See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

I stayed in the Thon Hotel Prinsen for a week while teaching at NTNU. The staff without exception were courteous and attentive. The room was comfortable, and breakfasts good with exceptional variety. The staff were particularly helpful when I needed to stay an additional day and no rooms were available. They confirmed a reservation at another nearby hotel and stored my baggage until the evening of my departure. I would certainly recommend the Thon Prinsen to Trondheim business travelers.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded June 13, 2017

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to Trondheim. Kind regards, Front Office Manager, Maria T.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

The Thon was a great mid-priced hotel. It included breakfast and self laundry facilities. It was located centrally - very close to most of the attractions. The room was clean and decorated with fun colors. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

The Hotel is located in the middle of the city centre of Trondheim. The rooms are OK, the location is great, the staff is nice, but the breakfast buffet was probably the worst in Trondheim. It is also a bit challengeing to find parking nearby.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Management response:Responded June 13, 2017

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We have own parkering at the hotel. We look forward in welcomming you back on your next visit to Trondheim.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Located practically in the middle of Trondheim (near the city square).
Always met with a smile both when arriving and leaving the hotel.
Nice rooms and good food without to much fuzz and fancy stuff going around at breakfast. Absolutely a good place to live when visiting Trondheim

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Management response:Responded June 13, 2017

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. We look forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to Trondheim :-) Kind regards, Front Office Manager, Maria T.

Reviewed March 19, 2017

Where do I start... I guess, I'll just chronicle my experience from the beginning.
Upon arrival to my room, first thing I saw was a used plastic cup sitting on the clothing rack right in the mini-hallway. OK, I thought, stuff happens. The room was small, but since I was alone this time, it didn't matter much. However, I have visited my friends staying at the same room type (standard double) and their rooms were about the same size, so if there are two people that are going to be staying in such room it could get claustrophobic, fast. Bathroom is miniature, and shower can be quite tricky for non-petite people. For instance, my broad-shouldered husband would barely fit into the shower sideways because the shower wall gives very narrow opening to get into the shower. Concealed toilet had some kind of construction flaw giving me the impression that it is about to fall off the wall with me on it every time I used it, it literally wobbled - that I have never experienced before :).
In the evening, when it was time for my nightly cup of tea, I discovered that one of the cups left for me in the room was chipped and it is a miracle that i did not cut my lip drinking from it before I noticed the chip, and a sharp one at that. While waiting for the water to boil, I got to observe a piece of cobweb / a dust ball hanging from the mirror above the table where my tea was getting ready, swaying with the air movements in the room.
Right, after the tea was over with, I decided it was time to go to bed. In the first 5 minutes it became very clear that I could perfectly well hear the street through the window, every movement of my neighbor on the other side of the wall, and room doors opening / closing down the corridor. On top of that, I think my room was haunted, but I'm not going to go into that one :)
In the morning it was time to go try out the breakfast buffet, which was standard issue continental. What became glaringly obvious though, was that there was no allergy-friendly foods, well, except for a choice between gluten free crackers or bread that was so stiff I was afraid to eat it. No lactose-free options, at least I couldn't see any on the badges marking the foods during my three-day stay. Later during the day, I had a privilege of enjoying the lunch buffet at the same restaurant, and found a hair in my dessert - not on top of it, but mixed into my souffle...
At least the staff were always friendly and professional.
Oh, and do not count on getting a free toothbrush at the hotel lobby if you forgot yours - they charge for it! I also strongly recommend not to count on getting a complementary shampoo as is a standard practice at other hotels of same caliber I've been to - here there is a shampoo/soap concoction hanging in a dispenser in the shower, so people with sensitive skin (myself included) will not fair well with that, and, I mean, no one wants to use this in their hair if dreadlocks are not the final goal.
Location is very good, which makes it easy to explore the old parts of the city, you get a short walking distance to all the important historical sites. And shopping :).
So here we are, at the end of my stay and my conclusion on this experience is: if you don't mind small spaces, generic food at breakfast and hearing everything that's going on in and outside of the hotel, I guess it could be something for you. But for the price, there are far better options.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lena M
Management response:Responded March 26, 2017

We are sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience with us and would like to get in touch with you to rectify the impression. Please send us an email to prinsen.resepsjon@thonhotels.no so we will contact you in this regard.
Best regards, Maria, Front Manager.