1,254 results
All reviews four points sea view spg member batu ferringhi in room dining house keeping gurney drive food court parking space limited parking comfortable stay beach side george town private beach nice view lobby area breakfast spread
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I stayed for 3D2N. Fabulous sea view from my room! Comfortable bed and pillows. Once arrive, you can directly see the lovely beach view right from the lobby. Breakfast is also served sea-front, especially when you get the outside table.. love it! They have wading and normal pool, plus the gym.. all sea facing. Also, I love the way how the staffs responded to my request and needs.. sheraton have efficient staffs indeed. The breakfast is just so-so, not much variety. Limited parking space, need to rely on valet parking all the time, double park everywhere.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Thanks for good check in service at front desk. Ms Deavakie. Very nice service and customer caring.

Thanks for recognizing me as platinum guest. The lobby is newly renovated and very fresh.

My family enjoyed very much

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Lim K
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Stay here for 3 nights from 15th August to 18th August 2018 for business trip.
1. Housekeeping. Cleaner came every day evening like 5pm to 7pm for housekeeping, which is the same time i just back from work and ready to get some rest or shower. Seriously, I stay at not less than 20 hotels, first time encounter this which i find it really really weird, annoying and cause inconvenience to customers. Even they came everyday but they never refill the shampoo even it is empty.
2. Dirty. The towels change everyday but surprisingly everyday the towels also have some stain on it. Disgusting. And got bitten by dust mite during the 2nd day. At first I thought just mosquitoes, who know days later it got worsen and have to see doctor for proper medication.
3. Lift. The lift like have to wait FOREVER!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
11  Thank kennyhkc
FPPenang, Front Office Manager at Mercure Penang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Dear Kenny H,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Penang. Thank you for your feedback..

Our customer satisfaction is of utmost importance and is indeed our first priority in the hotel.
We take great pride in making our patrons feel at home when they are away from home.

I want to sincerely apologize for the service you experienced during your stay with us recently.
I have shared your observations of which we have certainly reviewed closely.
Your feedback is duly noted and actions will be taken to improve ourselves.

Kenny H, while I cannot change the past, it is my sincere hope that your recent experience will not deter you
from visiting us again. We would appreciate that you allow us another opportunity to show you our improved
facilities & service on your future stay should your travel plans bring you back to our hotel.

Once again, our sincere apology and thank you for letting us know about this incident.
Please do not hesitate to contact me and/or any one of our team if we may be of assistance.

Best regards

Reviewed August 26, 2018

Visited Penang Island during the recent school holidays and booked a room at Four Points by Sheraton for a 3D 2N stay.

This is my first time staying at Four Points and I would like to share my experience staying at this hotel. Let me start by sharing the positives:

Positives:

1. Location - Located at Tanjung Bungah which is closer to Georgetown which makes travelling to town easier and more convenient.

2. Nice Beach - Guests have easy access to a private beach which is clean and great for family with children.

3. Friendly Staff - Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

The Negatives:

1. For a supposedly 4 Star hotel, Four Points have a funny way of treating its guest. After spending the whole day sightseeing Penang Island, my family came back to the hotel and finding our room not being cleaned. I was very sure we did not put any "Do Not Disturb" sign at the door. I called the Front Desk to find out why our room was not clean and the answer from the staff was classic. The staff informed me that my room was not cleaned because I did not inform them that I need the room cleaned. Now, I have stayed in many hotels in my years of travelling and this is the first time a hotel staff told me I need to inform them if I want my room cleaned. This is a first and coming form a 4 star rated hotel, I am really perplexed. I am fine if this is a hotel policy and guests are informed before hand either via notices placed in the room or when they checked in. But unfortunately I did not get any.

2. Poor Maintenance - The hotel is only 5 years old but it is not properly maintained. Room that we stayed in was dusty and looked old. Check out the photo of the torn pillow case used in our room.

3. Lack of Car Park Space - Whole parking is free for hotel guests, the hotel only has limited open car park space at the front of the hotel which are full most of the time. If you drive, be prepared to either wait for an available spot or use the valet parking service which is chargeable.

4. Poor Sound Protection in Room - Found the room wall to be thin enough for you to hear what the other quests are saying from the next room. You dont need to shout to be heard by next door quest.

Overall, my 3 Star rating is purely on my personal experience staying at this hotel which was marred by the lack of room cleaning service and condition of the facilities. Otherwise I am happy with the friendly staff and good location. Ideal for a short family holiday.

Room tip: If you have a family of 2 adults and 2 kids, suggest to ask for the room with 2 super single bed. Each bed is large enough for 2 persons.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
10  Thank TWTeoh
FPPenang, Front Office Manager at Mercure Penang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Dear TWTeoh,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Penang, Marriott International.

Firstly, I would like to extend my most profound apologies for the unfortunate inconveniences that you have faced during your stay with us. We appreciate the time taken to share you constructive review and feedback with us.

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction on the overall services rendered especially on the housekeeping services. This are certainly not our usual standard of presenting our services to our patrons. I have personally confronted the issues with the respective department heads and your constructive feedback on the services was relayed accordingly for further review and actions.

Your valuable feedback helps us to maintain a high standard of service and constantly motivate us for improvements. It is my fervent hope that you will not allow this experience to mar your impression of us and I hope that you have not allowed this to detract too much of your overall enjoyment in Penang.

