All reviews dog friendly hotel complete refurbishment would stay here again basic hotel served quickly a small car park stayed here for one night bit dated a sea view room clean towels lovely hotel brilliant location watch the world couple of nights couldn't do enough many thanks town centre
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. Check in, accommodation, breakfast were all very good. Staff very friendly too. But my disappointment was the shower. The temperature of the water was lovely but the pressure was appalling. We had a room on the third floor so I'm presuming this was the reason. Quite simply it was a dribble and took ages to wash in. Other than that the stay was lovely. Unfortunately though, that is reason enough to not return.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jilly B
Reviewed June 13, 2016

The hotel is set in a lovely position at the Great Orme end of the bay. Its nice and quiet and only a short walk from the beach, pier and town centre. The staff are really good and cant do enough for you and the food is very good especially the scrambled egg for breakfast. Steve who works as the night porter is so helpful explaining all the things to do and see and the cheapest way to get there. Well done all of you.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank ANDY M
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Stayed here for two nights as part of a coach tour. As a coach we were offered a reduced choice menu, which would have been acceptable if the choice had been better and the quality had been acceptable. The breakfast sausages were cheap and nasty. The roast dinner was the same. Having to order this meal in the morning was a pain as were weren't always sure what we would have eaten during the day. The serving bowls for breakfast were broken and should be replaced. The waitress staff were pleasant and friendly, but were obviously tasked to serve as quickly as possible,so I felt very rushed. In fact I hear in rhubarb a non resident being told that they wouldn't be served food unti7.30as they had a large party to deal with first! No wonder the bar was always empty! Not a good way to run a businesses. Which leads me to the managers, well I think they were. They never spoke and looked very unfriendly, was this because we were a coach trip . On checking out and handing over my room key I never even got a thank you never mind did you have a nice stay. The bar area is quite nice,but the dining room was cramped, airless, and poorly decorated, in fact it was very depressing. The rooms were ok, beads very comfortable, but the bathroom needed updating, the toilet looked grubby. There was a sign on the door warning that the steam might set of the fire alarm, I they had an extracted fan that worked I wouldn't have needed to. The bathroom smelt damp and musty. I hope to return to Llandudno but will certainly not be staying at the baytree. Perhaps the management need to take some tips from their staff regarding customer management . There was no welcome information or telephone in the rooms regarding any local services or emergency numbers. A little worrying as I was travelling with my elderly mother. In fact one of my fellow travellers had problems with her room key and the staff couldn't be bothered to go up and help her.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2016

This hotel is ideally placed for beach and shopping, beach is across the road and shop within 5 minute walk, hotel average, as no information booklet in rooms, window very dirty, bathroom leak from ceiling, no snack bar or packed lunches as advertised, public bar did not open till 4pm, asked if we could get a cup of coffee about 3pm was told quite abruptly that tea and coffee was provided in your room

Room Tip: Ask to see room first before booking
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAMES S
Reviewed June 4, 2016

I have just got back from a fantastic 2 days in this lovely hotel. Car park is small but I managed to get in. Check in was quick and staff very friendly, including owner. I went into my room, 109, and the first thing that hit me was the fantastic view of the sea The room was bigger than other single rooms I've had at other hotels. It was very clean, bright and welcoming. The bed was very comfortable. The chair by the window was comfortable too. I loved the en suite with its shower cubicle with sliding glass doors, just wish there had been a little shelf in the cubicle to put shampoo/shower gel on. The breakfast was basic but was served very quickly and hot. It seemed to be freshly cooked to order though as nothing was hard or too hot. Usually in hotels the fried eggs have gone hard through being kept warm but mine were perfect with lovely runny yolks ☺ All of the staff I met, including the owner, were very friendly and chatty. It was very relaxing sitting in the bar even though I was on my own. I would definitly recommend this hotel and can't wait to go back.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo