1,472 results
All reviews evening buffet afternoon pancakes make your own opera house free pancakes train station cook your own afternoon snack hot dish included in the price free dinner clarion collection an expensive city deluxe room light dinner sandwich coffee and tea
Reviewed November 13, 2015

The following review is according to the room price (almost 1700 NOK/night for a single room).The room I got was the last room in the corridor. There was probably a ventilation room next to it because it was very noisy (nonstop low frequency humming), so it was hard to fell a sleep. The sound seal between the rooms was not so good either because I could even hear the person next to me coughing and walking around. No view at all from the window. Not even the street. By the way the street where the hotel is located is full of prostitutes, drug junkies, dealers, and homeless people (just check google street view). I was not scared, but be advised if you are an afraid type. The gym is ridiculously small and under equipped. Not suitable for anyone. I always thought that Clarion is something special and Clarion Collection is above that, and not just any kind of hotell. Maybe the suits are nicer or the double rooms. But the room I got was not worth more than 500/night. When I told that I'm not satisfied in the reception, I thought I will get a polite excuse, instead the woman was just patronizing me. I wont't return here. I will give Clarion one more chance in another place. I hope Clarion will remove this hotel from their collection.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Pernille C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2015

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback of Bastion- this is a way to make us get better.
We are sorry that you felt that the single room you booked was not your standard, and are sorry if you did not get the possibility to make an upgrade.
We mostly get positive feedback on the area, it is quite and away from the traffic, but still in the city centre.
We have 4 Collection hotels in Oslo, maby one of them is more suited for your needs.

Wish you a good weekend!

Reviewed November 10, 2015

Stayed one night easy and helpful check-in, nice cozy old hotel with lots of charm room and shower area very small ,good place to stay for a short break and the breakfast. and evening light dinner was very good

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pernille C, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2015

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your review of Bastion- we love that you recomend us to others, as well as give us some feedback we can work with.
We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay at our accomadation and found it cozy and homy.
We welcome you back to stay with us anytime!

Reviewed November 3, 2015

This should only be tried !! Arrived late at night, but even then I was greeted by the exceptionally friendly staff who referred me to a rich evening buffet , jam- jam !! The friendly team of staff continued their performance throughout our hole stay of three days. A persistent pleasant atmosphere. Worth trying !!

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi,
Thank you so much for your great review on TP and your recomendation of Bastion to other travelers.
We love that you felt at home and appreciate the staffs excelent service!
We hope that you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 19, 2015

I should have known this hotel would result in some unbelievable moments when I asked at the bar, "where the check-in desk was" and was told "here".

The 4-star reviews sounded good and the price was reasonable, so what could go wrong? The room was so small, my husband and I had to get out our clothes from the suitcases on the bed, then close the suitcase and set it on end in order to walk from one side of the bed to the other yet still needing to climb over the one decorative chair. The hotel was packed with other travelers and a large group of students so the meal-time came and, there was not only no place to sit but also a lack of food selections.

On the positive side, there was a refrigerator in the clean room and the bathroom was nicely updated.

The hotel staff told us about enclosed parking which was a few blocks away. Lucky for us, we were there only one night.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with NordicChoiceHotels.com
Pernille C, Resepsjonssjef at Clarion Collection Hotel Bastion, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2015

Hi Su,
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Bastion.
As youo know we are a old style boutique hotel, so we get good feedback on our charming check-in erea.
We are sorry that yo feel that the room was not as you expected, and of course you should have gotten the offer to upgrade to one of our more spacious and lovely deluxe rooms instead.
We are very glad you could see that we do our very best and have clean rooms and are very service minded.
We still hope you can enjoy on of Nordic Choice Hotels other brands if youo travel to Scandinavia again.
best wishes,

Reviewed October 16, 2015

Nice hotel close to trainstation, about 5-8 min walk. Cosy interior, clean (but small) rooms, helpful and friendly staff, free supper and waffels/pancakes, good coffee. I will stay there again when I can!

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi grethe,
Thank you so much for recomending us to other travelers!
We do our very best to give you the best service and a pleasent stay at our hotel so we are so happy when you give us suh good feedback!

We welcome youo back to stay anytime!