All reviews dog friendly hotel owners and staff on arrival sea front nice stay per night the main shopping street warm welcome well stocked bar two night stay short break comfy bed room was large couldn't do enough excellent value for money single room great position
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

This is a grubby, smelly, sad hotel which once will have been beautiful but has been the victim or poor refurbishment and lack of investment. I went into our first room and the arm chair was so disgusting I wouldn't have let a dog sit on it, as I pondered whether to stay or not the hotelier knocked on the door and asked if I would prefer another?? At this point I had made no complaints we looked at the other room and it was marginally better so I took it. Is he embarrassed about the state of his own hotel I ask myself? I could go on for days about how bad it was but I think I will be wasting time. my advice just don't stay here.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mandy10jones
Reviewed September 28, 2018

I stayed here on a weekday and on arrival the manager was very attentive. Was showed the breakfast room and my bedroom. My case was taken upstairs for me. The room was big, bright and airy and overlooked the main road / shops / roundabout. There were chairs and a table near the window to sit and watch out. The bed was quite firm but very comfortable, the linen was all fresh and clean.

I had a good nights sleep on the bad, the only slight problem was the curtains which didnt fit the windows and about a third of the room was windows which meant by about 5:30am the room was as light as daytime.
The room was equipped with everything you need (never get enough little milks so I bought a bottle myself), plenty of tea and coffee.

Bathroom was nice and clean, with a good shower with good pressure and temperature control.
There were some toiletries, hair and body wash on the sink, but these were used, one empty and the other half empty.
Please change the key fobs - they are so big I had to take a bag out (which I dont usually carry) as it was too big for my pocket!

Breakfast was very good, toast, fruits, cereals etc for you to select yourself and then an ordered and freshly cooked breakfast. The food was nice and tasty. Staff were nice, friendly and quite efficient.

The Location for me was great - I had friends staying at other hotels within a 5 minute walk and it was also 5 minutes from the Theatre which was my reason for being there. I thought the location on a busy shopping/bar/restaurant street it would be noisy, but it was not.

Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2018 via mobile

5 star experience, a lovely Victorian residence, very nice and clean, is a budget hotel and the rating and review reflects that. Excellent location. Lovely room the nothing was too much to ask the owner very friendly as we're the staff breakfast lovely. Will definitely be returning would recommend to anyone. Very central for shops seafront and Theatre. The owner is very personable, hardworking and enthusiastic: nothing is too much trouble. The room was very clean, linen crisp and beds comfortable. Breakfast was freshly cooked and very tasty. The staff are very helpful and efficient. It was excellent value and was way beyond expectations. but most of all a very hardworking attentive owner where nothing is too much trouble, he even carried our cases to the car.<br>
<br>
Fantastic breakfast and really great staff, it is clear that you are the customer and the staff want to do whatever they can to help, a rare treat.<br>
<br>
We will be back for sure. This a the place to sty if you visit Llandudno for sure.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank mcgrillinc
Reviewed September 21, 2018

We booked a 4 night stay, on arrival we had a very warm welcome, were allowed to park in the private car park for the whole stay. The hotel is situated on the corner of a main busy junction, but not very noisy and it's only 200 metres from the promenade. Our room was on the first floor, there is a lift but we chose to keep fit and used the stairs, the room was clean, spacious and bright, there was a good selection of tea and coffee makings, the widows in our room have not been upgraded as yet and were the old sash type which rattled a bit in the wind, but once the small wedges were put in, the rattling stopped and was fine. The toilet was clean and the shower had plenty of pressure and hot water, a selection of basic toiletries, are provided and the towels and sheets were changed daily. The staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasant. The free wifi was good we had a strong signal throughout our stay. We paid extra for breakfast, there was a very good buffet selection, food was freshly cooked to order and was very tasty. There is a pleasant lounge and the drinks were reasonably priced. Overall we had a very good stay and have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terence P
Reviewed September 17, 2018

Really felt at home .family run .fantastic welcome.good decor .clean and tidy. hotel has a lift and private parking .breakfast was very good ,nice buffet choice and full breakfast to follow.really excellent for the price . Central location.thoroughly recommend this hotel for the price. Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends