“Amazing stay”
Review of Iris Hotel

Iris Hotel
Ranked #79 of 146 Llandudno B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for my Birthday the 22nd and 23rd for only £98. After reading the reviews I wasn't expecting much. How wrong could I be! We were on the top floor with a sea view which I had not paid any extra for. The room Was very modern with everything we need d including a heater, the bed was very comfy and both me and my partner had a lovely sleep. We missed breakfast the 1st morning as we enjoyed a lie in till 11am then lied in bed watching to for hours as we hadn't had the chance in a long time with having an 18 month old at home. The next day breakfast was lovely. Could help ourselves to toast, cereal, juice and tea and coffee. And was served a full English to our table by a lovely waitress who nothing was to much trouble for. We parked right outside the door of the hotel that only cost us £3 the whole time we where there. All in all an amazing stay. I will definitely be staying here again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam H
irismanager2011, Manager at Iris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

We do appreciate your lovely comments !
Was a real pleasure to have you as a guest at the Iris Hotel.

Happy Holidays and we hope you will return soon !

Reviewed 24 December 2016

We have been staying at this hotel for a number of years and its really gone down recently. Stayed in the anex. The shower tray had been "fixed" with epoxy resin and looked disgusting and was bouncy. The water was so slow to drain that if you were in the shower longer than 2 minuites the tray overflowed.
The heating is set to full all the time an you have no control over it.
Breakfast was good for the price we payed and the staff are lovely.
Shame to see they have let standards slip.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahandChris69
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Booked the hotel via a web site booking service, pretty reasonable rate including breakfast, so not expecting too much so sort of reasonably surprised. Booking made for a Saturday night stopover whilst visiting family who moved to Llandudno on the Friday, so they were not in a position to put us up, so this was just a night halt.

Parking a bit of a pain, but that is just down to the location and Llandudno.

Checked in at reception about six, filled in the paperwork and paid the balance as requested, on reflection this should have been a sort of clue.

Our room was in the main hotel and next to the lift, so I anticipated the potential for some disturbance, hey ho, someone has to be there and it was good for my partner. The room was fine, the bathroom was awkward, the sloping roof making the shower almost impossible to use, and the toilet is so close to the wall that you think you may not use it. The two steps down into the bathroom could catch you out in the middle of the night. That said, there is nothing the hotel could do about it, it is just the fabric of the building.
Revellers returned from a night out on the town about 3am, with some quite loud and prolonged good nights etc, nearly got me out into the corridor but it eventually it subsided, again nothing the hotel can control.
Breakfast served by pleasant staff, and quit acceptable,restaurant was pretty nice.

Overall nothing untoward, the staff are good, and the room rate reasonable, perhaps it is just Llandudno and a Saturday night near Christmas, perhaps all of it, but paying up front, party revellers, signs abounding threatening fines for various things, just a general feeling of not being trusted as a guest, may be from experience, but just detracts from the whole experience.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank William W
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay room was so clean only problem signal on the t.v kept goin ....had a lovely sleep n breakfast was gorgeous all staff very polite goin back over the christmas period realy lookin forward to it

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Great location, very clean rooms and great service. Super breakfast, fruit juice, tea and coffee, then cereal followed by your choice of a cooked breakfast...we stayed in the annexe rooms, a bit small but very clean.
Very handy for nipping to the shops and bars!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank SlapWigan
irismanager2011, Manager at Iris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2016

A lovely review and thank you so much taking the time to place it, so appreciated by all the team

Reviewed 27 November 2016

We have just returned home from a lovely weekend at the Iris hotel as a treat for my husbands 60th birthday.
What can we say other than the hotel was perfect and we couldn't fault it any way!
On arriving, the ladies on reception made us very welcome and even asked if we needed help with our luggage as she showed us to our room which was down in the basement. I was dreading what the room would be like as we only paid £45 a night, but we were so pleased as it was LOVELY!!!!! Very clean, bathroom was spotless and bed was extremely comfortable There is a heater in the room should you need it, {we used it once when we first got there but room was warm enough after that} there is tea and coffee making facilities and a hairdryer too. This was classed as a small room but we found it more than big enough. The breakfast staff were so polite and friendly and the breakfast was 100% perfect. On checkout the lady on reception asked us how are stay was and if everything was ok and of course we said we were more than happy. We have only been home a few hours and we have decided we will be returning next year to this hotel. We have even made a note of the room number in the hope of being given it again if requested when we book. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in Llandudno. Well done to all the staff at the Iris hotel. Ruth and Peter.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth S
irismanager2011, Manager at Iris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your recent stay.

