Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$426
PricelineUS$355
Hotels.comUS$426
eDreamsUS$355
Marriott BonvoyUS$429
ZenHotels.comUS$567
1,457 results
All reviews kids club water sports colony club water taxi omelette ocean view rum punch banana boat water skiing second visit the cliff great holiday there are so many special mention egg station beach house glass bottom boat
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2019

All in all I have to say it's a nice little resort! If you're looking for something bigger, maybe more "high end", modern, etc...maybe it's not the best choice. But if you're looking for a great beach, snorkeling out front, excellent service, clean, nice views...this is a great choice. I don't think I encountered one single negative employee our entire week. Girls at the front desk were always friendly and informative. Bartenders were nice and would talk to you. Breakfast buffet was a great value (the omelette lady was great), different selections each day. Had a nice restaurant for dinner if you don't want to go out. Nice. Rooms are pretty good - looks like they've been updated somewhat recently - but again, this is not the Venetian in Las Vegas, this is a small, old carribean hotel, and it's very nice.

A couple complaints -- Not a huge fan of the "free" water sports - and I kind of figured that would be the case heading in - you have one guy working there, he isn't friendly and it's not like you're going to be water skiing or tubing out front right away (you'll be lucky to get a time slot a day away). And I expected that, I really did...I've experienced that at every resort I've gone to. Another thing I didn't not care for - and this one I haven't experience at other resorts - people claim their pool chairs early, and they keep them not only all day, but all week. They're not supposed to, there are signs saying they can't, but when the pools are small and the families are big, you get the same people claiming chairs at 5:00am in the morning and keeping them until 6:00 at night...every..single..day. Everyday. It's cruise ship pool deck type stuff. I hated that, but my family and I are not the types to sit around a pool all day, so it didn't hurt us in any way (it was just annoying to see). And I've never run into that at other resorts. But I can't stress it enough, this was a GREAT PLACE TO STAY. Loved it.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mike H
dsealy, Operations Support Assistant at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2019

Dear Mike H

Thank you for choosing the Tamarind Hotel as your holiday destination and for taking the time to submit a review on your stay with us.

I am thrilled to read that you had enjoyable holiday with special mention of our amazing beach, exceptional service, well appointed rooms and our beautiful and clean surroundings. Thank you also for taking the time to provide comments about certain aspects of the hotel that may not have met your expectations and for your comments regarding the ongoing upgrades to our property.

I am surprised to read of your experience at the Watersports, especially as guests usually rave of the professionalism of the team. Whilst an apology will not regrettably change the outcome of that experience I want to extend it with all sincerity. This behavior is not our usual standard and is unacceptable. We do have a non reservation of loungers policy and our staff work diligently to enforce this while ensuring that guests do have a great holiday experience.

I am happy that you enjoyed your holiday and appreciate your valuable feedback it as is only through such that we are able to maintain or improve our offer to you.

We look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the Tamarind Hotel for another wonderful holiday experience.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here :
Big buffet style breakfast .
Great service from all the staff - they brought fresh fruit / ice lollies/ cool towels down to beach everyday.
Nice lunchtime menu in the bar
We had dinner a couple of nights too
Food a little expensive, but as you’d expect in StJames
Free water sports
Only downside is there seems to not be quite enough sun loungers , although the staff would happily put more out when asked. Annoyingly the guests would do the reserving with towels thing & then not seem to use the beds !

Trip type: Travelled with family
dsealy, Operations Support Assistant at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Lottie C

Thank you for choosing the Tamarind Hotel as your holiday destination and for taking the time to give a positive review on your stay with us.

Indeed you and your family had a wonderful holiday experience. Thank you for your mention of our quality Food & Beverage and exceptional service which our staff provides. We sincerely apologise that you experienced the irrational use of the loungers by fellow guests. We do have a non reservation of loungers policy which our staff work diligently in enforcing while ensuring that guests do have a wonderful holiday experience. Thank you also for highlighting our watersports which is also a guest favorite, our professional and friendly team delivers true water adventure.

