“great afternoon tea with fab service”

Characters Tea House and Hot Stone Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Characters Tea House and Hot Stone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 234 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$5 - US$27
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Characters Teahouse and Hot Stone Restaurant. A secret to be found. Tucked away in a side street we are not easy to find. But when you do you are in for a big surprise. We are different to say the least..You could say quirky and you would be right. Old second hand china, cups, saucers, plates, glasses, furniture etc all bought from charity shops and completely mismatched giving the place character and ambiance hence the name Characters. Food is wholesome and unpretentious ,soups, sandwiches, hand made cakes & scones of different flavours forming the basis of our now famous Afternoon Tea. Accompanied by proper loose leaf tea & coffee of your choice we are open daytime 11am to 4pm Monday to Saturday. In the evening Friday & Saturday serving from 6.30pm to 8.00pm our also famous "Steak on the Stone" Accompanied by "Bring your Own" wine, beer or champagne. Whenever you decide to visit you will be greeted with a big welcome from the staff & management of this lovely family run restaurant..hopefully see you soon. Characters Team
Reviewed November 6, 2018

book for afternoon tea for 10, sevice was great and was the food, lovely little place.
10 out of 10.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

We visited here as a large group for the afternoon tea which was absolutely delicious and excellent value for money. You get to choose your own sandwich, type of scone and a huge slice of cake, and there are plenty of different things to choose from! At £10.95 per person we thought this was excellent value for money as there was a lot of food and you can bring your own champagne at no extra cost! They even provide you with ice buckets and glasses!

The only reason I haven’t given it a five star rating is because the staff were a bit inattentive and we felt rushed to leave once we were finished. Despite this we will be back again soon! Food was fantastic.

2  Thank PopPops12
Reviewed October 26, 2018

A really cute cafe, the best bit of which is the mismatched crockery, each piece is gorgeous! The staff were friendly and attentive. The menu was extensive and there were veggie options, but not much for vegans!
Next time I reckon I'll give one of the delicious looking cakes a go

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

Booked a table here twice now to have them cancel. Booked for 8:30 on Saturday to have them inform me the next day they didn't have any tables, booked again for Sunday to be contacted and told they were closed. I understand mistakes happen but to be allowed to book a table twice and both times be cancelled on is extremely unprofessional and poor management.

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Myself, mum and 3sisters booked Characters for one of my sisters 30th birthdays for a little afternoon tea treat.
Fantastic place, full of wackyness. Each cup and saucer, plate and cupcake stand wefe different, the teapots too, it was superb!

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful.

The food was fantastic, very fresh, sandwiches made to order and very full fillings, a good variety of scones and cakes, and the portions were huge!! I didn't manage my cake after my sandwich and scone, so they wrapped it and i took it away with me.

I love this place, full of the unexpected! The toilet is situated downstairs, which is full of toiletries and parfumes. More seating area downstairs also, with a piano!

Would definately recommend this place to everyone!

Date of visit: July 2018