I am delighted to read your review.
Much appreciated

Michaela
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Checked in late on a Thursday evening at 9.00pm. The staff I think were waiting for us to arrive as the minute I signed for our rooms the lights were turned off at reception. I was given a piece of paper with a bit of information rather than be told by the lady, nor did I have a chance to ask some questions!

I fancied a beer before heading up to my room but everything was closed and nobody around to ask!

Room itself was simple, for £45 per room you can't complain at the cost. There were just a few things I'd expect not to see in any hotel room. One of my towels had a nasty looking stain on it, the shower wasn't very clean and the drain on the bathroom floor on closer inspection was full of hair and dirt! The tv only had three channels available, The room was boiling hot, and the only way to cool down was to open the large window. The matress on the bed needs changing as very umcomfortable.

There are signs everywhere with threats of £70 fines for things like bringing in take out food! Bit over the top!

I woke up at about three in the morning to find the room absolutely stinking of cigarette smoke from someone smoking right outside my window. I was so annoyed at this and couldn't sleep from then onwards!!

Breakfast was ok, lovely young girl greeted us. After a quick breakfast we checked out early. The lady at the desk didn't even ask how our stay was as we were leaving, which angered me so I decided to tell her about the stench of cigarette smoke in my room. Her response was to look through the diary in front of her like it had the answer in there, replying "I will have to speak to the kitchen staff"! Not the best of responses. She couldn't have cared less, we had paid in advance for the room so why would she!!

I've noticed the lady in question likes to respond to reviews with cocky and arrogant/insulting remarks! My favourite In particular was her response to somebody's weight. Pretty vile really but each to there own.

Pretty doubtful we will stay here again to say the least!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank barr999
irismanager2011, Manager at Iris Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2016

Dear Mr Phillip

Please let me thank you for taken the time to review our hotel
Where to start from

You arrive at the hotel at 8:49 pm ( to be more exactly ) . You check in at the front desk, and the receptionist hand you a form where to fill your details, hand you the room key , and guests information . On the CCTV I can clearly see when she explain to you about breakfast time check out time and she wish you,, have a nice stay ,,
More conversation then this so late in the evening, she couldn’t have (when you was in a hurry to go to your rooms -because you were 2 guests, 2 different rooms)

You are welcome to come to our premise and check together with us the CCTV and se that she didn't left the reception before 10pm, because we close reception at that time

If was something wrong with anything into your room you could come to reception and tell her - we do have a laundry company and believe me all our laundry comes packed and washed carefully.
In regards the cleanness of the room/bathroom you could report it and she could go and see and rectified for you -in case was any

I supposed you well know that every day we have guests staying in hotel rooms and I never had somebody treating us as you have done
It is very simple: If you don't like it take refund and you can choose other property who can meet your expectation
A sign where is saying that our guests are not allowed to bring cooked food into their rooms was with the intention to avoid having flies, ants and others.. And of course the smell of it
If you were annoyed of feeling of cigarettes -again-you could come to reception and tell us or advise us -and not on check out.
By the way when you told the receptionist on your way out she showed you the list where the room above you was vacant and she tried to explain to you that couldn't be from our guests , and if was from outside you could close the window

I can say that I am very happy that we do have a CCTV and is a shame Trip Advisor do not give us the possibility to post a video or a picture of your room and your conversation with the receptionist
Is not point to answer to your other complains because I just realise that you copy and paste from previous gusts reviews
You probably had some issues or you just didn't like our receptionist young girl, but you cannot come here and find her faults.
She is a receptionist and if you had something to say you could ask for a manager and not shout at her
We are all humans and we all have rights
By the way you had two rooms (I supposed was everything ok with the other room or just forgot to investigate )

Much appreciated