All reviews the river buffet style scandic chain nice modern hotel city centre airport express bus centrally located hotel great breakfast excellent hotel comfortable bed within easy walking distance pancakes fifth floor nice stay business hotel few minutes walk nidaros cathedral
Reviewed February 6, 2016

I chose this hotel based on price (I was booking combined flight and hotel through an agency). The staff was very friendly and serviceminded. I felt welcome and got good directions on how to get around in the city.
The only thing that was a negative was the cleaning of the room. It could have been better, but I have also seen much worse. But again, the staff took my feedback seriously and promised to take this further to house keeping so they could improve. I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mia B
Reviewed January 17, 2016

I arrived late at night after traveling from the States and my superb arrival experience would be the standard throughout my five day stay! After checking in and answering my questions about where I could find food on a Sunday evening (no where) I was directed to a wonderful deluxe room that overlooked the he canal. However seeing I was having difficulty using the elevator (you have to use your key in the elevator to go up), the desk person ran over to help me. This was another standard throughout my stat in that the staff did everything possible to always be helpful.

The rooms view was wonderful as was the duvet on my bed. The down duvet was simply almost heavenly to my weary body. The room had a nice selection of soda, water, and even a few bottles of beer and wine. There was a tea kettle and some snacks since obtaining dinner on a Sunday in Norway us apparently impossible. In keeping with this fact, even the hotels restaurant was closed!

The highlight of the stay is the included morning breakfast from 7 to 10. Endless amounts of different breads and jams, meats and cheeses, herring, mackerel and salmon prepared multiple ways, pancakes, fried eggs, yogurts, and fresh squeezed OJ. And as quickly as you empty your plate the very friendly staff clear away so you can dive in for seconds, thirds, fourths! The breakfast was a class act and since it was still dark outside (the four hours of daylight begin at 9:46), the breakfast was set in the beautifully lit and very large lounge.

To highlight the staff again, nothing was too hard. My TV stopped working and KNUT from the front desk worked on it for hours to get it to work. Additionally he continued to answer my many questions and made flawless restaurant reservations for local cuisine. Knut and Linnae were partularly helpful and should be lauded for their superior service and recognized in front of their peers!! They were continually superb!

The only negative issue I had was the pathetic gym...two treadmills in a closet with a view of the river. A hotel of this quality could/ should do better.

Although the VERY LARGE AND FANCY Radisson is right across the street, I would VERY STRONGLY recommend this very wonderful hotel!

Room Tip: With a view of the canal.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Merete I, General Manager at Scandic Bakklandet, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2016

Dear Mark
It was such a pleasure having you here. Thanks for you nice review and praise of our employees and hotel. I have made sure that your words have reached our belowed team members, and I'm sure that your feedback makes them even more motivated and proud of working at Scandic Bakklandet.
We wish you all the best, and hope to see you again.

Best regards, Merete Imbsen, General Manager

Reviewed November 11, 2015 via mobile

I got lost in the city with rental car for the first time ! Calling the hotel for assistance I was met with the most gentle and understanding attitude you can imagine . I was guided in the vet best way and even met in the street for carrying my suitcase . I got a lovely room with a perfect view over Trondheim s lovely ancient city with wooden houses and lots of history . Even if this was a job journey I got leisure and felt welcome and home . Thank you so much !!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2015

I stayed at Scandic in July 15 and I am very happy to see that I made a right choice! A trendy, business hotel in Trondheim.
The location is brillant! Just facing the Niedelva river and offers you unlimited cosiness.
Train station is within 12-15 mins of walking distance. I knew that some standard rooms have indoor windows (which I do not prefer either) so I booked Superior Queen Room Extra which has river view. The room was quite big and bright, designed as modern with high quality. Bathroom facilities are great too!
I recommend everyone to make a bit further search to get more information about the room they are booking in order to prevent disappointment and when you book queen room extra, they provide you the room you request depending on their availability.
Complimentary Wi-fi supply is great working with no problem.
as a conclusion, Scandic Bakklandet is a pretty good business hotel as well as leisure. Do not hesitate to book.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank SuhaGuvenc
Reviewed November 2, 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com