All reviews rail discoveries car park dancing holiday sea view dance group drawer space sea front toast evening meal walk in shower reception area reasonable size dining room tea coffee facilities twin room a family run hotel reception desk
Reviewed June 7, 2009

the hotel was ddark/drab at back entrance also the reception when there was somebody there when not doing other jobs.
our premior seaview room was nice clean airy but you had finished after that. the food was unappetising not much choice served by surly waitresses who needed a course of training in manners.
one night we did not fancy menu so opted for a salad which came with a big dollop of sloppy tuna mixed with mayo /sweetcorn looked awful cud not eat it .we got small cup of coffee after each meal . overall out bedroom nice but we did pay extra for it but the service and standard and decor of hotel does not rate 3xx i have had better service and food at shearings 2xx hotels .all i can say to those people returning they must be creatures of habit

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bred-butter
Reviewed June 6, 2009

My husband and I stayed for the all inclusive 4 night break, as a last minute booking.
we were pleasantly surprised at the comfort of the rooms and the superb sea views. I would always recommend paying extra if posssible for a sea view, it is well worth it. The hotel is centrally situated for all LLandudno attractions and close proximity to the theatre.
The food was plentiful and good, although the courses were served very quickly in succession (is this good or bad?). When we stayed the weather was glorious, and perhaps there could have been more outside seating on the lawn to enjoy the sun and sea view. Only two benches. Otherwise GREAT.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joanmbowman1
Reviewed June 6, 2009

Well having arrived at the rear of the hotel, I searched for the "ramped " entrance that was described! after trying all of the doors, I found one that was open and looked inside, my thoughts were, I had stumbled into the basement (whch actulay it was) I walked in and was met with dingy,dark and dismal entrace( yes I did realise it was the ramped disabled access but even so) i stumbled around and found some stairs, which led up to reception, I asked the lady where the lift was, she replied I had just walked past it (I had missed it with it being so dark).We eventualy went to our room which ws lovely 10/10 big room, massive bay over looking the sea, the bathroom was briliant modern and light, but this was about the only thing that was modern and bright about the hotel.The hopitality tray consistered of 4 "loose" teabags! 4 tiny tubes of sugar and 5 little cartons of milk,these tea bags could have been sat there for ever I dont know, so I sugest to take your own teabags. The meals were served quickley and were hot, the menu choice was very poor, in fact the last day (we only stayed for 2 nights) there was nothing on the menu I fancied , pork/salmon or salad that was it, I must say the starters were tasty but very small, anybody worried that they cant eat 3 courses neednt worry !!! you made your own toast which was fine but bear in mind you are only provided with ONE! butter pat each! so if you like 2 slices of toast!! tuff! As for the staff! well to be truthful we only saw either 3 or 4 the 3rd one could have been one of the otehrs in a differnet diguise! and these staff im sure (unless my eyes were deciving me) were multi tasking, serving food then rushing to reception to attent to customers, also when the lift door opened and the cleaner was stood there, im sure it was the same girl whos had served my tea, the bar is meant to be open during the day but you will have to be patient and wait for some one to appear to serve you (and that could be anybody) the man that served me then appeared later with a chefs overall on, lol..the girls that served our food did not communicate other than "you finished"? "what you like for dinner"? their vocabulary was very limited. The breakfast ws ok.The hotel is dark very dingy in fact the last day when we went down i to the basement to load up the car its was pitch black,you needed a torch! anyone with bad sight or disabled needs to be cautious, the hotel was quiet at night and as I say a lovely room and bathroom but thats it..yes they do say they are upgrading, but I thinks this is a favourite saying of a lot of hotels and guest houses! needless to say I won't be visiting the Kensington again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2008

As a party of 30 when we arrived we were greeted and made to feel very welcome.
During the 5 days we stayed the catering was excellent with a very varied choice on the menu.
The staff were very accomadating and nothing was to much trouble for them.
The evening entertainment was excellent with very professional performances.
We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone and will be staying here again in the future

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Satisfied3
Reviewed September 24, 2008

My friend and I were on a coach trip to llandudno, we were firstly put into the Broadway Hotel LLandudno but after 2 days we asked to be moved and were put into the Kensington. We found the rest of the trip lovely, the staff were friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent and the entertainment was very good. The rooms are comfortable and clean, lovely walk in shower. Very generous tea and coffee facilities, which were very welcome after our experience at the Broadway. We would like to thank everyone at the Kensington for making our stay very pleasant.

Mrs Burton and Mrs Redden