All reviews pedestrian zone great boutique boutique hotel made to order eggs fun hotel train station breakfast offers within walking distance modern design shower and toilet fish market central location unesco site frosted glass small hotel your luggage breakfast is served
Reviewed May 1, 2016

Central, ok rooms, ok breakfast. But a bit angry. And if the guest gets angry (think it's a first for me) for me something is wrong. Short version: I have approx 100 hotel-nights a year. Around 10 of them in Bergen. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Camilla K, General Manager at Hotel No 13, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2016

Dear Guest,
We take our commitment to guest satisfaction very seriously. Our guests are the most important part of our business, and we will continue to do our best to provide quality accommodations and customer service with them in mind. Therefore:
Every negative feedback we receive prompts an investigation into the hotels' routines and service in order to identify how we can improve. When looking into your stay, I could not identify a deviation of our routines, policy or service, but I did find that you had been charged a fee for smoking in the room. I understand that it’s no fun paying this fee, but since you travel 100 nights a year (as you mentioned, at least 10 in Bergen alone), you should know that all Norwegian hotels, such as No13, is a completely non-smoking facility.
Hotel staff who finds any evidence (such as used cigarettes) will charge the guest for not respecting our non-smoking policy. We have a responsibility to our guests to provide a safe, clean, smoke-free room. Whenever a guests smokes in the room, we can`t sell it for at least a day due to the strong odor in the room. We spend extra hours to dry-clean everything from the carpets to curtains. I hope that you understand that there is not one single receptionist who enjoys giving this fee to a hotel guest. Unfortunately, I personally think that a business traveler like yourself already know quite well about Norway’s strict non-smoking policy. I am truly sorry that you did not respect it. If you had told us that you were a smoker, we would be happy to upgrade you to one of our balcony rooms.

All the best,

Reviewed April 20, 2016

This charming small hotel in the center of Bergen offers nicely decorated room a friendly welcome and goodbye from the staff and good breakfast buffet. Stayed here only for 1 night but if you need to stay longer in Bergen then this is perfectly located near to shops and restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Camilla K, Daglig leder at Hotel No 13, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Dear Bart,
We are so glad to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience, all of our staff will be delighted to see they made a positive impact on your stay. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 20, 2016

We stayed here for two nights for a convention. It's a small hotel at a top location. It was recently renovated. The rooms are clean. The staff is absolutely superb. Evereyone we've met was extremely friendly and helpfull. When my wife struggled with the door the reception lady went upstairs with her and solved the problem with humor and a big smile. We felt very welcome.
Breakfast is good and original but the best part was the waffle-baking in the afternoon: an unexpected treat. We'll be back...

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Harry B

Dear Harry

Thank you for sharing this fabulous review of your recent stay with us.

Here at No13, we dedicate a lot of time and effort into ensuring our staff has nothing but the best training. I am proud of our staff and personal and genuinely good service is very important to us. So for me to learn that you and your wife experienced our staff as extremely friendly and helpful is truly rewarding feedback.

I`m happy to see that you were able to take the advantage of waffle buffet and I I'm thrilled you might even come back to visit us! I do hope I have the pleasure of personally welcoming you and your wife back to hotel no13.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 20, 2016

I've been lucky to win 2 nights at any of Clarion Lollection hotels. I've chosen Hotel No 13 in Bergen, ant it was the best choice ever!
Ellegant yet modern rooms, very comfy beds and nicest staff I've met!
They've been willing to answers any of our questions, velcomed us with a nice gift, and at the restaurant I could order vegan food - ant got even great vegan waffles!
At the restaurant you can find amazing stained glass window at the ceiling, that was brought from USA from an old church. It is huge and iluminated, so sipping coffe underneeth it seems almost unreal!
Hotel is located in the center of Bergen, just 3 minutes walk from the harbour and famous Bryggen.
We had a fantastic time in Bergen and Hotel No 13 has been our warm and always cosy shelter from the rain and the wind. Thank you!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Klaudyna,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel during your visit in Bergen. I`m thrilled that you thought out hotel was the best ever! The staff and I are delighted to read your review, and that you take your time to post this on Trip Advisor is highly appreciated. Our most important goal is to make sure that every guest have an unforgettable stay here and that they wish to return to us.
Thank you again for you kind and warm words, this means the world to us. We hope can have to pleasure to welcome you again to us soon.

Wishing you all the best,

Reviewed April 18, 2016

The hotel is located in a great spot, close to restaurants, the fish market, shoppings, etc. They also have free breakfast, waffles in the afternoon, and free light dinner from 6-9pm. The staff is very friendly and I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
Camilla K, Daglig leder at Hotel No 13, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2016

Dear Poly M,