All reviews dog friendly hotel a small car park stayed here for one night a sea view room lovely hotel clean towels night stay double bed couldn't do enough many thanks a lovely stay enjoyable stay breakfast was delicious plenty of choice pier prom hairdryer
Reviewed August 28, 2018

In less than two weeks we shall be returning to the Bay Tree, my husband,barmy dog and myself. Why am I excited? Because I really miss the friendliness of this place. I really miss not going, which we choose to do , during the summer because obviously EVERYWHERE is busy and so it should be, it's a lovely town with very accommodating people. The Bay Tree itself can only be labelled in the same way, which us why we choose to go on a very regular basis. Yes, there might be little blips at times, not enough tea bags or chairs but how is that resolved. One speaks to and asks whoever is on duty and the matter us dealt with. I have sensitive dietary requirements and they are actually remembered by Sam when it comes to ordering supper. We are quite emphathetic as to where we want to sit for all our meals and it is organised. I have to say, for friendliness and obliging people the Bay Tree is the place to go.

Room Tip: Sea facing. Well worth the little extra.
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Hotel clean but should be made in to a pet hotel there seemed to be more dogs than residents!!!! Quite large dogs, I am an animal lover but eating your evening meal with dogs barking around you not for us. The food was very average breakfast not warm evening meal not good . Bedroom and bathroom very small all in all would not visit again but if you want to take your dog away ideal .

1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed August 24, 2018

My parents went on a coach trip here in August this year. After the first night they woke to find blood spots on the sheets and my Father found a little bed bug hopping around. They spoke to the hotel who moved them to a different room. If it was me I would have left and found another hotel but my folks are 80 and 86 and are of the generation that 'don't want to make a fuss'.
They didnt' mention this to the coach trip operator (I have since) and there was no compensation from the hotel. I have called and asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't available and despite me asking for him to call me back, he (or she) hasn't.
My folks said on the whole, despite the bugs, the food was ok and the place was ok. I'm just very disappointed that it ruined their holiday and no one has bothered to speak to me or them.
For the record, my mother had a bad reaction to the bites and has been on steroids since she came back.
My advice - pay a bit more and go somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Shirlz151
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Had 5 day stay (ending today). Overheard conversation between owner and guests about plans for improvements at Baytree. I think they have a good hotel, hardworking staff and good food. The rooms are small but adequate, a bit of a maze finding some rooms though.
No phones in rooms (which would've been handy as we had 3 rooms between us). Many nonresidents use the hotel for evening meals. I recommend the Baytree hotel and would be happy to return anytime.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Recently stopped here through a coach trip. I have mixed feelings , my first disappointment was finding out our dining room was at the back of the hotel , not the table and chairs as shown on the web page , very misleading.

When booking I did not note I had any special requirements as the hotel had a lift , so in my mind there was no special requirements needed , we were placed on the first floor which was fine until I saw we then had to go down 8 stairs and up 3 to get to our room and vice versa , my mother found this hard I accept this was partially my fault but I did not realise there would be stairs ,even though we went up on the first floor. I did speak to reception but they weren’t interested and would not change our room despite not being full.

Room was very small and cosmetic decorating was needed , there were areas in the hotel which were quite grubby.

Breakfast was excellent, evening meal had to be ordered at breakfast time. Evening meal was a bit disappointing the mains were a choice of a roast , salad or a fish dish , the menu is on a rolling 4 day program.

We were in a back room with a terrible view , but I accept everyone can’t have a sea view.

1  Thank pentara