Once again, I thank you for your kind understanding & It would be a great pleasure to welcome you as our guest once again in the nearest future.

Thank you.
Dennis Dillon

Reviewed August 22, 2018

Went on a short trip to Penang from 17-20 August 2018... (Room stayed in 317) Booked through booking.com... We reached early before the check-in time and we understand that the check-in time is 3pm so we went out after we left of luggage with the hotel (we need to even request for a luggage tag because they did not provide us with any and we are worried where would our luggage end up at... thought was a norm that hotels will issue once they receive our luggage)... So we got our luggage tag and move on and Grab out to look around before coming back to check-in at 3pm... at close to 2pm the hotel staff Emelyn(if i didn't remember wrongly - a chinese girl from the reception) called to inform me that our room was ready and we can pick up the keycards at the reception counter but we were kind of far from the hotel... so by the time we came back to the hotel was already after 3pm... so the actual check-in time... but Emelyn wasn't at the counter so i just approached a Malay Girl (i couldn't remember her name - description tall dark, slightly plump) mentioned to her that i am back to collect the keycards and have completed the check-in process earlier... but her reply was kind of blunt... She said: she is assisting someone else and cannot handle 2 at a time... and left me there hanging without asking me to wait or have someone else to help me with it... if the keycards are prepared it would just take afew second to take and pass us... and next to her came a Korean Trainee looking lost... asked me on what i needed... she was polite just that she doesn't seems to know what to do... and the Guest Service Manager (i saw the nametag but he left too quickly i didnt get the name), he came over beside the trainee... so i repeated myself the 3rd time i have checked in and i wanted to collect the keycards... and he just left without saying anything... i am again stupefied with their actions... the trainee asked again what i needed and i gave her my name and booking for her to locate my keycards but seems like she was struggling till i saw Emelyn who came out from the back office and i quickly asked for her... she was swift and took the keys from the reception counter where the Malay girl and the trainee was standing (don't they communicate and put at a common area for certain things especially keycards ready for pick-up which is really common for hotel check-ins and guest to come back to collect when ready). I really can't believe this is what Marriott Group of Hotels Standard is... even the manager is horrible... Next i passed the luggage tag to get our luggage to be delivered to the room... but this Indian Uncle who pulled out our luggage just passed it to us... oh wells... expecting this hotel to have people deliver our luggage to the room seems an mission impossible... nothing pleasant... take it that we can save on our tips then... we were too tired to continue any conversation with them anymore as long as our room can be used is fine... So we went up changed and all we went out again... so the night we wanted to boil water and have some tea... the kettle and cups have dust on it... even if the previous guest don't use it doesn't mean you don't clean it... everyday there are dust accumulating... so we cleaned it ourselves... quite surprise they didn't have disposable comb and cotton buds... (but this were fine we could buy outside) so the 2nd day... after we return and the room seems cleaned... but they did not replace the body lotion and the face towels... Maybe they had forgotten... so never mind the 3rd day... we were back at night and the room is cleaned... however hand towel, face towel and body lotion did not replace... not sure why was it not replaced... if you clean a room daily things are finished should it be replaced? Usually i do put tips on table with written note to thank the cleaner for cleaning my room but at this hotel i didn't because they don't even respect doing just their basic job... i ringed to get the items... so a malay came up with it and i tipped her... seems like they are more motivated with tips? If so just let us know how much we need to pay in order to get the basic stuff done... rather than creating a hassle for the guest experience... the staff here are generally unhappy it seems... most of the time they don't smile... especially the kitchen staff at the live food counters... when i had my breakfast... However, compliments to the F& B Service staffs they are naturally friendly and helpful... delighting my day... so the 4th day morning i had breakfast at the Eatery level 1... i was in a grey Mickey Mouse T-shirt (by MANGO) and a ripped jeans shorts... after eating we when back up to the room to change and to check-out from the property to take-off to the airport for our flight... i overlooked and realised only i left my grey t-shirt and jeans shorts in the bathroom when i unpacked my stuff the day before (21.08.2018)... so i used the booking.com app on the connecting with the hotel part and input that i had left my belongs in the room can they mail it back to me and i will pay for the courier fees... But till date there was no response... It seems everything we need to take our initiative and the hotel has no initiative or responsibility if any guest left their belongings shouldn't they be the one to contact the guest if guest had left their belongings in the room? or they just discard it? Really unbelievable... I didn't take any photos but i think some areas i mentioned do have cctv covered... check the footage if needed...

Room tip: There are only 2 lifts and they are currently renovating one of them so left one - shows the renovating work will only complete in 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
13  Thank KarolynC25
FPPenang, Front Office Manager at Mercure Penang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Dear Ms Karolyn,

Greetings from Four Points by Sheraton Penang, Marriott International.

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction on the overall services rendered especially on the Checking in services and the Guest Service Manager (GSM) who have just left without giving assistance. This are certainly not our usual standard of presenting our services to our patrons. I have personally confronted the issues with the respective department heads and your constructive feedback on the services was relayed accordingly for further review and actions. On other note, we will try our best to laocate your missing item as mentioned and get back to you with the status.

Thank you.