened when you walk by.

I also uploaded a map of the floor. If you look closely you will see that none of the rooms are adjacent to the elevator. Your rest will not be disturbed by the noises that an elevator can produce.

I didn't make use of the restaurant for my diner. (See another one of my reviews on a nearby restaurant). Breakfast was good. Plenty of choices. Tables kept clean. Food presented nicely.

Checkout was without any trouble. Fast & efficient.

This is for sure a hotel that I can recommend and will return to next time I am in Oslo.

Thank you to the staff of Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen for making my stay an enjoyable one.

Room Tip: See the photo of the floor map that I have uploaded.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Kristine T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for the great review from your recent stay with us, we highly appreciate your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your room, the breakfast and our staff.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Reviewed 18 February 2016

The room was comfortable. The breakfast buffet was alright except that they ran out of some items. The food at the restaurant was not too bad but could do better with the service. Ordered a beer that never arrived and was charged for it so had to contest the bill. The waiters should pay more attention to the customers. Had to wait a long time for the food to be served.

Stayed: January 2016
Kristine T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post a review from your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations, this is not the way we want our guests to experience the hotel and I can assure you this is not the usual standard here. We will of course use this feedback for improvement.

We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2016

Radisson Hotels are recognised as being of a good quality. You pay a good price but quality is usually worth it. We paid a good price and on entering the reception we were impressed with the decor. Very nice trendy design. Tired after our trip to Oslo which involved driving, flying, a train and a metro trip while carrying a suitcase. We looked forward to getting into our room. Up in the lift and the room keys did not work. Back down to reception to get them fixed. No apology. Up to the room which was fine. Not particularly large but no real grounds for complaint. Breakfast was very nice. We had a take away pizza Saturday evening because the restaurant was a bit expensive. Sunday afternoon, after a long day out in the cold and rain, we returned to our room and, guess what, the room keys did not work again. Down to reception again and had them fixed. As before, no apology. We decided to eat in the restaurant Sunday evening. Went down to reception and the dining room was dark and empty. The restaurant is closed on a Sunday evening! The man on reception did say sorry! But really, a good quality hotel, charging more than enough for an OK room, cannot serve guests a meal on a Sunday evening! I looked on their website and it says the following. Monday to Sunday the restaurant is open from ....to..... To me, this means including Sunday. However, underneath this message, it says Sunday closed. I am sorry SAS but this really is not good enough. Two mistakes with the room keys and no apologies, no food on a Sunday. Very amateurish.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Kristine T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience and honest feedback from your stay with us. Our restaurant is unfortunately closed on Sundays, however there are 3 good restaurant options in short walking distance from the hotel that are open on Sundays and that we usually recommend our guests. As for the incorrect information on our Norwegian website, I would like to thank you for letting us know, this has now been updated.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
Kristine T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Reviewed 27 January 2016

Room is very basic and small. When our curtain fell off they couldn't repair it.
Housekeeping is very bad, They would not even remove a tissue if u didn't throw it urself Even changing the towels we had to tell them along with the sheets.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Kristine T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations. This is indeed not the service standard at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, and I will make sure that your feedback is shared internally. We will of course use this feedback for improvement.
We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed 25 January 2016 via mobile

The Radisson Blu Hotel in Neydalen is a basic business hotel.
It is next to the underground station which makes it very convenient.

Room is too basic and no luxury at all and no spa or so. Price is high compared to what you get.

Staff are nice but several at reception don't speak English which is weird making communication not easy.

Breakfast is ok.

One night they forgot to clean our room.

I would not stay there again.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Kristine T, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Nydalen, Oslo, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2016

Dear guest,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that your room was not cleaned, this is not the way we want our guests to experience the hotel and I can assure you this is not the usual standard here. We will of course use this feedback for improvement.

I do hope that you will try us again, and I would appreciate if you could send us an e-mail should you decide to give us another chance: Sales.nydalen.oslo@radissonblu.com . We will then do our utmost to make sure you get a pleasant stay.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

radisson blue are great hotels, i like it very much , this hotel is very nice, quiet , clean and it's great for business travelers. rooms are big and very comfortable, stuff are great very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review after your stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to se you again soon – welcome!