Escape Boutique B&B
The Queens Hotel(Llandudno)
US$129
US$96
  • Beachfront
Whitefriars Bed & Breakfast(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Bar/Lounge
St. Tudno Hotel(Llandudno)
US$99
US$96
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$117/night.

The Broadway Hotel(Llandudno)(Great Value!)
US$59
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

Headlands Hotel(Llandudno)
  • Beachfront
US$77
US$58
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshonesty barcopper bathled lightsoriginal victorian featuresdouble showerdvd playergorgeous roomwarm welcomegreat ormebreakfast was deliciousbreakfast stafflittle touchesnorth waleshigh standardfresh fruit saladfull englishtram station
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Well, I am very upset, it has to be said. I booked Room 1 - which I was told on the phone was their best room - back in early November. I also encourage two of our friends to book a room there - and they booked Room 9.

The weekend away was a surprise for my husband - he didn't know where we were going or that our friends were already there.

And what a surprise it was.

The front of the building was completely covered in scaffolding, and when Hannah greeted us, I told her I wasn't expecting that. She said it was unexpected work that needed to be done, and that the builders would be leaving in a couple of hours once it got dark.

However, when we went to our room, we discovered that there was a platform of scaffolding directly on our window sill, where builders' sandwiches, bottles of Coke, and legs were our 'stunning' view. Their conversations were our soundtrack, as was the drilling and banging.

I was mortified. I went downstairs immediately almost in tears and told Hannah it wasn't acceptable. She said there was nothing she could do and offered both her apologies and the option for us to not stay there.

But that was no option at all. Our friends had travelled four hours to stay there too and it was 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. Where could we even go?

I told her I would not be paying full price and she agreed to give me a discount. My main issue was that I had not been notified about these works taking place when I would have had time to find an alternative.

My booking had been in place for weeks, and I had received an email a couple of days earlier saying they were looking forward to seeing us and then actual text messages from Hannah herself that morning asking for our arrival time. But no mention of the scaffolding? No mention of the room with a drastically substandard view?

Totally unacceptable.

Equally unacceptable was the unmarked wooden scaffolding planks on the steps outside the front door, which my husband duly tripped over that night.

Also, quite shocking to discover the unmarked metal scaffolding bars at face/head height which were almost completely invisible as you walked out of the front door. Worryingly, these hazards were directly in front of a small flights of steps which led down the garden.

Clearly this was a major health and safety hazard which had not been addressed by either the scaffolding company or the hotel. Pictures attached.

The room was nowhere near as big as it the website suggested. There was a remote control for something that didn't exist. There was a Bose docking station for the old style iPods which I'm sure no one even has anymore. One of the bedside lamps had a broken stand and kept folding down onto the bed. The main light shade was wonky, and the furniture was tired. 6 tiny UHT milks, and a single biscuit. And at breakfast, when my husband asked to have fried bread instead of toast, he was told that wasn't possible, so toast it was.

This morning we checked out and, sure enough, Hannah had applied a 50% discount and the bill was now £74.50.

I was too tired to argue any further discount due to being repeatedly woken up throughout the night by the rattling sash window, and so I resignedly paid the bill.

Only now, on coming home, have I looked at the Trip Advisor reviews and deeply regret not doing so earlier.

Quite frankly, I was thoroughly embarrassed this weekend to have brought my husband to a hotel of this standard, not to mention my ill-advised recommendation of Escape to our friends, who also felt disappointed by aspects of their own room.

It was a very long journey for a very upsetting and underwhelming weekend escape for everyone involved.

As we were packing the car, one of the breakfast staff walked past us down the drive to put rubbish in the big bins, and one of the builders wolf whistled her as she went.

You know, if I had wanted to stay at a building site, I'm pretty sure I could have done so for way less than £74.50.

Leah

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MsSumner
gracewalks, General Manager at Escape Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Dear Leah,
Thank you for your review.
As expressed during your stay I am deeply disappointed and completely apologetic that you did not enjoy your stay here at Escape.
In response, please understand that we are a business simply trying to improve our standards. The scaffolding is there for necessary maintenance and the re-panting of the building. We have a very small window of opportunity to complete this work before the worst of the winter weather which is why we have chosen to do so.
Information of the scaffolding was not mentioned in our automated emails or day of arrival message as it is a very short term fixture that no guests have had an issue with to date.
Again, I apologize if there where aspects of the room that you were unhappy with and we shall do our best to amend anything we deem necessary.
The 50% discount was given as a gesture of good will as I appreciate the view from your room was effected.
As regards to TripAdvisor reviews, on the whole we are very proud of our 76% excellent and 18% very good percentages and will be sure to send you a picture of the newly and improved exterior of the building when work is complete.

