“Smashing service however...”

Kobu
Ranked #9 of 151 Restaurants in Kristiansand
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Service was great, smiling and attentive. The food however was, let me say - strange? I am a sushi fan so I am judging this from that standpoint. I was surprised and for those of you sushi lovers out there who feels particularly adventurous than go for it - you will be surprised. Whether or not you will be pleasantly surprised or not I will leave up to you - enjoy.

Date of visit: October 2018
ShintaroH10, Manager at Kobu, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2018

Hi TEBongo. Thank you for your comment. We are sorry that you seemed unhappy with our sushi. May we ask you what made you feel strange or surprising? We know some of our customers are disappointed with our sushi because we don't have both Sashimi and Nigiri in our menu and we don't have typical fish for sushi such as Tuna or Halibut. (We've decided to expand our menu beyond sushi instead.) But in your case you ordered some sushi dish and the dish you received was different from what you were expecting, right? It would be very appreciated if you could inform us how you think good sushi should be. Best regards.

Reviewed September 19, 2018

Food was tasty and lovely. Authentic Japanese food.
The only waitress lady was helpful, fast and nice.
The place is cozy and nice.
I'm only visiting Kristiansand, if I live here I will probably eat here or do take-away at least once a week.
Price is quite reasonable too. Not cheap but not too expensive.
I would recomend the spicy kimchi ramen.

Date of visit: September 2018
ShintaroH10, Owner at Kobu, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Hei Christie M,

thank you very much for your friendly words. We are really happy that you liked our restaurant and our food and hope that we can welcome you during your next stay in Kristiansand.

Best regards, Team Kobu

Reviewed July 15, 2018

Really good food all the time when I took a visit. The service is excellent as well. Really good price-quality level.

Date of visit: April 2018

Hei BSU6,

thank you for the nice recommendation. We are really happy, that you enjoyed your visit and hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

This small japanise restaurant was a very nice place to visit. They had different types of sushi and ramen soups. All the food we ordered was excellent. It was tasty and the service was kind and fast. The quality of the place was 10/10. It was on a quiet street so the place was also calm.I can definetly recommend this place.

Date of visit: July 2018

Hei Suvi V,

Thanks for your nice recommendation. We are really happy, that you enjoyed our food and our service. We hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

We really enjoyed our dinner here. The service was excellent and the sushi tasty. Prices are reasonable also.

Date of visit: June 2018

Hello Sue W,
thank you very much for your recommendation. We are really happy, that you liked our restaurant and hope to welcome you again, when you are in Norway again.