1,672 results
All reviews sea view the hotel car park lovely hotel dining room band stand sea front buffet breakfast large room plenty of choice lovely room weekend break full english town centre bandstand pier rear toiletries
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

It looked quite nice from the outside and when we first walked in to the reception. It wasn’t! The reception staff were rude, seemed us being there had seriously inconvenienced him. The room I was given was very tired and outdated as well as freezing cold. When I checked, the radiators had all been switched off which was odd given the weather recently. The tv had no signal and the WiFi didn’t seem to exist when I tried to connect. I ordered mushroom soup via room service but when it arrived it looked like it had been collected from the rim of the worst toilet in Scotland from the film Trainspotting. I was half expecting a drug-addled Ewan McGregor to climb out the bowl while I ate. The soup tasted mostly of salt and the bread was stale. I had 3 spoonfuls and put it to one side. I hoped breakfast would be better...it wasn’t. The fruit was from a tin and still swimming in syrup and the sausages looked like they were planning on doing a runner at the next given opportunity. I ate some toast and checked out, won’t be returning!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank bennie27
GuestRelationsBH, Guest Relations Manager at Cavendish Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of our Cavendish Hotel on Trip Advisor. I will ensure to pass the entire review onto the team at the hotel so they are aware of what you experienced as they will want to do their best to avoid this happening in future. I can assure you that we at Britannia Hotels take our guest feedback very seriously.

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We were so disappointed with our stay at the Cavendish Hotel. We have stayed several times over the last few years and have noticed a huge deterioration since Britannia took over. The hotel is dirty . we had pigeons in our room . the window was wide open when we arrived and the heating didn't work . we were told that it did not operate between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. although it did seem to at the weekend. The room had balls of fluff and debris from the previous occupants. When we pointed it out to the duty manager he was helpful and rectified the situation and we were provided with a portable heater and someone hoovered the room . The faulty light bulb was replaced quickly.
Although there were some exceptions, generally we got the impression that the staff didn't really enjoy working there. It doesn't cost anything to greet guests with a smile. An example of this is at breakfast where we waited some time to be seated . A member of staff appeared , made no eye contact and went behind their desk and mumbled at us "room number"? They could have said good morning or looked at us or smiled or something to make us feel welcome. We asked if it was possible to sit by window seat and were told there were none available . This was because all the tables seemed to be dirty from previous occupants and had not been cleared. We did actually point out that there was a table free and were told it was fine to sit there. We did observe one waiter being pleasant however. Breakfast was adequate but the hot food wasn't that hot, except for the porridge. The window ledges in the dining room were particularly dirty. One member of staff was coughing over everything and informed us she has been ill for over 2 weeks.
General clutter everywhere, e.g stacked tables etc and cleaners cart left in corridor all day.
We have stayed at other hotels where the decor is tired and old but the attitude of the staff can make up for this . Come on Cavendish, please don't become like a cheap boarding house. Don't blame the staff,  provide training!
The location is fantastic which is why we returned but not sure we will again unless things change. We both felt quite disappointed as we knew what it had been like previously. How sad!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank N L

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on Trip Advisor. I will ensure to pass the entire review onto the team at the hotel so they are aware of what you experienced as they will want to do their best to avoid this happening in future. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

221 is a high priced premium double looking over the seafront.
Slightly tired, a bit past a refresh.
Floor a little wonky. Two items of furniture are wonky.
It's quiet enough.
Tea and coffee facility, old style Corby trouser press on the wall. I did not press my trousers for dinner.

I parked in the hotel car park at £4 for 24h.
Reception is just fine.
Dinner in the dining hall - best description. Hot cross bun pudding just too huge, stodgy and lacks finesse. Cool custard. Is that a new trend? Would prefer a cheese option.

Fish main course was fine. Soup to start was good.

Breakfast - what a strange sausage! It has a kind of coat on it - hard as steel, you have to cut the sausage meat out of it.
Now, the bacon. It's not bad at all. Just has rubbery fat on it. I thought most people prefer crispy bacon. Don't they? I mean, who prefers their bacon with soft, warm fat on it?
Why not do crispy bacon as standard - and fatty if asked for?
Chef, look forward to comments!

Lounge area looked like a war zone at times with dead cups and glasses lying around.

In summary, a hotel with excellent bones. Just that the Britannia Group do skimp on running them properly.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank expectantcustomer

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do hope that despite the concerns you mention you were able to have an overall enjoyable stay and I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

Stayed her for easter weekend nice hotel great disabled sea view room decent size wet room. I would just like to say thank you to all the staff there are so friendly really good food. We had room 214 which was huge. Only fault really was the lift got stuck a couple of time but in minutes sorted. Would highly recommend this hotel

Room tip: They have several disabled rooms all different prices depending on room we had the lexx sea view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy A

Thank you for leaving such a positive review, which I'm sure other guests will find very useful. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Cavendish Hotel, and hopefully you will return again in the future. If you do decide to re-book, please call our call centre on 0871 221 0259 for our best available prices on your next stay.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

This hotel is very tired and needs some serious TLC - even washing the net curtains in the main reception might help spruce it up a bit. Great location though! I am sure it was once a very grand hotel, but not any more. Staff were mostly dismissive, with the odd exception. Rooms were overheated and consequently uncomfortable. Wi-fi not available in one of the rooms we had booked. My father used the gents' bathroom near the bar and he said it was disgusting. Breakfast was just awful and the food was stone cold. Service in the bar is very slow, even when there is a member of staff there to serve! We will never stay again. It is overpriced and overrated. Do yourselves and favour and stay somewhere else.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jackum01

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Cavendish Hotel. I am concerned to learn of the issues you experienced. I have noted your comments and will ensure to pass these over to the hotel directly for them to look into. I hope your experience does not deter you from booking with us again.