We appreciate that you shared a lovely review on your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Tamarind Hotel.

Reviewed August 2, 2019

What can I say - the hotel is lovely, the staff are friendly and amazing and that helps make it so much more relaxed.
Food is excellent and Ether is queen of eggs producing what you ask for to perfection.
Have honestly had one of the best holidays of all time and have great memories to take home with me. X

1  Thank KelWB123

Dear Kelly Nash

Thank you for choosing the Tamarind Hotel as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share with the world of travelers, you experience with us.

It warms our hearts to know that our staff and charming hotel all exceeded your expectations creating the best holiday you ever had.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the Tamarind Hotel for another amazing holiday experience.

Ms. Danica Sealy
Opportunity Support Assistant

Reviewed July 29, 2019 via mobile

It is my last but one night here in Barbados. I have to say this is the friendliest place I have ever been on holiday/vacation and I have travelled extensively. The people are warm and gentle and the weather is perfect even when the forecast predicts storms!!!
As for the Tamarind it was better than I hoped. The staff are gracious and the property is meticulously maintained. The gardeners work so so hard in the heat. I take my hat off to them. We had booked a garden / pool view room but it in fact had a glorious sea view. The location of this hotel is also first class. Daphne’s the restaurant attached to the Tamarind is first class. Scarlets is cheaper and more relaxed and the Roti Den is homely and cheap. All are within twenty yards of the Hotel. That said with the weak pound nothing is cheap in Barbados for us Brits at the moment.
Would I come back to the Tamarind? Too right I would. Location, quality establishment, quality service.

Lovely lovely place.

1  Thank AndrewJ279

Dear Andrew J

Thank you for choosing the Tamarind Hotel as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share such a lovely review on your stay with us.

We appreciate your kind words on the team who work diligently to ensure that they deliver an exceptional holiday experience for our guests and also for highlighting our convenient location which allowed you the opportunity to explore Barbados beyond the Tamarind Hotel.

Thank you once again for sharing us with the world and for your high recommendation, we look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to the Tamarind Hotel,

Operations Support Assistant.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Loved the property, it was a lot bigger than I expected. Make sure if you visit you see all 3 pools as they are located in different areas of the hotel. Our room was nice and spacious, my only concern was where the air conditioner was placed in the room as this became bothersome while laying on the bed. Is was nice to hear the waves crashing at night.

The staff was particularly great, Anthony the bellman was personable and brought us complimentary rum punch on arrival. We also had the pleasure of dealing with Ether, who had a great personality as well. The variety of breakfast foods was great it included fresh fruit, omelets made to order and either pancakes or waffles just to mention a few items. Destini who checked us in was great too, she gave us local suggestions on where to eat.

In regards to the watersports, I wasn't too clear on what was included with the room rental. We did use the water shuttle that travels in between the properties twice, it was a beautiful boat ride. We did notice the staff giving out complimentary fresh fruit by the poolside. In regards to the beach at the hotel, the water was beautiful however the ocean is rocky we did not see any seaweed while we were there. I did take a morning walk on the beach which was nice, many locals walk the beach in the morning I noticed. beach chairs seemed to be reserved as we noticed the same people in the same chairs each morning.

There are a convenience store and gas station directly across the street. The bus runs right in front of the hotel. I would return to the Tamarind Hotel in the future.

Room tip: We were in room 201, which is a junior suite with a king-size bed with an ocean view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank tp18ma
dsealy, Operations Support Assistant at Tamarind by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Dear tp18ma

Thank you for choosing the Tamarind Hotel as your holiday destination and for sharing your lovely review on your stay with us.

We appreciate your kind words about our charming hotel, caring staff, spacious rooms and quality breakfast with the wonderful Ether. We are also thrilled to read that you enjoyed our complimentary beach amenities in addition to long walks on our lovely beach each morning. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any misunderstanding regarding our complimentary watersports offer, we wish we had known of this while you were here so you could clarify that all watersports offered by the Yellow Fin are complimentary for our all of our registered guests.

Thank you for your lovely review and interest in returning to the Tamarind Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back