Reviewed November 27, 2017

My husband and I booked a 2 night stay to visit the Christmas Market on the 17th & 18th. After receiving a very warm welcome from Hannah we were given an upgrade to room 9 and were not disappointed. We loved the split level layout, the very comfy bed and the lovely little touches like a small bowl of sweets! Following a great nights sleep we were presented with the most delicious breakfast and fab service. We definitely made the right choice staying here and if ever in Llandudno again this will be our 'place to stay'.
On arriving home we discovered we had left something behind. After a quick phone call to Hannah it was popped in the post and was safely back with us before the end of the week. Thank you so much for such great service throughout. The 5 stars are well deserved!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzieChorleyLancs
gracewalks, Manager at Escape Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2017

Hi there,

We are so happy that you found your say "superb!"
Thank you very much for all of your comments and you are more than welcome on the returned item.
Hope to see you again sometime.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

Selecting a venue to attend a gig was made easy when I saw Llandudno was on the itinerary as it meant a stay in Escape. Second visit to this lovely B&B didn't disappoint. The room, Modern Romance, was just as good as the previous room, The Boudoir. Warm friendly staff for whom nothing was too much trouble. Geat nights sleep followed by a superb breakfast in relaxed surroundings. Thanks to Hannah for her help and kindness, nice to be greeted by someone with such a lovely smile.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the lovely review.
I'm so happy that you had a great nights sleep and enjoyed the room and breakfast!
Its great that you decided to stay with us for a second time and hope it will not be the last.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

My boyfriend and I took a few days to visit Llandudno and stayed at the Escape Boutique B&B. What an elegant, sophisticated, and classy B&B! The owners are incredibly warm and friendly, the rooms very clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was outstanding! The B&B is in a great location and within walking distance to the heart of the town and beach areas. The outside of the B&B was so beautiful in its architecture and garden. I can't wait to come back and enjoy this lovely gem again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
gracewalks, General Manager at Escape Boutique B&B, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2017

Hi Stacey,

We are so thank full for your review and love hearing your comments.
Elegant, sophisticated and classy... exactly what we aim for so its amazing to hear that its coming across. Hope to be welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2017 via mobile

I am fortunate enough to be able to stay in this fantastic B&B on a regular basis for business, although I have had an enjoyable stay here with my husband as well. We originally found Escape on a recommendation from my brother and sister in law. My company has corporate rates agreed with a couple of hotels in the area but they just didn’t offer the same experience I remembered finding at Escape. Firstly the location is fantastic for either of Llandudno’s beaches, the town centre and the tram station. There is a small car park and free parking on the road (difficult to find in this small town). You will always get a warm greeting, whether it’s from Sam the owner or from Hannah the General Manager. They will recommend the best local restaurants, bars and take aways and cater to your every need. If you fancy a night in there is a well equipped honesty bar. The rooms are all beautiful and every one is unique. Room 3 is my favourite for it’s huge copper bath. Even during high season the B&B is on a quiet road and a good night’s sleep is guaranteed. The breakfast staff are very friendly and there is always a comfortable atmosphere in the breakfast room where many guests will make conversation with one another about their plans for the day ahead or palaces they have visited and recommend. There is a good choice available for breakfast which is freshly cooked (no buffets here!) and staff are willing to cater to specific requirements.
Overall I find Escape incredible value for money and far superior to the 4 and 5 star hotels I have tried in the area. This is in part due to it’s quirk, charm and beautiful rooms but mostly due to the personal service and relaxed atmosphere you will find here. I look forward to my next visit in a few weeks time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank kateyktm

Hi Kate,

Wow! thank you so much for such a positive review!
We really appreciate your feedback on the breakfast staff and all the other points made.
Its also a pleasure to hear that you feel relaxed and enjoy the atmosphere at Escape.
I believe you are booked in again very soon, so I shall be seeing you then to thank you in person.