“Classy hotel restuarant opposite the pier”

Osborne's Cafe and Grill
Ranked #31 of 231 Restaurants in Llandudno
Price range: US$20 - US$39
Cuisines: European, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Osborne’s Café and Grill in Llandudno -- could there be a more romantic restaurant anywhere? Set in the Grade II listed Osborne House Hotel right on the promenade, Osborne’s is a modern tribute to high Victorian style. Softly candlelit and decorated with opulent drapery, period fireplace, gleaming chandeliers, gilt mirrors, antiques, paintings and fluted columns, the dining room still manages to be relaxed and informal. Perfect for light bites or full meals, the menu uses local produce to create inventive, seasonally-changing modern European dishes. Everyone loves the Conwy Valley lamb shank with ratatouille and basil when it’s on the menu and the Osborne’s rendering of fish and chips.
Reviewed November 1, 2016

Went here twice: Friday evening for an excellent dinner, with professional attentive service, classy decor and really good food. Very enjoyable. Then again on Sunday lunch time for a bar meal - only to find they don't do them. Our fault but disappointing as the layout and location were just what we were looking for. Their sister hostelry The Empire, just around the corner does appear to accept lunchtime bar trade. Unfortunately the other half of our party disappeared over the horizon in a different direction and we had to chase after them rather than sample the wares of The Empire.

Reviewed October 30, 2016

Myself and my husband have been to Osborne House for an evening meal and quite a few occasions and the food never disappoints. They cater for coeliacs which is great for me. The staff are very pleasant and helpful. The atmosphere is lovely and relaxed. The only slight downside is that the menu year after year does not change very much, however the food is lovely.

Reviewed October 22, 2016

We visit Llandudno regularly as my mum lives there. Have been to the Osborne several times but never reviewed before. We are hoping to move to LL in the near future so thought it would be good to review local places.
The Osborne is a fine small hotel & restaurant, with boutique interiors and a classy feel. The staff are very friendly with great customer service. We had pre-dinner drinks in the lounge. The restaurant has a calm feel yet the interior is quite exuberant. The food was very good. Fillet steak cooked to perfection and like butter to eat. Service professional and of a high standard. Wine list is generous and not ridiculously priced for a high end restaurant. Would definitely recommend this place for an evening meal. I'm sure when we move to LL, it will become one of our guilty pleasures!

Reviewed October 18, 2016 via mobile

We visited here on Friday for lunch and was given a nice table in the corner. Had wine and ordered soup for starters which was very nice. We then had a rather long wait until the next course and when it arrived my fishcakes were slightly burnt and only warm. I didn't complain as my mum and sister had chicken on mash which was lovely and hot so I didn't want to cause a fuss. During our meal residents leaving the hotel were passing through the dining area, wheeling suitcases which we thought was quite rude/unnecessary. My mum and sister had a dessert which they enjoyed and when we asked for the bill we waited so long we ended up getting up and paying at the bar on our way out. I don't think we will go here again; there are nicer, better serviced places to dine close by.

2  Thank Big72
Reviewed October 17, 2016

This place deserves to be number one! What a special restaurant - an absolute must.
The food is exquisite and the surroundings and ambiance are perfect for a special occasion without the price tag.
I'm very impressed! 10/10