1,143 results
All reviews great breakfast economy room train station hotel breakfast smoked salmon walking distance fresh fruit hotel is centrally located fish market family room mini bar short stay city centre free tea and coffee top floor norway smoothies
Reviewed February 23, 2015

The location of the hotel is good and the price OK (for Norway). Other than that, I see no reason to stay there. The room (standard) is somewhere between small, very small and tiny. 2 very narrow single beds with dubious sleeping quality. The working desk was a joke (sizewise) and you could not watch TV from the chair, no water boiler, no mini-bar, etc. You feel that cost savings are more important than giving the guests a good feeling. The bathroom was functional but in dire need of a make-over. Breakfast was not bad and the reception crew was attentive and gave good service. It must be added that the hotel has a choice of room sizes, so recommend to go for upgrades. There are better alternatives in Bergen, though.

Reviewed February 22, 2015

The 17-18th this February I had once Again the pleasure of staying at the Scandic Byparken. I was as the other times a very pleasant stay with two nights of good sleep in the comfortable beds in the well climatized and quiet rooms.
The breakfast is extraordinary and makes you just want to sit and enjoy the morning in the restaurant at long as possible enjoying the different varieties of fried dishes, sausages, cheeses, various smoothies, fresh pressed orange juice and coffee, espresso or capuccino whatever choice you may wish.
A pleasant, polite and helpful minded staff as usual as well.

Room tip: Get a room on one of top levels. Then you are sure not to be bothered by traffic but also get a very nice view.
Reviewed February 18, 2015

Please be warned. They don't cook the bacon and the chef thinks this is the way it should be!!!

If you get a single room, it is the smalles in town.

Apart from the location, it is not worht staying unless they change the breakfast and you get a decent room.

Reviewed February 6, 2015 via mobile

A decent business hotel for short stays.
OK rooms, but the overall standard is nothing special
Friendly and helpful staff.
Minibar empty, and really poor TV-reception.
Breakfast was OK, but the eating area was disturbed by people going to and from the elevators.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Birte Bratland H, General Manager at Scandic Byparken, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and thank you for your nice comments. We do strive to give our guests what they want, and I'm so glad to hear that you are experiencing this. We do hope to see you again soon.
Best regards, Birte B. Hevrøy

Reviewed February 3, 2015

Rooms. Well, you get what you pay for. I booked the lowest end single room and got a clean, well furnished, very small room with an interior courtyard view. I was worried that the room would feel too small for my three night stay, so I asked for a double room in my same price category. It made a big difference.

What I found exceptional was the staff. When I asked about changing rooms, they gave me a key to a new room to check out without any hesitation. Then after I had moved to that room and my colleague told me about his room (superior with a street view), I asked about availability and they again handed me a key and let me check out that room (I decided my cheaper room was just fine).

It was my first time in Bergen (and Norway) and I had a lot of questions. The staff was one of the most pleasant and friendly I've encountered in any hotel. Really.

My first criteria for a hotel is always location. And Scandic Byparken couldn't be in a better location for walking around downtown Bergen. Don't miss the small lake (large pond) with mountain views a block from the hotel.

Ok, I'm also a sucker for a great, free breakfast. Their spread was really nice (and had my personal, healthy favorite - oatmeal).

Room tip: If you feel claustrophobic in a room with an internal view window (i.e. no street view), pay a few dollars more and upgrade to a room with a street view.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for this really great review and for staying with us. I am happy to hear that your stay was great and the staff was friendly and helpful. We do strive to give our guests what they want, and therefore it is very nice to get this feedback. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and the breakfast. Hope to see you again soon, best regards Birte B. Hevrøy